LOTR: FOTR What are you looking forward to?

what cue or moment are you looking forward too the most?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Prophecy (film version)
    • The complete Bridge Of Khazad Dum
    • The Mirror Of Galadriel
    • Journey To Weathertop
    • The Watcher in the water
    • The complete The Council Of Elrond
    • The Tomb Of Balin
    • Other (specify)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prophecy if by that you mean the Prologue. Of course Council of Elrond is definately worth waiting for.

I'm looking forward to the moment where I no longer have to read, "When are we getting complete LOTR albums?".

Neil

You would like that wouldn't you :|

You have to put up with this untill the other two Complete score boxes are released. Then again we might continue just for the irritation.

The release date of the release seems to be in flux. Some sites like Amazon say December 9th.

CD universe says December 6th and the press release 22nd of November. Doug Adams does not know has the release date been changed since his part in the project is done and they do not inform him about the changes.

Here is theCd Universe preorrder page with track list:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...276812579&BAB=E

Isn't it nice we haveto put up with this hopping from one foot to the other and waiting how they juggle the release date.

Of course you innocent pure Williams fans have suffer since we share this information on the JW MB :|

I wouldn't trust Amazon or any other on-line places for correct dates. I've seen Amazon change a date for a CD or whatever that is going to be released from one date to the other. I've seen this happen with both CD's and DVD's.

I am sure if they did change the offical date Doug Adams would have been notified. So unless we hear it from Doug Adams, as I said I wouldn't trust Amazon's date.

You are absolutely correct. There is no reason to believe the online CD stores. Most have only a vague idea of the release dates. The regular stores have even more vague idea or no idea at all (as it happens to be here in Finland) :|. Sorry to have stirred the rumor mill. I should have know better.

Mihi ignoscatis.

There's nothing wrong with notifying that a track list has appeared.

I've just grown weary of such things, especially from online shops to whom such a release is just another product in the many thousands they are putting up.

It won't be long till we will get official info from Reprise Records. Untill then i'll take any "new" info with the same bag of salt I use for CNN.

Then again we might continue just for the irritation.

I don't doubt it. :|

Oh come on, Neil. It's not like you bash LOTR to let us know your views on the subject. For gosh sakes it's been almost 5 years. ;)

Justin - Ready for some of that Bridge of Khazad-Dum. Complete, ya'll!

Other:

Boromir and his speech about the White Tower of Echthelion

at Lothlorien and the complete version of his sacrifice at Amon Hen.

Looking forward to the extended end credits which features an extended version of 'The Breaking Of The Fellowship' performed by the NZ Philharmonic.

And, as already above, the Prologue, especially the powerful brass strokes which accompany the scenes in which Sauron hits out at the armies before him.

APBez

Doug Adams confirms the track titles here:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/post...umID=1&pageID=2

He says almost all the alternate music is already out on the original 2001 album:

The “alternate” cues for Fellowship are, for the most part, already out there in the form of the original 2001 soundtrack. If you listen carefully, you’ll find that several pieces on that disc differ slightly from what’s in the film. Of course, the Prologue is the most notable example, but there are little solo lines all around the CD that are not in the film.

The Caradhras sequence.

Oh, good one, good one!

Khazad-dum and Journey to Weathertop. Plus probably many smaller moments I don't recall right now. To me, FOTR is more "organic" than the other two scores, with less standout moments, so I can't think of favourites as easily.

Marian - who voted for Weathertop because noone else will do so anyway (I really want the original version of that cue, though!)

I like a lot of the smaller cues too. Like when Bilbo disapears at the party and when the big dragon firework goes off.

Justin

Wow, those track titles are....uninspired. And I thought there were going to be two discs fro FOTR. The site has three.

The track titles were real after all. Great! FOTR and LOTR music flows in bigger sequences and it should be just that way presented. I do not mind the longer tracks.

One thing I am waiting is the pastoral Shire music. It is a wonderful haven of peace before all the dark and frightening music of the journey to Rivendell.

AARRGGGGHHHH!!! banghead banghead banghead

CDON lists 14th of December as the release date. I hope this is not the true European release date.

