The Fellowship of the Ring COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

ST-321

Because In Dreams has a far greater impact coming immediately after The Breaking Of The Fellowship, as it does on the album. That's also the way it was recorded, there are a couple of obvious edits in the end credits between the end of the film and May It Be, and then again between May It Be and In Dreams. Enya only came first to sell more CDs.

ttbk, who on top of all that, isn't a big fan of May It Be anyway....

Breaking of the Fellowship (alternate, beautiful variation - IMO should be released)  

it IS released, on the DVD.

BTW it's not as good as the real version of Breaking Of The Fellowship.

How do you know it will be released on the DVD? There has been no news about the contents yet.

Well the alternate Breaking of the Fellowship is a good one but perhaps not as good as the final version but still good.

:oops: I got carried away there. It is released on the EE DVD but you know what I meant. I do not like go to all that trouble and put on the EE DVD to listen to the cue from the end of the Fan Credits but as you said it is released.

Ah, some people need to modernize. I always chuckle when I see someone wailing about, say, the poor chronological order of an album. Just rip it and rearrange it! Working with sound at this level isn't hard.

Ah, some people need to modernize. I always chuckle when I see someone wailing about, say, the poor chronological order of an album. Just rip it and rearrange it! Working with sound at this level isn't hard.

Actually is more of a bothering thing really. I do not bother to find a good software to rip the DVD or edit things. I may be lazy and youmay think I therefor do not have excuse to complain but yet I still do. You people are far too modern for my medieval tastes. :mrgreen:

it's not as good as the real version of Breaking Of The Fellowship.

There's a virtual version as well?

Marian - :)

Double *Sigh*

Probably because the OST cue already has that title and this is a different version.

*Sigh* :)

Why the:

*Previously Unreleased

**Contains Previously Unreleased Material/Music/Selections

are for then in complete/extended versions of scores?

Probably because the OST cue already has that title and this is a different version.

*Sigh* :P

Why the:

*Previously Unreleased

**Contains Previously Unreleased Material/Music/Selections

are for then in complete/extended versions of scores?

You make a good point and I wonder why does Shore want to use those different track titles in the first place. If something is not broken do not fix it. This whole cue name problem is still a small complaint if the music is all there. I know I have said that many times and still continue to talk about them but I'm just killing time waiting for the Box ;)

Well Doug Adams said something in those lines (If I remember correctly). I think Shore did not need a think tank to come up with those names :P But it is not absolutely sure Shore came up with those names (as if anything regarding that box set is certain).

Yep. That was what Doug said but we can still argue about the track names can't we :P

But seriously that statement by Doug is a reason enough for me to stop whining. It is a good reason for the track title change.

It has been confirmed. The official release date is 13th of December (And that made me so angry. There is more than a month and a half to wait. :devil: )

FOTR Complete recording Cover Art:

Cover art

And I think it looks great. Just what I was hoping for. Not too showy and in the style of the EE DVD boxes.

Amazon UK still only list the import, but HMV UK now lists the set, albeit with the old 28th of November release date. It’s £32.99 with free delivery (within the UK). Best sign yet at least that it will indeed hit Europe around the same time - I expect them to amend the November date unless, amusingly, Europe and the rest of the World is still getting it on the day originally announced [though I'd be surprised].

Amazon (US) is now showing cover art by the way. It may or may not be final:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000...SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yup I reported the cover art in the Official LOTR discussion Thread but now that it is on the main Board I must say the same as in the other thread. I like it very much. The design is very much like in the EE DVD boxes. No needless pictures just plain and book looking covers. Very simple yet dignified covers worthy of the release.

I wish it was released 28th of November in Europe (the TTT soundtrack was released a little earlier in Europe than elsewhere I think) but maybe that is just old information. (And BTW the first release date was 22nd of November not 28th so that could be an indication it might be released here earlier or then it might be not. We can only hope).

And BTW the first release date was 22nd of November not 28th so that could be an indication it might be released here earlier or then it might be not. We can only hope

Mmm, yes. Good catch on the date. Might be worth trying to find a contact for Warner Europe to see what they say. Play.com, listing it for £37.99, also show a date of the 28th.

