Who listens to JW on his iPod???

Josh500

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course I listen to JW on it. I have all of my JW soundtracks loaded on my 30mb unit. I'd love to get some of the Hollywood Bowl shows to load up on it as well.

Craig

Isn't that like asking, "who here has an iPod?"

No, it's like asking "who here has an iPod???" :P

I have all my Williams music on my iPod (granted it's like 6 CDs, but my brother has a ton, so I have his music, too).

~Sturgis

Well I do. A serious chuck of that space is Williams.

I actually just tried to add all my Williams to a playlist to see just how many tracks are his, but it wouldn't let me add that many to a playlist. Mac-Daddy Neil, can you tell us the maximum number of tracks allowed for a playlist?

Ozzel - who never realized there was a limit until now.

My Williams original film score "Smart Playlist" is over 4 gigs. They're shouldn't be any limit on it.

And if you want to know how many John Williams tracks you have, you should just be able to type his name in the "Search" box and it will show you.

Neil

I put all my Williams on itunes.I load about 10 albums on my 1 GB ipod shuffle.When the battery runs out(it lasts around 1 GB worth of music,I just load other albums on it...and so on.

K.M.

My Williams original film score "Smart Playlist" is over 4 gigs.  They're shouldn't be any limit on it.

I meant adding it to the On-the-Go playlist (by holding the center button). If I try a short one (like, for example, Williams' neighbor to the north on my Composers list, John Powell), it works. But when I try Williams, it doesn't.

And if you want to know how many John Williams tracks you have, you should just be able to type his name in the "Search" box and it will show you.

I don't keep my iPod library on my computer (for space reasons); I update it manually. I don't have the means to hook it up at the moment. But anywho, I just thought of another way: just go to Williams and play "All" (duh!). And it's 1139 tracks. Plus, there are a few CDs I haven't put back on here yet that I've been meaning to work on (editing).

Out of 900+ plus songs about 450 are Williams. And on the back of my iPod is says word for word:

John Williams is da man

I seriously doubt Williams has written 450 songs.

Marian - :roll:

I just have an CD-mp3 player.

No need for an 10 times more expensive ipod...

I too possess one of these - well, it is really oneof Sony's ATRAC+ machines, but I think mp3's sound better on it.....I have 14 CD's of JW mp3's at 160 k/bs - work it out, that's a lot of music....and despite what others say I still think they sound better than an iPod.....

I would hate to sound like an iPod elitist, but in terms of commodity, that's the winning player. A CD player that reads mp3's is also quite useful, but battery-expensive and it's a bitch to carry whatever CD's you want. Or what's even worse, having to change a CD when you're in the bus, subway, or in the middle of the street.

However, I do find the title of this thread to be rather funny. What's the difference in listening to a track in an iPod instead of a CD, or a CD-R, or an mp3 CD-R, or a smaller mp3 player?

No, but I would if I had one. I wanna know if that Nano can fit in the little tiny pocket on my jeans where I put my ID.

The ad I heard for it on todays Howard Stern Show said it does fit in the small pocket in a pair of jeans.

Neil

I would hate to sound like an iPod elitist, but in terms of commodity, that's the winning player. A CD player that reads mp3's is also quite useful, but battery-expensive and it's a bitch to carry whatever CD's you want. Or what's even worse, having to change a CD when you're in the bus, subway, or in the middle of the street.

As for Battery Expensive, I use a Sony D-NE1 (with which I use Sennheiser PX100 headphones) which has rechargable batteries - they can be quite short-lived when listening to regular CD's, however with mp3 CD's you're looking at a good 3 - 4 months (with daily usage for an hour or two) before recharging (snce mp3 CD's do not sping cnstantly) - and it will fully recharge on it's dock overnight.....

As for carrying whatever CD's you want and changing them on a bus/train etc - well the whole point of having 10+ hours of music on one CD is that you don't HAVE to change the CD.....

If I were after an mp3 player, it would have to be a good-un to replace this.....

....it's not that I'm against mp3 players - I just haven't found one that suits my needs and tastes and is remotely affordable, wheras the D-NE1 is perfect.....for now.....

;)

I prefer to listen to filmmusic with the best sound possible (my stereo at home). I use my i-Pod mostly for pop-music and stuff like that.

Okay, I put a some tracks of Williams and North on it once, but haven't played those tracks on it yet...

However, I do find the title of this thread to be rather funny. What's the difference in listening to a track in an iPod instead of a CD, or a CD-R, or an mp3 CD-R, or a smaller mp3 player?

Convenience and easily accessed music..I've listened to my entire c.d. collection in the past few months,some albums I forgot I even had.

K.M.

I don't have an iPod. Don't really want one. I perfer my portable CD/Mp3 player....I also listen to some of the music on my computer too so I don't waste batteries from my portable CD player.

Convenience and easily accessed music..I've listened to my entire c.d. collection in the past few months,some albums I forgot I even had.

K.M.

Well, i dont have dust collectors...

I just made 10 CDs with the music i like more, and i dont pretend to carry all them to go to the university. Just 2 for that. In travels... well it can fit in any travelbag...

I could buy an ipod if they were cheap, for its great storage size, but i prefer having 10 700 MB cds at one time than having to erase-rip CD-transfer to mp3 512MB-1GB every time i want to hear new music.

Sure, blame the wife!

If you only knew what she does to keep your marriage alive. Watching Oprah all day so that you have something interesting to talk to you about. Dressing like that to keep you excited. Taking beauty naps to reverse the aging process. And spending all your money so you feel like a good provider. That is how she sacrifices for you, Greg. And that's what you have to thank her in return?

You disgust me.

Did you buy your PC in an antique store?

no.. but i sure could sell it to them! :mrgreen:

Luke, who can play KOTOR II and burn DVDs :)

Anyway... I hope we have to buy a new computer due to my brother's requirements in his Industrial Design degree.

i have all my scores on my 15GB iPod, along with favorites by Stefan and Neil. . .they are organized into playlist by class for school, as i use my iPod in the classroom with a wireless adapter.

Renovia