For some perhaps but I intend to buy it and listen to it the instant it hits the stores. No waiting for Christmas for me (though you could say that waiting for FOTR release feels like waiting for Christmas 8O )

I'm a bit surprised by the track titles. I was expecting about 60 or so mini cues with all kinds of alternates, like most bootlegs out there.

Instead we get titles like 'Moria' - I mean, can't they come up with something a little more imaginitive for what must be quite a long sequence of music? The complete abscence of any alternates/bonus cues is a little disappointing considering PJ said he always wanted to include 'rarities'. However, as long as this has everything we heard in the move, as we heard it in the movie, then I'm happy 8O (and we've always got the original OST's for album versions of many cues)

Just over 6 weeks to go hopefully 8O

~ richuk - who can't wait for this and has spent the last 2 years ripping every piece of clean music from the DVD.

Weathertop. FOTR was a great single-CD release though, I'm more looking forward to the other two.

Jeff - who never tires of hearing "The Great River"

I thought Fellowship was a good release apart from 2 points. The 3 tracks 'Prancing Pony', 'Knife in the Dark' and 'Flight to the Ford' all were, or mostly contained material not essential to the story or listening experience, IMHO. There was also, possibly as a result, 2 large areas of the movie where little material was released (later parts of the Shire and the whole post-Caradhras sequence).

Now TTT - there's a truly great CD. In my opinion it contains every highlight from the movie and most of the stuff I've ripped from the DVD is EE material.

I thought Fellowship was a good release apart from 2 points. The 3 tracks 'Prancing Pony', 'Knife in the Dark' and 'Flight to the Ford' all were, or mostly contained material not essential to the story or listening experience,

Too many rendfitions of the Ring Wraith Chorus.

IMHO. There was also, possibly as a result, 2 large areas of the movie where little material was released (later parts of the Shire and the whole post-Caradhras sequence).

Yeah.

Now TTT - there's a truly great CD. In my opinion it contains every highlight from the movie and most of the stuff I've ripped from the DVD is EE material.

TTT is a real mess cronologically wise.

Great music, but a lot of it is just lumped together. Aty least FOTR was cronological.

For me, FOTR was the best CD in terms of covering virtually all the themes from the film, TTT was the best CD because it flows best (FOTR has too many cues that are either out of place or largely repetitive), although there was much good music left off. ROTK, I felt at least, was a poor CD and a poor score.

TTT is a real mess cronologically wise.

Great music, but a lot of it is just lumped together.

Well most sequel albums are chconologically a mess but I think Shore still did a better job than usual of choosing the right music.

RotK feels no more than a 'highlights of' CD to me, as there's a huge amount of music missing.

Steef, I think all 3 albums have problems including enough battle music (I mean RotK has only two tracks with any music from the actual battle)

I never really got into the LOTR music. However I will definitely revist the music with the full score for Fellowship. Usually scores like these, you tend to have to have the full score in order to enjoy it in all it's glory.

As an example only for Star Trek Nemesis, the expanded 2-disc set score helped out a lot with that one, especially since most of the best music was unreleased.

I am definitely looking forward to The Two Towers and Return Of The King. I remember hearing good battle music in Helms Deep

Hmm, lots of highlights, I'd probably say I'm most looking forward to the introductions to the Gondor themes in Lothlorien and at the council.

And all those renditions of The Ring theme, the only full statement of it on the OST is "The Great River".

ttbk

What i'm looking forward too most.

The fanfare as Gandalf escapes from Orthanc and the subsequent string part as they fly over the mountains.

The Watcher in the water (some really nice fast brass in there unlike anything else in the score)

The music were Gandalf and Saruman are hurling incantations at each other during the Caradras sequence.

The "Galadriel almost turns to the Dark side" music.

The tense piano rhytm when Merry realises Frodo is leaving the group.

Boromir talking about Gondor.

The whole score to Return Of The King is a single 3 hours + highlight.

I'm most looking forward to the exposition scenes music in Hobbiton, with Bilbo leaving the Ring and Gandalf explaining the history of the Ring to Frodo.

And the Rivendell music is great, too.