The Fellowship of the Ring COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

ST-321

Mmm, it's really because the online markets are so competitive, far more so than actual stores. I often find Virgin in store prices are more fair in relation to the online prices than HMVs are. It often depends what it is you're buying of course, and scores are a funny thing as sometimes they charge full retail because it's a somewhat niche genre, and othertimes they may discount somewhat for the exact same reason. I'll be dropping in on a few places to check in store prices and grab whichever is cheapest (I have some virgin vouchers somewhere too).

Hardest thing will be to try and stop myself sitting with a coffee and loading it all up to my ipod via my ibook as I'd much rather hear the CDs for the first time over my home cinema system. :thumbup:

Do you really trust they will have the Box in stores on Monday? I wouldn't. I am surely not waiting the Wednesday (the Scandinavian release date) with any great hope and anticipation. I know they fail me once again as they have done so many times in the past. You can't trust a record store to have their soundtracks on time (well perhaps LOTR but still I am doubtful). This applies in Finland. And that is the only reason I would like to live some place else :)

Before I head out I'll check some online retailers to see if they show it as being in stock, that way I at least have a sign that Reprise meant what they said this time. :) As for the chances of any record store not having it, the chances of that -so long as it genuinely comes out on Monday- are slim to nil as far as Oxford Street is concerned - especially with the larger HMV branch as they have a very good scores section that I have always been fond of and found reliable for domestic releases and imports.

I did a little experiment for you by the way, Incanus. I re-ordered the set at Amazon UK briefly this morning just to see what the delivery estimate is, and it says the 12th-13th of December. That’s with first class shipping. So I’d say you should not be concerned about there being no stock for you. Again I think because you’re overseas their delivery estimate is merely playing it safe. I actually left my order open again – I didn’t realise Amazon had changed their price a third time. So, if it ships Saturday I won’t go into London.

richuk, my new Amazon date showing the 12-13th could be good sign that it would ship so people have it Monday, since you were right that November Orders for the set shows the 29th-30th estimate, not the 28th-29th. Of course, if you use Amazon's free shipping option then it will ship a couple of days later.

Some of you probably saw this posted at FSM.

http://www.axelmusic.com/resources/covers/...3624945420o.jpg

Disc 4 (DVDA):

Dolby Digital Surround Sound, Dolby Digital Stereo

Advanced Resolution Surround Sound (48khz, 24bit), Advanced Resolution Stereo (48khz, 24bit)

Excellent.

Marian - who will watch FOTR and TTT tonight.

:music: Symphony #1 "The Lord of the Rings" (De Meij)

Why not ROTK? I have to admit that would probably take too long ;)

By the way, my Amazon order also notes the Dispatch Estimate to be the 10th of December (ie tomorrow) so providing they have received their stock form Warner then it’s looking good for Monday delivery.

By the way, my Amazon order also notes the Dispatch Estimate to be the 10th of December (ie tomorrow) so providing they have received their stock form Warner then it’s looking good for Monday delivery.

Hooray!!

My delivery estimate is still 5th-20th of January though. They sure have strange way of calculating those delivery estimates at Amazon.uk. How careful they have to be when calculating over seas order delivery. My delivery estimate is almost half a month after the actual release date. But that date you have sure is promising.

Has anyone from Europe ordered their Box from Amazon.uk recently (in the last 5 or 6 days)? It would be nice to know what do your order info say about the delivery estimate.

Well I ordered mine back in Nov, so I'll let you know if there's any signs of it dispatching tomorrow, despite the rubbish that my order still says.

Oh, and I'm not going to cancel and re-place it because I ordered back when the price was still £32.99 (even the product title has changed since then). I know it's only a few £'s but given you guys have promising dates, I'll trust them :music:

This'll be one heck of a long 2 days.

My delivery estimate is still 5th-20th of January though. They sure have strange way of calculating those delivery estimates at Amazon.uk. How careful they have to be when calculating over seas order delivery. My delivery estimate is almost half a month after the actual release date. But that date you have sure is promising.

Try not to worry about it (it's hard I know given it is so close now). I am confident the delivery estimate they have given you is simply their way of covering their own arse since it is an overseas order. Amazon US do the same trick with me but I almost always get something from them within ten days - even when selecting their longest/cheapest shipping option. Since everything regarding your order is happening within the EU I'd be surprised if you didn't have it by next weekend, provided it ships tomorrow or Monday for you and your post service over there is good.

