Who is more sexy; John Williams or Jerry Goldsmith?

Sandor

Maybe the girls on (the) board can answer this more easily (and going through the 'Official Members Thread' I can see we have many). Forget the music for a change; who is more sexy - John Williams or Jerry Goldsmith?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry for his ponytail.

John for his soft New Yorker voice. Or should that be New England, Ed?

The sexier of the two?? The jury is still out on that one. Will you take a rain check??

My wife thought JW was sexy in a grandpa sort of way when we met him two years ago. However she has no idea what Goldy looked like, so I guess that doesn't count.

Come to think of it, this question is just plain weird.

If you do the same for female composers, I hope you'll be kind enough to include centerfolds for comparison.

As for the present question, here are some pictures (from the same period) to help you compare and decide:

cmjg01m.gif

Jerry Goldsmith in the '90's

cmjw01.gif

John Williams in the '90's

Brit Rachel Portman is hot favourite on Hitch's poll for Sexy Female Composer followed by So Sue Me of Japan.

And boy is his pole hot!!!! ;)

In his younger years Goldsmith was effectionatly nicknamed "Gorgeous" because of his good looks.

Carol Heather, who became Carol Goldsmith was also in her time a very beautiful women.

So in the old days Goldsmith clearly was the wionner.

Present day...

Well I guess Williams looks better now then the decayed cadaver that recides in Jerry's coffin.

This board is officially disturbed. But I'll play along anyway.

JW looks more normal in a grandpa sort of way.

JG looks more exotic.

As to who is more sexy? I'll stay away from that one.

Carol Heather, who became Carol Goldsmith was also in her time a very beautiful women.

Was in her time??? Is she dead??? I hope not. Obviously you haven't seen the Jerry Goldsmith DVD issued by MUSIC FROM THE MOVIES. Carol is still a beautiful woman. Even if the footage is 10 years old!!!

Well I guess Williams looks better now then the decayed cadaver that recides in Jerry's coffin.

How could you speak ill of the dead???? Even after all those concerts we went together!!!! Shame on you!

williams_conducts.jpg

versus

200px-Jerry_Goldsmith.jpg

There is no comparison!!!!

I'm a girl. :wave: I'd definitely go with Goldsmith. ;) Especially with that silver ponytail - it says fun-loving and unique. I always rather had a thing for older men (like Sean Connery, Harrison Ford), they seem to have a certain distinguished confidence about them that is hot.

JW was a real looker when he was quite young, but still he was more the type you'd want to bring home to mama, and Jerry more the type you'd want to ride off with on his motorcycle. :devil:

Greta

NP: Chinatown Jerry Goldsmith

Greta,

You're not blonde by any chance???

Hitch (who thinks he's just found his next leading lady)

Greta,

Can I be a bad guy in a dress and wig?

Post a picture of yourself in a dress and wig on the board and I'll seriously consider it. :pukeface: And no, you can't cut and paste this picture.

psycho.jpg

Greta,

Not if I cast her first. I've been looking for a blonde lead since Ms Hayworth and I split.

Ms Hayworth was lucky to escape with her life.

Unfortunately you won't if Mother pays you a visit. And anyway, I've been making movies while you were still in diapers.

Hitch, who thinks there will be a bloody battle with Orson soon.

COMING SOON TO A THEATER NEAR YOU:

The giants of the big screen:

HITCHCOCK....

WELLES....

in

THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE

Greta,

Post a picture of yourself in a dress and wig on the board and I'll seriously consider it. :pukeface: And no, you can't cut and paste this picture.

Well he does everyday:

897342b3ce9634a7c.jpg

Ms Hayworth was lucky to escape with her life.

I got rid of that broad right before the Alzheimers set in.

Unfortunately you won't if Mother pays you a visit.  And anyway, I've been making movies while you were still in diapers.

Go ahead and send he/she... you know of my blatant disregard for authority. (Stand up film by the way.)

Hitch, who thinks there will be a bloody battle with Orson soon.

COMING SOON TO A THEATER NEAR YOU:  

The giants of the big screen:

HITCHCOCK....

WELLES....

in

THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE

I like it, but I have you beat there too old mate. You couldn't keep up with my two porterhouse steaks, two potatoes, a pineapple and three servings of pistachio ice cream washed down with a pint of Scotch.

I'm a girl. ;) I'd definitely go with Goldsmith. :P Especially with that silver ponytail - it says fun-loving and unique. I always rather had a thing for older men (like Sean Connery, Harrison Ford), they seem to have a certain distinguished confidence about them that is hot.

JW was a real looker when he was quite young, but still he was more the type you'd want to bring home to mama, and Jerry more the type you'd want to ride off with on his motorcycle.  :pukeface:  

Greta

NP: Chinatown Jerry Goldsmith

OMG she's hot for a corpse

skeleton3.jpg

Jerry smiles at the thought of his post mortum date with the Greta

Greta,

Post a picture of yourself in a dress and wig on the board and I'll seriously consider it. :P And no, you can't cut and paste this picture.

Well he does everyday:

897342b3ce9634a7c.jpg

Oh why!? Oh why did I give her Cabin 1!?

Who is Greta!???!!!

Hi Roald LOL Yes, can get a bit confusing with such distinguished company as Orson and Hitch here as well. I was kind of named after Greta Garbo, also because of German heritage. Not really blonde though... picture

Greta - but not Garbo

A woman??? And don't worry about not being blonde. I'll fix that.

Hands off, Welles. She's mineeeeee. Myyyyy preeeecciiiiooussssssssssss.

Hitch, eager to get Greta to sign on the dotted line.....fast.

Hitch, eager to get Greta to sign on the dotted line.....fast.

Why don't we ask her which director she would want to work for...

Hi Roald LOL Yes, can get a bit confusing with such distinguished company as Orson and Hitch here as well. I was kind of named after Greta Garbo, also because of German heritage. Not really blonde though... picture

How you doin'? <INSERT BIG SMILE>

Cue the fight music from Star Trek TOS: Season 1 "AMOK TIME"

Miss Greta has picked out her two directors to see who will direct her in their next movie.

Hitch in the Gold command shirt (obviously as he does a mean Shatner impersonation) and Orson in his royal Blue science shirt (which befits you as you are obviously spending a lot of time under your little microscope) battle it to the death to see who win her fair hand. Of course, I get the girl once I get my shirt torn again.

320x240.jpg

She's only partial to the Dutch when you use your feeble Jedi mind tricks on her.

Hitch, immune to Steef's Jedi skills. :-)

Cue the fight music from Star Trek TOS: Season 1 "AMOK TIME"

I'd prefer Duel of the Fates

320x240.jpg

Of course, I get the girl once I get my shirt torn again.

What happens if you lose your toupee?

Orson does not particularly like all these Star Trek references.