THE Complete Jurassic Park Score

GoodMusician

Hey all!

Just wanted to put it out there: I just finished re-doing (for the 4th time) my Complete Jurassic Park soundtrack.

Right now it's up to...39 TRACKS....as opposed to...what 16? Bear in mind that 4 tracks are simply audio rips. I wanted to have just the sound of the rain on the roof in the tour car and the "boom" of the t-rex... and then the T-rex roar... There is a little of the Brachio's Singing, and I also added the sounds of the Dilophosaur and the T-rex Galli attack. I had some raptor noises but I took them out... My original idea was to have sounds from every dinosaur in the movie because like the music, those played such a beautiful role with creating the mood.

My complete Track list is as follows (I will also explain some of the cuts and cleaning things I did after):

01) Opening Titles (Straight from the CD)

02) Incident at Isla Nublar *(Taken from CD along with a little rip of the ending from DVD)

03) Mining for Bones and Amber *(DVD Rip)

04) Hammonds Proposition *(DVD Rip)

05) Que Milagros Chaparrita -Source Music- #(DVD Rip)

06) Journey to the Island (Straight from CD)

07) Mr. DNA -Music- *(Rip from DVD)

08) A Dinosaur is Born (Edit from CD)

09) "You've Bred Raptors?" *(Rip from DVD)

10) Timmy & Lex #(Rip from DVD)

11) Jurassic Park Gate (Straight from CD)

12) Sick Triceratops (Edit from CD)

13) Storm Clouds *(Rip from DVD) --Only noise is the Thunder which is breif-

14) Dennis Steals the Embryos (Straight from CD)

15) Eye to Eye (EDIT from CD)

16) The Approach #(Rip of SFX from DVD --Rain on Tour Vehicle w/ t-rex step)

17) T-Regina #(Rip of SFX from DVD -- T-rex roar as exit gate)

18) Bring Back my Grandchildren *(Rip from DVD)

19) Nice "Boy?" #(Rip of SFX from DVD --Dilo sounds)

20) Between a Truck and a Long Fall (Edit from CD)

21) Finding Dr. Malcolm (Edit from CD)

22) The Great T-rex Chase *(Rip from DVD)

23) Imitation Brachiosaurus #(Rip of SFX from DVD -- Brach singing with Grant noise)

24) A Tree for my Bed (Straight from CD)

25) Remembering Petticoat Lane (Straight from CD)/

My friend the Brachiosaursu (Edit from CD)

26) Broken Eggshells (Edit from CD)

27) System Ready *(Rip from DVD)

28) T-rex vs. Gallis' #(Rip of SFX from DVD --Gallis' running and T-rex attack)

29) Muldoon and Ellie to the Power Shed (Edit from CD)

30) Hight Wire Stunts *(Edit from CD with 2 second intro rip from DVD)

31) Raptor in the Shed --Film Version-- (Edit from CD)

32) Clever Girl *(Rip from DVD with Edit from CD)

33) Kitchen Attack (Edit from CD with first half of T-rex Rescue and Finale)

34) T-rex Rescue and Finale (Edit from CD with JP theme in place of 25 seconds when T-rex kills raptors)35) Looking Back/Leaving the Island and End Credits (Edit from CD)

36) Burn it All -Hans Zimmer-- (Music used in Trailer)

37) Unused Raptors in the Shed *(Clean Rip from DVD)

38) Mr. DNA -Dialogue Version- #(Rip from DVD with Dialogue Present so music sounds clearer)

39) Jurassic Park Theme (Straight from CD)

*-Denotes Cleaned DVD rip with MINIMAL sound effects and hiss

#-Denotes DVD rip that has very noticeable soundeffects

I posted this to dispell some myths as well. It took me until tonight to realize that EVERY OUNCE of music from certain tracks had been released and that most of what I had could be re-done to reflect that.

For example, Looking Back is an edit from "Remembering Petticoat Lane."

Raptors in the Kitchen is an edit from mostly "The Raptor Attack" and some from "Eye to Eye," more specifically, the "Muldoon and Ellie to the Power Shed" part. I then addded the first Half of "T-rex Rescue and Finale" onto it.

Clever Girl was another track that I found interesting. The first half was never released excpet for the four note motive in the begining (negligable) but the part right after he says "Clever Girl" WAS released in "The Raptor Attack."

