What's your current favorite track in the whole wide world?

Morlock

I've been listening to Rimsky-korsakov's 'Scheherazade' A LOT lately. I have it as an APE file, and it's playing as one track, so right now, that's my favorite. Though tomorrow may see a change.

Tim

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, "Mastadge Drag" from Stargate. Up there with "Prologue" from Hook, "Fighting the Destroyer Droids" and "Escape from Naboo" from TPM as one of the most exciting minute-long cues ever.

That happens to be the track that I've got on this Prague Philllharmonics set. I haven't listened to it yet, I'll give it a spin (it got this track and 'Across the Mountains' also).

(Extremely) Current favorite: 'Sons of Scotland' from Braveheart. Although it's highlight is not as rousing as Doyle's Call to Arms from Henry V (well, neither is the speech), it is one fantastic track, and maintains that solemn, rousing excitment throughout. Horner at his absolute finest (well, I think the score in general is possibly his best in context of the film it was written for).

Adventures on Earth and Battle in the Snow are the two most faivourite tracks for me and that just doesn't change but other than those two I am listening to Ilia's Theme and Elora Danan for the mo

It's winter with tons of snow here and the mood I'm just plain reflects the sleepiness of the things around and on my way to work and back home I'm playing "Presumed Innocent" recently, totally sleepy score, it's calmingly beautiful. My favorite track? The whole album sounds like one long track, which is rather welcome in this case, but seriously, it's "Barbara's Confession".

Father Christmas and The Battle from Chronicles of Narnia

Central Park and Tooth and Claw from King Kong

Prayer for Peace from Munich

Carnival Overture by Alexandre Glazunov

Festive Overture by Shostakovich

Everything's Coming Up Roses from Gypsy off the Boston Pops Broadway Recording

Thats about it.

I've rediscovered Hagood Hardy's score to Anne of Green Gables. I don't know what possessed me to dish this off the shelf (should I be ashamed to own it?), but I absolutely love that theme. It's been known to make me tear up from time to time.

Tim, :music: "The Trip to Green Gables"

One piece? You're joking...right?

You're not? Oh...um...

I give up. Too many to choose from. I don't currently have one favorite piece.

However, I can name the one piece that had the greatest emotional impact on me at the first listening. "Anakin's Betrayal" (or "Lament", if you like). I'm telling you, that cue is so unbelievably beautiful. The soaring major-7th chords and the choir and the overwhelming sadness of it. The quiet section when Anakin activates his lightsaber gave me chills. When I first sat down at my CD player to listen to this piece, I think I had to stop halfway through because the emotion was physically affecting me. But I had to hear the rest of it. This was one of the biggest reasons I bought the soundtrack.

Central Park from JNH's King Kong is captivating me today. :P

That's had ;) me captivated from the first listen, I never seem to get tired of it.

I also first heard it the day I was told of a family bereavement a month or so ago. Gives an already emotional track even more significance :nod:

'Beautiful' is equally emotional, and that woodwind rendition of the love theme.... :nod:

One track is indeed insane. Um... damn. There's almost one cue from nearly every other Williams score that I'd rate as worthy of consideration.

I dunno, I have SO many beloved cues, but Luke First Crash from Empire might have to take it. It's cruel to my other faves though. Ludlow's Demise, most of The Fury, a large chunk of the rest of ESB... aww... I'm feeling guilty already. I have too many favorite tracks. I better end the post before I change my mind or post one hundred tracks that come close off of twenty or thirty assorted albums....

I've been listening to Rimsky-korsakov's 'Scheherazade' A LOT lately.  I have it as an APE file, and it's playing as one track, so right now, that's my favorite.  Though tomorrow may see a change.

Tim

Ooh! I got that for Christmas--the Telarc recording by Sir Charles MacKerras and the LSO! Fantastic! So far my favorite on there is probably "The Young Prince and the Young Princess." Simply beautiful.

I was just listening to "The Throne Room/End Titles," and every time I listen to it it knocks my socks off. It's probably my favorite Star Wars finale music. There's something about the key and the orchestration of the strings and winds for the start of the End Titles that I like the most among them all. The brass was cool on the others, but there's this real energy and sense of fun and adventure about this one that's just wonderful.

One track is indeed insane. Um... damn. There's almost one cue from nearly every other Williams score that I'd rate as worthy of consideration.

I dunno, I have SO many beloved cues, but Luke First Crash from Empire might have to take it. It's cruel to my other faves though. Ludlow's Demise, most of The Fury, a large chunk of the rest of ESB... aww... I'm feeling guilty already. I have too many favorite tracks. I better end the post before I change my mind or post one hundred tracks that come close off of twenty or thirty assorted albums....

The key word in this thread is current. This is not an all time favorite list, just whatever track you currently can't get out of your mind.

My current favorite is 'The Visitor & Bye & End Titles' from CE3K. That 10 second section of 9:52-10:02 has got to be the most glorious thing JW's ever written.

A bit too heavy a track for me, except for very specific circumstances (not the chorus, the strings). But I LOVE it in the film.

• 2 weeks later...

The key word in this thread is current. This is not an all time favorite list, just whatever track you currently can't get out of your mind.

OK, if that's the case, then this also changes. Recently it's been:

1. Most of Revenge of the Sith: Sometimes it's one cue, sometimes another, sometimes just a particular portion of a cue. By far my favorite score that I've heard in years.

2. Parts of Geisha: Especially tracks two through six for some reason. First time I played this, my wife thought it was old Thai music. Parts of it have that feel, and it reminded me of buses on Thailand that played old-style Thai music.

3. Parts of Empire: I got Battlefront I on sale (I hate paying full proice for any video game in the last six or so years so I wait until they go on sale or get them used if at all) and it has parts of every Star Wars score to 2004 in it. The tracks from Empire play best on it I believe.

• 1 year later...

I simply don't have a single favourite track right now, but my highest played recently include:

The Earth's Highest Challenge, George Fenton, Planet Earth

Brooks Was Here, Tom Newman, Shawshank

The Battle of Yavin, Ep IV

The Tractor Beam, Ep IV

Burning Homestead, Ep IV (I'm listening to ANH a lot at the moment)

Life on Mars, David Bowie

With constantly changing moods, it's nearly impossible to have one single favourite.