The Best Musical Moment in a film scored by JW?

robthehand

Which is the best scene from any film scored by JW? Like the prequel thread a while ago, a moment from the film, NOT a CD track. For me, it would probably be one of the flying scenes from E.T., probably the second one - a better build-up, IMO. Or possibly the scene where Harry first rides Buckbeak.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment when Superman leaves Miss Teschmacher, after she rescues him, and he flys threw the ceiling, or during the barrel chase when the camera looks at Brody, and you see the reflection of the water as the orca chases the shark.

Star Wars III: Padme dies, Darth Vader rises in the sounds of the superb funeral choral music that was used in episode I for Qui-Gon's funeral.

:wave:

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL

Still makes me laugh.

When Luke hangs on those metal bars under cloud city. Such tension.

For me it's right after that during the Cloud City Rescue when the force theme plays as Leia knows she has to go back for Luke.

I haven't got any favorites but I remember being smittened by John and Steven in Empire of the Sun several times. The original Star Wars also has many a grandiose moments, like when Luke Skywalker hears Ben's voice in the cockpit; no other composer, dead or alive, could've done a better job.

----------------

Alex Cremers

the best has to be Augie's Municipal Band I loved it especially using the New London Voices instead of the adult choir (the name is on the tip of my toungue). It really fit the scene and relieved all the tension.

I also liked Padme's funeral, I wont say it was the BEST but i liked how Williams composed it higher than Qui-Gon's.

Oh dear, here it comes...

But actually, I'm a fan of the Augie cue too. I wouldn't put it among the best of anything, but it's fun and harmless. Oh yeah, and the Emperor's Theme hint is nice, whether or not it was intentional.

Ray Barnsbury

I love that Williams worked the Emperor's theme in there. I'm positive that was intentional. Really cool forshadowing thematically. I'm just not very fond of the music itself. I like the idea and such, but it's not my favorite cue to listen to.