I also merged one of my favourite tracks, Remembering Petticoat Lane with "My Friend the Brachiosaurus" purposely because my burner always puts 2 seconds between tracks and those two should run seemlessly together. I actually was able to have them meld together cleanly by editing the begining of "My Friend.." and turning down the upper registers, which nearly neuttralized the strings, and allowed for the horn to nearly be alone in it's domincance over the fade out of "Remembering..."

It also wasn't until recently that I realized "T-rex Rescue and Finale" didn't have the JP theme statement when the Rex enters, so I added that in as well.

I also merged "Looking Back" with "End Credits" simply because they fit well that way, and there's almost no point in having a track of like...10 seconds. They also flow and can meld better I believe this way. I also edited the End Credits as it is in the Movie with that 5 second or so Cut before the harp gliss and the full orch pulls in.

Many people will notice one track for the first time: Que Milagros Chaparrita. I added that because I love that song. I could not find it anywhere except on some extreamly obscure Mariachi cd that I couldn't find anywhere and couldn't get off of the internet. I ripped it from the DVD. It has almost all the sounds present in that scene--yes, the chickens too which at one point sound like they're singing along with the music. Everything except the dialogue. It isn't that bad of a rip eaither.

I also took the Liberty to add some bonus tracks to the end such as "Burn it all" from Hans Zimmer's score to "Backdraft" so that people would have the music from the Trailer. I'm contemplating editing it together with the JP music to make a track of music from the trailer. I havn't yet though... still debating.

Another interesting track is "Unused Raptor in the Shed." It wasn't until recently I realized that it was called that, and if you listen, it ends with the 4 note Raptor motive which IS in the movie, but everything before that isn't, so really, "Unused Raptor in the Shed" should be part of "Clever Girl." Again, not something I plan to do but may do.

Mind you, this was made for my personal enjoyment, hence the creative liberty on it (adding the sfx.) But anyways, I just thought I'd put it out there because this site has a list of the complete Cue list and it's not entirely accurate and I know how hard it was for me to find information on the music to JP and how this might help someone.

Enjoy!

ps: If anyone thinks I should make the trailer edit or the others I mentioned, let me know... I'm still debating. hehe

I also ment to mention that this the music as it is presented in the movie which means that some cues are missing a few seconds here and there as heard on the CD. I thought about adding the complete cues to the end of the soundtrack but I mean, if you have the soundtrack, you have those 5 seconds and such so there's no real point.

I also meant to mention that there is about 5-8 seconds of music that goes after "Hammonds Proposition" on the Making of Video. Problem is that it's heavily laden with dialogue. You can't really hear it. It's really just a chord in the strings and brass with the harp outlining it and then a small incomplete statement of the raptor/rex theme in the wind I believe if memory serves.

That isn't on this but it's something I've considered trying to clean in some shape or fashion. It's never in the movie so it would be an "extra."

I was curious, a lot new finds are made available on this website, could I make this available and how would I go about doing that I guess. Or would that be a foux pas?

• 2 weeks later...

forgive me for ressurecting this thread but...

I've made some discovries...

I found that the original trailer for JP, the one that came out before any cg dinosaurs had been put on film and before the score was recorded, the music in the trailer consisted of two selections from "Backdraft," a score by Hans Zimmer along with an "Indiana Jones" track.

Backdraft:

Burn it all-as we're all familiar the very beat driven piece that plays in TLW trailer as well.

Arson's Walts-this one I've never listened to before until tonight when I went looking for the music that was playing in this trailer. It's really cool and works rather well!

Indiana Jones:

Indy's Very First Adventure--this track is used for about 5 seconds and consists of just the very begining mood setting sound music until it cuts to the "Arson's Walts."

I'm still trying to find the ending of this trailer's music... but I will eventually.

Then it's off to the trailer that has the JP music in it... now that I can do lol...

