Vote for Johnny!

Lurker

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Added my vote. I'm surprised this poll is as close as it is. Elfman's contribution to film music is significant (especially his influence on so many composers since!), but hardly as great and enduring as that of Williams. We'll see... Mind you, IMDB users voted Gilliam's Brother's Grimm 5.9 out of 10 so anything might happen! Grimm is far from being Gilliam's finest two hours, but it still ranks head and shoulders over most of the crap out at the moment.

IMDb users are among the most stubborn and mis-informed. I had a fight with some people there who thought John Williams recorded all of his scores with the London Symphony Orchestra. Man, they got upset when I told them otherwise. There's an occasional decent poster here and there, but the rest are mostly bomb-throwers.

I don't trust any information I see over there and get most of my enjoyment from reading the Uwe Boll messageboard. So many bashers, so little time to read all the posts.

I voted for Johnny, though I didn't entirely understand the "These are different people" option, and was even more concerned that 626 people who are on a movie information site selected this option. And these folks claim to be buffs.

Tim

I voted "I like them both equally" today. Since I don't really like either of them, I consider it a fair statement.

Ozzel - who couldn't help but think of Wayne's dream with Madonna. "No way!" "Way!"