Is Elfman doing Spider Man 3?

Incanus

I just read in IMDB that Elfman is the composer for Spiderman 3. I thought he was not going to do the third installment of the Spidey saga. Have I misunderstood or was that the case?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Titles from Spider-Man are IMO incredible, costume montage and end credits aren't bad. I don't know anything about Spider-Man 2.

~Sturgis, who just got Corpse Bride and loves it - beautiful main theme, and great songs -- Elfman has impressed me this year

Main Titles from Spider-Man are IMO incredible, costume montage and end credits aren't bad.  I don't know anything about Spider-Man 2.

~Sturgis

I agree with you there. I really didn't like the first film, so I never really paid much attention to the music from it. I went back and listened to it, but I really didn't get into it. I feel that the revamped Main Titles on Spiderman 2 are kick ass. I gotta say, Elfman can manipulate a choir well. You should check it out.

I liked the score to the first movie. First, there's the main Spider-man theme, and its motific variations, heroic and powerful. There's the Peter Parker theme, a noble trumpet motif used when Peter is affected by his own choices. There's the Love theme (IMO the weakest of all of the themes, but still good), and finally, my favorite, the Green Goblin theme, a slitherig demonic motif that matches the character perfectly and has to be the creepiest and most threatening supervillain theme ever composed. (Except maybe Ock's themes in the second one .... I've only heard the (chopped to hell) score in the movie.)