What is the last score you listened to?

HPFAN_2

KOTOR I - Good, but not better than Shadows of the Empire

KOTOR II - Better than Shadows of the Empire, more Star Wars-y than KOTOR I

Searching for Bobby Fischer - Excellent

Mass Effect - Synthy in a Blade Runner way, good listen.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hard-drive crashed and I lost my MP3 player....so all I've got is my old 1 gb one, on which I can't change the music I've got on it.....but I had some good stuff on it. So I've been listening to Hidalgo, The Blue Max, The Stepford Wives (Arnold's), The Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3, and HP 1 & 3. I've got a couple of dozens of CDs waiting to be listened to, in addition to another dozen on the way....but I no longer have a discman.....pretty traumatic couple of weeks, musically speaking.

It's been quite a week so far!

The Pelican Brief by James Horner

The Lost World: Jurassic Park by John Williams

AI Artificial Intelligence Complete Score by John Williams

Angela's Ashes (w/o dialouge) by John Williams

Atonement by Dario Marianelli

Currently listening to The Patriot by John Williams!

Little Miss Sunshine - absolute brilliance, very unique, excellent!

Now, I just want to clarify, by "absolute brilliance," you mean not your every day brilliance, but true absolute brilliance?

:lol:

Little Miss Sunshine - absolute brilliance, very unique, excellent!

Now, I just want to clarify, by "absolute brilliance," you mean not your every day brilliance, but true absolute brilliance?

;)

:lol::P;) Yes, I guess that's what I was saying.

Ok, so I just found and listened to the complete Star Trek the Motion Picture. eek2.gif

Holy smokes is it fantastic!! I have always loved this score, but hearing the "new" stuff was really amazing and a very enjoyable experience.

So, the 20th anniversary thing, is that the complete score? Or are you talking about some sort of bootleg? Because that's been a long term goal on my "To Buy" list for quite some time, is it really that great?

The thing I'm talking about can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Picture-Va...9539&sr=8-4

So, the 20th anniversary thing, is that the complete score? Or are you talking about some sort of bootleg? Because that's been a long term goal on my "To Buy" list for quite some time, is it really that great?

The thing I'm talking about can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Picture-Va...9539&sr=8-4

That's a great release (other than the 2nd throw-away interview disc), but I what I just heard is a boot with all of the music and even alternates of some of the tracks.

The 20th Anniversary set is good to have only for the first disc since it has good sound quality for the unreleased material. I agree that the second disc was a wasted opportunity. Sony should have put all the music from the film (even if it didn't have alternates) onto both discs.

Edit: and to answer again no the 20th Anniversary set is not complete, just expanded. There is a real full complete score for Star Trek The Motion Picture out there though.

Marian is correct, that's part of the reason why the CD was delayed at the time. From what was told at the time Goldsmith approved in writing the cues he wanted or would allow.

While I'm sure a majority of film score buffs have the "complete" version, a legit remastered version with alternates would be welcome.

I've been listening to the score for Tomb Raider Anniversary lately. While it is synthesised, it is done quite well (better than the original) though there are missing moments that I liked from TR1 which aren't there anymore.

Not really a score, but i recently listened to Avner and Daphna from Munich. Somehow I passed this track over in the original listening. I LOVE THIS PEICE!!!! I love how he builds the melody with the clarinet then it explodes into a fully string movement. Then ends with a solo with a horn. Amazing. In itself it's a story. The melody goes through three acts in a single piece, it's such brilliant writing.

The Bourne Ultimatum: Eh, not bad. Some nice rythmns and motifs, I look forward to hearing this one more, as I think I'll be able to appreciate it more.

Planet of the Apes (2000): Not so great. Apart from a nice main title piece and some great percussion in "The Hunt," this score has nothing really great. But then again, I don't like Goldsmith's version either.

Conan the Barbarian is the only new one I have yet to hear.

Also listened to Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit: Fantastic, as always.

Sleepy Hollow: I really really like this, great work by Elfman! Bravo!

I agree. It's one of his very best. The second half drags a bit. But it still is a great score. The first minute of The Story is fantastic.

Bravo?...Johnny Bravo!

Ah, I remember that show! It's been a long time! :lol:

Sleepy Hollow: I really really like this, great work by Elfman! Bravo!

I agree. It's one of his very best. The second half drags a bit. But it still is a great score. The first minute of The Story is fantastic.

From the reviews I read on Amazon before seeing the film, I assumed Sleepy Hollow would be a mainly boring score with only a couple of good cues. But I really like this one, much more than I thought I would.

Michael Kamen's concert work The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms- Symphonic Poem and on the same album his wonderful Mr. Holland's Opus - An American Symphony. Beautiful work and I love the reworking of the Mr. Holland's Opus score for the Symphony, especially Movement IV, Rowena, is gorgeous.

Yo Yo Ma Plays the Music of Ennio Morricone. Another superb album which has made me reconsider delving more deeply into Morricone's music as he is one of the greats whose music I have not listened to so much as I have aversion to his Western scores.

Eraser by Alan Silvestri- This wasn't my favorite. It was my first listen, and I have not seen the film. It seemed like a lot of boring underscore.

Hook by John Williams -Always a fun listen. Its amazing to listen to "The Ultimate War", because there are so many things going on. Love this score!

Diamonds Are Forever (the 2003 edition of course :)).

Michael Kamen's concert work The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms- Symphonic Poem and on the same album his wonderful Mr. Holland's Opus - An American Symphony. Beautiful work and I love the reworking of the Mr. Holland's Opus score for the Symphony, especially Movement IV, Rowena, is gorgeous.

This sounds very interesting, especially the symphonic poem, which album is it on?

That's the Barry Bond score I like most on the album. I always knew Goldfinger was great. But when I got this one, I was shocked at how great it is.

I started listening to my Tombstone CD. Fantastic! the orchestra really sound fantastic. I listened to 'Arrival at Tombstone' at least 4-5 times in a row.

This sounds very interesting, especially the symphonic poem, which album is it on?

The album is called simply The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms. And Mr. Kamen himself performs the english horn solo on the mentioned Rowena track.

Diamonds Are Forever (the 2003 edition of course :D).

That's the Barry Bond score I like most on the album. I always knew Goldfinger was great. But when I got this one, I was shocked at how great it is.

Yes sir, it is indeed a masterpiece, and not just because of tons of great music, but also due to the fantastic remastering job, the bloody thing sounds like it's been recorded just yesterday. :):(

JNH's Vertical Limit.

Conana the Barbarian. I like this one. My favorite cue is probably "The Orgy," which sounds slightly mideival. I think I can really grow to love this score, just give it a bit more time.

Conana the Barbarian. I like this one. My favorite cue is probably "The Orgy," which sounds slightly mideival. I think I can really grow to love this score, just give it a bit more time.

I would certainly hope so, since many consider it to be one of the very best film scores ever written.

Listen to Theology/Civilization and The Search.

I would certainly hope so, since many consider it to be one of the very best film scores ever written.

I would say it's one of the best ever written, but I do enjoy it a lot.

Listen to Theology/Civilization and The Search.

Yes, those were also great tracks (especially the former).

How do you like Little Miss Sunshine? I think it's brilliant.

It's O.K. I remember liking it in the movie, and thought about buying it after getting a nice listen to the DVD menu music. But instead I ended up just downloading it.

"The Winner Is" is a great track. My favorite is "First Push" but I wish it was longer. Other than those two it's decent, but nothing I'll relisten frequently.

For that score, I really enjoy every single track except "La Lorna," and all the songs. Like the film, it's funny, unique, and sweet.