Just an idea . . .

Josh500

How many of you guys have seen JW live, in the flesh, conducting??? Well, I have't -- yet -- and I was thinking maybe some of us who live here in Europe could get together and go to one of his conerts next year (in London or Boston or Hollywood or wherever). As long as there's time, that is -- after all, JW isn't getting any younger (although sometimes it seems that way). Just an idea. What do you think???

:|

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It he comes to London, I'm there. The only problem is, I've been saying that for years, and he's been avoiding Europe ever since.

Marian - who saw Goldsmith in London three times (and once not :eek: ).

:| Dangerous Beauty (George Fenton)

Well, look at it this way -- John Williams is a legend already, and you GOTTA see him live. Even if it is a bit steep. It'll be an experience you will remember your whole life . . . .

I was in the States once, these 5 weeks trips to learn English and that stuff. My parents payed for it :)

But if I see John Willimas in the States is as part of a bigger trip, a trip that makes it worth the plane tickets.

Passports aren't that expensive, are they?

Neil - whou bought his passport 5 years ago

Not particularly (though they are overpriced in my opinion). It's just one of many things that would make this to a more costly undertaking than I would like it to be.

I would definately want to go... But of course we all will have to MEET him, not just see hin in the concert. This is one-time thing in life...

But in europe, not the states. But how much does the admission cost in these concerts?

Here there are cheap London trips with ryanair, about 6-10 euros, but it has to be in middle week, and it lands in the farthest London airport.

I think it would be in the States. I don't know his conert schedule, but it would be a coincidence if he happened to do a concert in London next year . . .

Well, I don't know if he'd be willing to meet us, but for me, just watching him live, conduct, preferably some of his film music concert pieces would be enough. Oh yeah, an autograph and/or picture with him would be nice, though . . .

I've seen him here in the States, and it was one of those experiences that are impossible to forget. All I'm going to say is this: when the Star Wars theme was played, I was amused to see "nerds" in the audience whip out lightsabers..... and then I realized that my legs were shaking with emotion! It's worth it.

I would definately want to go... But of course we all will have to MEET him, not just see hin in the concert. This is one-time thing in life...

But in europe, not the states. But how much does the admission cost in these concerts?

Here there are cheap London trips with ryanair, about 6-10 euros, but it has to be in middle week, and it lands in the farthest London airport.

Varies cost-wise - anywhere from about 10 Euros to a couple of hundred for the real posh seats/boxes.....

......but as far as the "farthest" airport goes, that is a non-problem since public transport in that area is excellent....and pretty cheap if you go at the right time......alternatively I'll give you a lift..... :P

All I'm going to say is this: when the Star Wars theme was played, I was amused to see "nerds" in the audience whip out lightsabers.

Bunch of tossers. I'd whip out an Indy bullwhip and whip them all out of the auditorium. Bloody losers. Then i'd don my fedora and continue listening. How dare they interrupt my listening pleasure with childish props :P

Melange - Doesn't actually own a Fedora or Bullwhip

Btw. Johnny is scared to leave the U.S unless absolutely nescessary.

He looks down upon the rest of the Non-American world, with utter revulsion.

Melange - Trying to provoke Williams to come to London.

No, whether it's in London or the States, those of us who have never seen him live (and have the money) should definitely go . . . like I said before, it's an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This is something to tell your grandchildren about (I don't mean to sound too gushing, but it's true). Doesn't JW always give a concert in the spring? Does anyone have info on concerts dates???

:mrgreen:

....it's an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This is something to tell your grandchildren about (I don't mean to sound too gushing, but it's true).

I doubt i'd take the chance of going all the way to the U.S to tell my Grandchildren that it was cancelled at the last minute and re-scheduled for 6 months time. I saw Jerry in London in 2003, and in 2004 his concert was cancelled. Luckily, even with a few days notice i was able to get my money back on most things. But flying all the way to the U.S "just" for a concert is a bit extreme and one big financial gamble to take. I dont know about Johnny concerts, but concerts of other types of music are frequently cancelled or re-scheduled. If i'm in the States anytime then i'd make a long trip across country to see him. But i dont think i'd shell out the money to fly from Britain.

The 2004 concert wasn't cancelled.  

Goldsmith wasn't there, but Brosse conducted an excellent concert.

Marian - glad to not have missed it.

Sorry, yes i wrote it incorrectly. Not cancelled, but a different conductor.