Warner Finland's site has absolutely no news about the release (or any soundtrack for that matter). Perhaps some other Warner site would have the information about the European release date.

Doug Adams said that it is a world wide release so I imagine the 13th of December id the official release date:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/post...30411&forumID=1

I hope it sells good. It may open the way for possible future Williams Complete Recordings. Prequels?

And by the way: I LOVE the artwork! Also "Complete Recordings" sounds classier than "Complete Score" or something like that.

I think for Europe it would realistically end up coming out on the 12th or, God forbid, the 19th of December since - at least over here - CDs tend to come out on a Monday which is why I will assume the 28th was the original European date, a Monday, six days after original US 22nd date and that the few UK dealers now listing it simply have not had an update from Warner yet. That said, HMV UKs listing was only added this week.

I hope it sells good. It may open the way for possible future Williams Complete Recordings. Prequels?  

And by the way: I LOVE the artwork! Also "Complete Recordings" sounds classier than "Complete Score" or something like that.

The art work is great! Just as I hoped it would be. And let's indeed hope this sparks Lucas to release Williams' complete SW Prequel scores.

The only **very** minor gripe i might have with the artwork is the colour. If its meant to look like it could go along side the EE DVDs, surely red should be 'The Two Towers' and Fellowship should be green. Just seems to be the colour codeing they chose :-).

Dont think I'll pre-order it. I like going into a shop and picking something up off the shelf. HMV Manchester can expect a visit from me on 28th ;-)

The only **very** minor gripe i might have with the artwork is the colour. If its meant to look like it could go along side the EE DVDs, surely red should be 'The Two Towers' and Fellowship should be green. Just seems to be the colour codeing they chose :-).

Dont think I'll pre-order it. I like going into a shop and picking something up off the shelf. HMV Manchester can expect a visit from me on 28th ;-)

Well perhaps they are not exactly color coded to fit alongside the EE DVDs but that is not a problem. I am just happy they did not make any hokey looking covers with stills from the movie. HMV? What store is that?

And no I am not going to pre-order it from the net either. I will wait for it to hit the stores.

If I can hold on a couple of months it should be dead cheap(ish) :P after Christmas.

Can you really wait that long? My patience is running out as we speak :music: The price is not a problem. Some misers here want to get it as cheap as possible but I want to have it as fast as possible.

Well as I said it was only a very minor thing that occured to me and doesnt really bother me at all.

HMV is possibly the UK's biggest CD/DVD store. Usually got some good special offers on aswell. People in Europe, I dont know if they actually do international deliveries but it might be cheaper than importing from the US at least until your own sites start putting it up for sale.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...8;-1&sku=440583

Can you really wait that long? My patience is running out as we speak  The price is not a problem. Some misers here want to get it as cheap as possible but I want to have it as fast as possible.

We all don't earn as much money as you. :music:

I'm not sure what I will do as yet. I've been contemplating flying up to the Scottish highlands to spend Christmas, so if I travel up before the UK release of the set I will have to have it pre-ordered and delivered to me up there - in which case I will get it from Amazon once they start listing the actual UK version and not the import.

I forget what HMVs shipping options are these days, but they've been good in the past shipping pre-ordered titles on a Friday or Saturday so I get them on the Monday of release. Their new free shipping option may not be so efficient which is why I’d certainly look to paying for good shipping (especially if I am going to be away in Scotland).

Indeed. Attack of the Clones (with bonus track) for 1.99, but Pirates of the Caribbean for 15.99! :music:

Lol, well no accounting for the taste of who ever decides what goes on offer! I usually like the exclusive cases/slip cases that they do. Doubt this LOTR set will have one though.

Otherwise I could order from HMV but the delivery time is still 5-7 days to Finland and my package might end up in customs where there is an extra fee for packages of certain weight. Approximately 15 Euros for 3 or more CD's and packages of that size (if I remember correctly). So I am waiting for the Box to land here in Finland.

