John Williams in New York

JWfangirl1992

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I will definetly be at the NY concert too, if i can convince my mom to spend the money on the tickets. And if your going on the same night as me I will stick out like a sore thumb...I will be the only thirteen year older there!

Welcome JWfangirl1992!

Thanks to Ray for filling us in on what "ty" meant. I would have never guessed this....

Anyway, is anyone planning on going to the NY concert? I hopefully will be attending since it is only a short distance from PA. It would be cool if a group of us could get together and go. I have been to a couple of JW concerts where people from the board where there, but I just never got a chance to connect with anyone at them.

Okay now you people dont even know that New York is NY? Wow...just kidding. I am dying for the concert I have in my homework planner, I am counting down the days to the concert [[[[checks pad]]]] great left pad in school but I believe its 215 days. Like I said if you go to the NEW YORK concert you will definitley see me, i will be the only thirteen year older there.

Like I said if you go to the NEW YORK concert you will definitley see me, i will be the only thirteen year older there.

If he conducts Harry Potter music, expect lots of kids.

Neil

Great, I was hoping i was the only one...but I dont think just because he conducts a few pieces from Harry Potter a lot of kids will go...I really dont think parents are going to pay the money so their kids can hear two songs.

The parents should, but they wont. I went to the Britney Spears concert last year and there were SEVEN YEAR OLDS THERE! And I dont think that kind of concert is appropriate for them but parents still take them to see that kind of concert.

Welcome to the board JWfangirl! I have been a JW fan since long before PCs and internet in everyone's home, but I was a young-un when I forst got into the great man. 10, in fact. It's gratifying to see that there are Williams fans out there who are younger, and female! Most of the members here are doddery old men.

James (a doddery old man...)

Haha...like i said before I am very unique. I don't even think anyone in my eighth grade class knows who John Williams is! THAT IS LIKE A SIN!

Ah, but I bet every one of them is familiar with his music even if they don't know his name. By his works let him be known. Yea.

And verily.

• 2 months later...

I need to get on this... I will probably go on Monday. I don't think they could have picked two worse days of the week to schedule this.

Hi everyone. I'm Tara and I just joined today.

I'm buying my tickets tomorrow. I really can't wait. But I had a question. Why is the Wednesday performance selling out more so than the Monday performance? I don't know if anyone would have the answer to that question but I was just wondering. Thanks.

Hey. Thanks.

I'm going Monday night, but I was wondering if there was something different going on Wednesday night. Either way I'm buying my tickets tomorrow.

Three issues to address:

1. There will be kids, assuming no enormous differences between Chicago and New York.

2. The program has not been officially announced, but I'd assume they'll post it here.

3. It's spelled "licence".

Oh, I didn't know this wasn't until April of next year. I guess I might have to go :P

I'm hesitant about buying tickets until I know the program for both shows. I can't stay in New York for three days (there's a gap in between shows :?) so I have to know which program is better. There is a chance that both shows will boast the same exact concert pieces, but I'm definitely holding off until I know more.

Of course the concerts might be sold out by then 8O

Tim

Oh, I didn't know this wasn't until April of next year.  I guess I might have to go :|

I'm hesitant about buying tickets until I know the program for both shows.  I can't stay in New York for three days (there's a gap in between shows :?) so I have to know which program is better.  There is a chance that both shows will boast the same exact concert pieces, but I'm definitely holding off until I know more.

Of course the concerts might be sold out by then  :|  

Tim

I have a feeling that the programs for these two dates are going to be virtually the same. I think I'll end up going on Monday.

• 1 month later...

I just got my tickets for Monday's concert, despite the fact that the program has not been updated yet. Regardless, I figured I probably won't get that many chances to see him conduct because of his schedule, so I weighed my options and decided to suck it up and get tickets anyway. He came to Philly a few years ago, and I was fortunate enough to see him then, but it was an semi-outdoor venue, so the sound wasn't as stellar as it could have been. This is going to be awesome.

To New York!

Tim

I contacted the customer service dept. of the NY Philharmonic regarding the program, and received this statement back:

"Good Morning,

Thank you for your correspondence. Maestro Williams has not provided us

with program selections. The Artistic Administration Dept. has

confirmed

that the program details are near completion but there is no definite

release at the moment. We do apologize being that you have purchase

tickets and would like to know what to expect. We will pass this along

to Maestro Williams Management Company. Please feel free to contact our

Customer Relations Dept. @ 212-875-5656 and speak to any representative

Monday thru Friday 10am to 5pm."

In case anyone was wondering.

Tim