Where Can I Find The Raiders/Temple of Doom CDs?

robthehand

OK, time for a confession: I own neither the Raiders or Temple of Doom CDs. Does anyone know any UK sites where either CD is available for a reasonable price? I checked Amazon, and the cheapest there is used, £50. It's not much cheaper on Amazon US.

As for The Temple of Doom, I wouldn't be surprised if I never find this - I understand it's quite rare now. :cry:

The only Indy CD in any of the shops I've looked around is that re-recording compliation.

Any help?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you the truth, I dont have any of the indiana jones soundtrack albums, and i am living in Australia. I want to get them but the music stores in Australia doesnt have any indiana jones soundtack albums except for some albums which has concerts versions of it.

That's hardly a confession - I don't either, just Last Crusade :| And the re-recording couldn't be easier to find - I saw it in my local, fairly crappy store for only a few £'s

I think you're unlikely to find either at a reasonable price these days, although I've found Raiders on Ebay.com going currently for $15, but it hasn't met the reserve yet.

On the very top of my want-list is the Temple of Doom OS, closely followed by the 1995 reissue edition of Raiders. I only have the original Raiders OS and the Last Crusade. Obviously these are some of my favorites. :|

Since the music is obviously available, it would be nice to see complete releases of Raiders and The Last Crusade. What's the position with the ToD tapes? Are they still lost?

I picked up the extended Raiders from the Amazon.co.uk "Marketplace" for £7.50, and ToD with English booklet from e-Bay.co.uk for £15.25 - both about a year ago I think.....keep hunting, they are out there somewhere....

I was lucky enough to grab both of these scores before they became too obscure. I picked up Raiders at a local Barnes and Noble about 3 years ago and got Temple of Doom on Amazon for about $35 at the same time.

I picked up the extended Raiders from the Amazon.co.uk "Marketplace" for £7.50, and ToD with English booklet from e-Bay.co.uk for £15.25 - both about a year ago I think.....keep hunting, they are out there somewhere....

I have not heard from any credible source that the tapes were lost.

I have not heard from any credible source that the tapes were lost.

When I said "Keep hunting, they are out there somewhere", I was referring to the availability of the CD's, not the allegedly lost original tapes....

....but thanx for info anyway!

Greg :-)

:wave:

I was lucky enough to stumble across the expanded version of Raiders of the Lost Ark back in the mid '90s when it was released-- and thank God I did! Wonderful, completely blowing my old casette version out of the water.

In regards to ToD, It's extremely hard to find in a legitimate form (i.e. factory pressed). I also only had the casette, and then acquired a nice cd-r version from a friend about a year ago. No extra tracks, sadly, but it's still better than a casette!

I know that every now and then a Japanese Import version pops up for sale on Amazon or Ebay, but it's always at least $30, and I've heard some negative comments about the tinny sound.

Got em' both, bought raiders in 95 for $16 one of my 1st soundtrack purchases on cd, then in 2001 I hit the jackpot and found the japanese import in a wherehouse music in Los Angeles for $20, perfect condition, I think the sound is great, also you can find Raiders pretty easliy on vinyl record I think I saw TOD once somewhere on record too., in fact that has been a little hobby of mine collecting as many JW soundtracks on record most recently I picked up Witches of Eastwick for $4.oo mint condition. also found the towering inferno, which sold out instantly on FSM, still looking for bloody sunday, I even found the reivers and cinderella liberty, the song "nice to be around" is pretty good for old school williams, complete with toots thielman on harmonica.

Tell you the truth, I dont have any of the indiana jones soundtrack albums, and i am living in Australia. I want to get them but the music stores in Australia doesnt have any indiana jones soundtack albums except for some albums which has concerts versions of it.

I brought Raiders and Last Crusade a few years back, you might have luck not sure if they are still aviable here.

I was lucky enough to get the Decca expanded Raiders from a shop in Penrith (Sydney, Aust) back in 97-98. The shop closed a long time ago but they had some bloody great and rare scores there. I also got Red Dawn, CEOTTK and the deluxe 2 disc Gettysburg set there as well.

Hopefully with Raiders being 25 next year HE will re-release the scores again.

woo hoo. 300 posts.