Can you really wait that long? My patience is running out as we speak  The price is not a problem. Some misers here want to get it as cheap as possible but I want to have it as fast as possible.

We all don't earn as much money as you. :music:

Hey I am a poor student living on student loan and student subsidies. I just keep saving and spend it all on soundtracks :P I'll just tighten my belt and not eat for a week. It's all worth it. (I am just kidding. I easily can buy few soundtracks a year and I do not have starve to get them). But I do not earn money per se so Roald that was not a very good jibe there my friend ;)

There are two things that I am willing to spend money without hesitation and no matter the cost and they are LOTR and John Williams soundtracks. No rain nor wind nor dead of night can keep me away from them. They are worth it!

"Complete Recordings" sounds classier than "Complete Score" or something like that.

Well, but in this case it is false advertising.

We are not getting the complete recordings. We will not get the alternate music....

That's what I've been thinking for a while too. Wouldn't "complete recordings" imply all music recorded? That would mean a heck of a lot more than 3 CDs, methinks, if you're counting alternate takes too.

Concerning the colour: I suppose they wanted to go with the colour of the Limited Edition soundtracks. FOTR has a red "leather" envelope, TTT comes in dark blue and ROTK in subdued green.

Considering the format of that artwork, maybe they designed it like a real book, and the four discs are somehow embedded into it, perhaps like pages made of plastic that you can "turn over".

EDIT: Believe it or not, but there isn't much alternate stuff that was actually recorded because SHore had the complete score already finished and written out when he started recording. Of course, as Doug Adams says, there will be an little line that was cut from the movie here and an additional instrument section there, but the "complete recordings" of FOTR is the EE.

TTT and especially ROTK will feature alot more alternate stuff, simply because of the way the film was scored.

I think there were about 3000 takes in total recorded (complete or partial) for the whole trilogy. That I bet would take few CDs to accomodate. The name Complete Recordings is little wrong but who cares. The alternates(atleast major ones) are on the original CD. It may be false advertising and I am sure someone will be very depressed when he /she notices not every take and little bit is not on the CDs (who would even like to hear 15 seconds of Hobbiton cue and 4 second timpani tremolo from some other cue etc. takes from recording sessions.) LOL

There will be a storm of complaints I am sure. :music: This set is not another Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition. Give them credit for releasing this box. I know how fulfilling it is to nit pick but none of us will be utterly crushed by the absense of all the takes for all the cues.

I know it is false advertising but what can we do about it.

Well even if it is, it's not as bad or blatant as that label on the Gladiator 2CD set, which would be more appropriate for this actually.

Ok, so we're not going to get any alternates, but many of them are probably on the OST's anyway, and I'm sure I read a while back from Doug Adams that if something was written for the movie, but not actually used, we'd still get it.

I really hope HMV and Play.com has got the right release date because I can't wait for this one :music:

Please, let me clear up a few things: there are just two scenes that have a new, truly alternate score: the prologue and the Farewell To Lorien sequence.

There WILL be unused music within the tracks; whenever a scene was shortened or entirely cut, the score for this scene will move to its proper place in the cue.

The two alternate takes may not be included here, but with this Box, in addition to the first Soundtrack, you WILL have the complete recordings!

Please, let me clear up a few things: there are just two scenes that have a new, truly alternate score: the prologue and the Farewell To Lorien sequence.

There WILL be unused music within the tracks; whenever a scene was shortened or entirely cut, the score for this scene will move to its proper place in the cue.

The two alternate takes may not be included here, but with this Box, in addition to the first Soundtrack, you WILL have the complete recordings!

That's about it. We will have all the music so why complain.

I'm not familiar enough with that part of the FotR EE (haven't watched it for ages) to know exactly what's different about the Lorien sequence, but I'm assuming that the alternate prologue is just The Prophecy from the OST? In any case I always assumed that it was some kind of concert track, and that most of the prologue was simply unreleased.

But basically yeah, we're getting everything one way or another so let's all just wait patiently :music:

Dont the EE DVD fan credits feature several alternates?