What's your current favorite track in the whole wide world?

Morlock

Well, what is it?

Please, only post ONE TRACK. If you post more than one, you're either lying, or you don't know yourself well enough.

Of course, this could change very quickly, but I'm just curious what it is at the exact moment you might feel like replying to the thread.

My current favorite track in the whole wide world is 'The Escape' from A Little Princes, by Patrick Doyle. A great charged track, that builds in emotion and intensity. He just nailed the scene, and I can hear the rain storm in the music.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE TRACK ONLY, are you insane, are you mad? are you crazy?

ok,

One Barrel Chase, Jaws

ask me again tomorrow and I'll tell you differently.

its good to see that I am the only loyal fan on this thread so far, you bunch of no good filthy traitors.

Only one track?

This is like Sophie's Choice all over again.

But which cue from Sophie's Choice?

Morlock- not personaly a fan of Hamlisch's score

The Map Room-Dawn(Raiders!!!!!) Yes! I love it. Heres a question....does anyone have the Prague Phil CD with the trilogy music on it? Comments?

Final conflict from what film?

Mine is Flight to Neverland, as it has always been :angry:

That is, regarding movie scores.

My favorite all time musical track is Antonin Dvorak's Heroic Song.

The Little Princess track is still my favorite, 2 days running. I all of a sudden thought of that theme yesterday, put in the CD, and rediscovered how great the score is. Highly recommended. I've recently seriously expanded my Doyle collection, and I'm pretty ecstatic with the results. A gem, every one of them.

"Anakin's Dark Deeds" - the REAL version. Still my favorite, since the first time I heard it in the film.

I had typed out "The Motorcade" (from JFK) and realized I'm still more excited about Anakin's Dark Deeds. Maybe it will change soon? I've been listening to all 3 Potters in a row the last few days, and that's been fun too... and this doesn't even begin to get into non-film tracks.

Morlock, are you expanding your Doyle collection in antipation of GoF?

Morlock, are you expanding your Doyle collection in antipation of GoF?

Nope. Just a natural development in my film score loving life. I had to fully discover him sometime, his work is too good to be missed. I've so far got Much Ado About Nothing, Needful Things, A Little Princess, Hamlet, Great Expectations and Dead Again. Just got Carlito's Way and Frankenstein on ebay, and I'll probably finally get Henry V too (though I already have a burnt copy).

Luckily, he hasn't been around too long, so what I've got already constitues a respectible portion of his work. A lot of gaps, sure, I'm on the lookout for East-West, gosford Park, Donnie Brasco, Indochine, Secondhand Lions, and Shipwrecked (though I'm not holding my breath on that one). Him doing Potter is just a fortuitous occaision. I wouldn't have thought of him, I'd probably immidiately jump to JNH, but he just strikes me as the most perfect choice short of JW.

There are some very foolish and superficial choices, it seems to me anyway. I will ponder this question over night and reveal my opinion in the morning.

Justin - Deep in thought.

"Anakin's Dark Deeds" - the REAL version. Still my favorite, since the first time I heard it in the film.

What do you mean, the "REAL" version? There is no difference between the film version and the album version, although an alternate with percussive overdubs can be found in Star Wars Galaxies. Unless you are talking about the fanfare at the end, extended in the film? That's part of the cue "It Can't Be," but grouped with "Anakin's Dark Deeds" on the album.

For this particular moment in time, I'm quite fond of the beautiful "Men of Yorktown March." Not sure how it qualifies as a march, though.

Ray Barnsbury

"Summer"

The first track from Joe Hisaishi's Kikujiro soundtrack

His solo piano CD "Encore" has an arrangement of the piece,

The sheet music is available here "Free!" for that arrangement and many others, all of his solo piano works actually! :)

http://www.joehisaishi.net/partitions/solo/encore/

It's the ultimate feel god and smile piece!

I decided to get some more Hisaishi after hearing Princess Mononoke.

The glowing reviews of Kikujiro at amazon prompted me to but the CD, it really is a joy:

Amazon link $11

Have I sinned? John has always been my clear favourite composer, and I guess he always will be,...but more and more I reach for my Joe Hisaishi playlist.. :angry:

Right now, "Desert Chase" from Raiders of the Lost Ark. I just listened to that last night after having not listened to it for a while, and I knew immediately that it was my favorite track in the whole wide world...at the moment, anyway.

I think you must have meant what is our favourite JOHN WILLIAMS track!??? This is a JW board after all...? So of course it is "E.T. and me", as it always has been. But please don´t ask me to select one single track from all of my 800+ non-Williams classical CD´s! Because of my love for music as an artform, that would be impossible. ;)