DVD Isolated Scores

Dean1700

Some of the various sites that list isolated scores on DVD's are less than accurate to say the least. Some have Toy Story 2 listed as having an isolated score but having watched it found no score, only a music featurette. I know DVD features differ from region to region but most are usually the same.

What DVD's have the members here taken scores from?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made the following CDs (transferred from DVD to MD)

THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK

RUDY

HOLLOW MAN

L.A. CONFIDENTIAL

PAPILLON

NORTH BY NORTHWEST

ALIEN

PATTON

LEGENDS OF THE FALL (badly done unfortunately)

Hitch

I've ripped Rudy, Stuart Little, A Bug's Life, and Superman: The Movie. A warning: just buy the 2-disc set. If you're not shelling out the cash for it at the moment, there's enough music there to make it worth it, but there's some cuts that they made (such as off the end of Trip to Earth--even though it was in the movie!!!) that take a little maneuvering via audio edit.

As I understand, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, and Mars Attacks! are also available as isolated scores, but don't take my word for it.

Contact, Region 2 has an isolated score which I've ripped. Region 1 has all the additional extras but no prizes for guessing what I'd rather have :spiny:

I've also got the I,Robot expanded, which I think comes from the DVD although I heard Beltrami's comments overlap in places and there's none on this. Unfortunately, it sounds like someone's just played the DVD and recorded it through their stereo output, instead of a proper rip :|

The Adventures of Robin Hood also has an iso.

Marian - who just remebered that.

:spiny: :| 8O

WHOA!!! I'm gonna have to get that DVD (not that I didn't want it already, but that's a heck of an extra incentive!)! Thanks!

Bad Boys has an iso music track too. But I didn't really like it.

I stopped recording that after a while when I heard nothing of interest past the main title music.

I turned it off too, though I wasn't recording it. I thoroughly enjoy the Main Title theme, but after that... meh.

The choices they make for isolated scores baffles me sometimes. From my POV, Bad Boys is just some MV synth crap. I'd far rather have something more interesting from Mancina like Twister.

Also, the fact that isolated scores are frequently not advertised is confusing - surely it's a good selling point to some? I bought Contact and Dante's Peak R1 (which has the CD release on an alternate track during the documentary although I would have paid more for an actual iso score) just because I knew they had isos on them (and I like the movies as well 8O )

Its a soundtrack from a DVD that contains the music. The dialogue and sound effects are in another soundtrack.

I ont know how to extract them. Anyway European (region 2) releases rarely come with these...

I went and bought The Matrix Region 1 DVD just for the Isolated Score LOL (I'm in Region 2)...

Also, Mars Attacks! has an Isolated Score, and i, Robot (but there's a lot of commentary from Marco Beltrami over the top)