Given what Jim just posted about ordering two days ago, and I re-ordered this morning and we both got the same date information I think it writes off any possibility of their being no stock for your order. If yours has not shipped by Monday and ours have then they'll deserve a harsh telling off because there's no excuse for them not to ship yours at the same time.

Oh, and I'm not going to cancel and re-place it because I ordered back when the price was still £32.99 (even the product title has changed since then)

Good stuff. My original order was before they even dropped it to £32.99 and mine was £37.99 before I cancelled it. They'd have charged me whatever the price is as of Monday as Amazon check prices before they process each order to ensure no one is over charged (at least this is what they claim). In your case they should honour the lower price you got it for.

Good stuff. My original order was before they even dropped it to £32.99 and mine was £37.99 before I cancelled it. They'd have charged me whatever the price is as of Monday as Amazon check prices before they process each order to ensure no one is over charged (at least this is what they claim). In your case they should honour the lower price you got it for.

This may be what you're saying, but Amazon charge the lowest price between the time you order it and the dispatch date. If it's £37.99 when you order it, and it goes down to £32.99, you get for £32.99. If it THEN goes up to £39.99, you get it at the cheapest of the prices it's been - £32.99.

I am happy some of us might be getting the Box on time and in December ROTFLMAO

This may be what you're saying, but Amazon charge the lowest price between the time you order it and the dispatch date. If it's £37.99 when you order it, and it goes down to £32.99, you get for £32.99. If it THEN goes up to £39.99, you get it at the cheapest of the prices it's been - £32.99.

Partly what I was saying yes (in as much as richuk would certainly get his for £32.99). I didn’t realise my initial order would also have been £32.99 then. No bother mind you, only a couple of pounds... Now ship the bugger so I don’t have to face the masses of tourists and Christmas shoppers in London on Monday! ROTFLMAO Play.com shipped King Kong, so all going well I will declare the 12th "lots of music to listen to" day. :P

I'm pleased disc 4 has an advanced resolution stereo track on it, even if it is only 48hz. I'm not a big fan of multi-channel music (I tend to find using Trifield with stereo sources on my Meridian processor is far more natural vs 5.1). If it had only been lossy Dolby Digital on the disc I'd have stuck to the PCM on the CDs.

Now ship the bugger

Are you reading this, Reprise??

Play.com shipped King Kong, so all going well I will declare the 12th "lots of music to listen to" day. :)

I already declared Nov 29th my 'lots of music to listen to day' and those b******s let me down ROTFLMAO

Roll on the 12th :P

One person on the FSM MB said I should try to order the Box again and it might work. He had experienced this problem with that erroneous dispacth date before. I ordered the Box again and the second order shows the 12th as the dispacth date!!! I then just cancelled the first order with the wrong release date.

I am exstatic! Life is good! It will be here on Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

ROTK Complete recordings will probably be released at the last quarter of the year 2006. Why should you wait for a year and a half for it Luke?

It'is currently packing at Amazon.

aaaaaaaaaannnnd relax. :)

Same here! I relaxed after I got my order in order last night. :)

ROTK Complete recordings will probably be released at the last quarter of the year 2006. Why should you wait for a year and a half for it Luke?

oops

It was a year and a half when FOTR was announced.

Clock updated :)

Still 365 days to go... :)

It'll be either cheap or out of print by then. :)

oops

It was a year and a half when FOTR was announced.

Clock updated :)

Still 365 days to go... :)

You mean not to buy the other two complete scores then?

Yes.

I only like parts of FOTR and i think all are on the OST. I dont like TTT at all and my favourite is ROTK. And since it has almost (if not all) all the themes in it, its great if you only have one. Like Return of the Jedi :)

I may buy the others if i found them at a bargain price. and TTT just for completism then :)

I'm looking forward to talking about it. I'm not sure when on Monday I will have time for a full listen mind you, probably in the evening. I'd rather do it when I can listen to it in one go whilst getting on with some work, and preferably I'd like to run the advanced resolution stereo track on the DVD.

Incidentally, mine has now shipped. All remaining faith now lies with Royal Mail.