Jabba the Hutt-Theme in TPM

Josh500

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the original CD as well.

I don't remember the exact time but I think it's around the 2-3 minute mark of Anakin Defeats Sebulba.

On the TPM:UE its at the end of track 32, Sebulba's Dirty Hand/Qui-Gon's Pep Talk.

It's hidden in that big fanfare. In the original cd, you hear the fanfare twice on the track Anakin defeats Sebulba. Jabba's theme is muffled in the middle of the fanfare.

Which instrument(s) play the Jabba-Theme? And which part of the theme??? I think it`s pretty hard to find. . . or perhaps I should listen to the Jabba-Theme again, in its entirety.

:sigh:

KM had extra special assistance.

Neil

It's like looking at one of those "magic eye" 3D pictures,it just suddenly poped out.

K.M.Who probably would still be searching for it without Neil's clip.

And then on to the Superman March in The Matrix.

What? ROTFLMAO

When Trinity jumps through the Window in the prologue, there's a rhythm in Davis' score that sounds pretty much like the Superman rhythm. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not... the connection certainly fits the sequence.

Marian - who has to credit Thor for noticing this.

Here's a challenge for the uninitiated. :thumbup: The Throne Room theme (not to be confused with the martial version of the Force theme) from the original Star Wars pops up twice in the ROTJ score. Identify both times.

Here's a challenge for the uninitiated. :thumbup: The Throne Room theme (not to be confused with the martial version of the Force theme) from the original Star Wars pops up twice in the ROTJ score. Identify both times.

Isn't it mentioned in the booklet? I think I have read it there. (In the RCA version, of course)

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the throne room theme appears:

1. During the Hyperspace cue as the rebel fleet prepares to jump.

2. At the end of the end credits fanfare.

You are correct, sir.

You are now part of the tribe.

Neil

The Rebel Fleet/End Title, 6:02. This is where the first four notes of the Imperial March are played as crashing afterbeats. I'm sure it was intentional, and I love it!

Ray Barnsbury

The Rebel Fleet/End Title, 6:02.  This is where the first four notes of the Imperial March are played as crashing afterbeats.  I'm sure it was intentional, and I love it!

Ray Barnsbury

Sorry but I just can't hear it

Yeah, and listen to 5:52 for the Throne Room motif while you're at it.

Cerrabore - disappointed in the lack of response :)

I believe you're referring to the fanfare that precedes the Throne Room theme in SW, but I just don't hear any connection. No melodic similarities (descending instead of ascending), completely different rhythms (triplets instead of duplets) ... they're both brass fanfares, that's it. Star Wars is full of them. The most that can be said is that both fanfares begin with one note then progressively add more, but that's such a well-worn musical convention, it's not enough to draw a parallel, in my opinion.

I DO think that the tail end of the ESB credits IS meant to evoke the Imperial March. Both melodically and rhythmically, it's the first four notes ... not so easy to dismiss as "a chord progression" unrelated to the march. If it were more flagrant, with the fifth note of the theme added, it would be overkill, making it less elegant and more corny.