I have an updated Playlist:

01) Opening Titles (Straight from the CD)

02) Incident at Isla Nublar *(Taken from CD along with a little rip of the ending from DVD)

03) Mining for Bones and Amber *(DVD Rip)

04) Hammonds Proposition *(DVD Rip)

05) Que Milagros Chaparrita -Source Music- #(DVD Rip)

06) Journey to the Island (Straight from CD)

07) Mr. DNA -Music- *(Rip from DVD)

08) A Dinosaur is Born (Edit from CD)

09) "You've Bred Raptors?" *(Rip from DVD)

10) Who's Hungry? #(Rip of SFX from DVD--Raptor Sound)

11) Timmy & Lex #(Rip from DVD)

12) Jurassic Park Gate (Straight from CD)

13) Sick Triceratops (Edit from CD)

14) Storm Clouds *(Rip from DVD) --Only noise is the Thunder which is breif-

15) Dennis Steals the Embryos (Straight from CD)

16) The Approach #(Rip of SFX from DVD --Rain on Tour Vehicle w/ t-rex step)

17) T-Regina #(Rip of SFX from DVD -- T-rex roar as exit gate)

18) Bring Back my Grandchildren *(Rip from DVD)

19) Nice "Boy?" #(Rip of SFX from DVD --Dilo sounds)

20) Between a Truck and a Long Fall (Edit from CD)

21) Finding Dr. Malcolm (Edit from CD)

22) The Great T-rex Chase *(Rip from DVD)

23) Imitation Brachiosaurus #(Rip of SFX from DVD -- Brach singing with Grant noise)

24) A Tree for my Bed (Straight from CD)

25) Remembering Petticoat Lane (Straight from CD)/

My friend the Brachiosaursu (Edit from CD)

26) Broken Eggshells (Edit from CD)

27) System Ready *(Rip from DVD)

28) T-rex vs. Gallis' #(Rip of SFX from DVD --Gallis' running and T-rex attack)

29) Muldoon and Ellie to the Power Shed (Edit from CD)

30) Hight Wire Stunts *(Edit from CD with 2 second intro rip from DVD)

31) Raptor in the Shed --Film Version-- (Edit from CD)

32) Clever Girl *(Rip from DVD with Edit from CD)

33) Kitchen Attack (Edit from CD with first half of T-rex Rescue and Finale)

34) T-rex Rescue and Finale (Edit from CD with JP theme in place of 25 seconds when T-rex kills raptors)

35) Looking Back/Leaving the Island and End Credits (Edit from CD)

Extra Music:

36) Jurassic Park Teaser Trailer #(Rip from Trailer)

37) Jurassic Park Trailer 1 (CD Edit to replicate music from trailer)

38) Jurassic Park Trailer 2 (CD Edit to replicate music from trailer)

39) Jurassic Park The Ride #(Rip of Audio from Ride)

40) Mr. DNA #(DVD rip of Audio so music is louder)

41) Eye to Eye --Unused Cue-- (Edit from CD)

42) Raptors in the Shed --Unused Cue-- (Rip from DVD)

43) End Credits (Straight from CD)

I was able to rip a couple of seconds fro the Making video as in the video, it would play "Hammonds Prop." in the background and there is about 5 extra seconds at the end of that track that are unreleased as well and not in the movie so I'm contemplating adding that track to hte list but the only problem is someone is talking over those 5 seconds...so I'm debating...

But that's ... everything...all the music...

YOu know i bought the DVD in a trilogy oack released in september, and the making of JP is the only of the three movies to have cut the end credits. LIKE A DARNED TV program!

And i wanted to hear the raptor in the shed alternate in good quality :mrgreen:

yea... I wish it had been a little better quality. It cuts out at the statement of the t-rex/raptor theme...

which IS in the movie... just a little bit latter. They replaces that music with other tings, and then tracked it back in as muldoon was climbing over a tree log... and goes to take his hat off...

I've got that all on here. I even redid "Clever Girl" because the end of it, after the point where he says "Clever Girl" had released music, it was just the little bit before that that was unreleased.

I don't mean to be puhy, but I was wondering, is there any way someone can change the list for the complete cues on this site. I keep running into people on JP forums who have sites that list the supposed "Complete Cues" and cite this very site for the information and since this site isn't entirely acurate, I was wondering if maybe someone could change it.

I could give you the more acurate information (ie: when the edits begin and such)

YOu know i bought the DVD in a trilogy oack released in september, and the making of JP is the only of the three movies to have cut the end credits. LIKE A DARNED TV program!

And i wanted to hear the raptor in the shed alternate in good quality :|

It's interesting you mentioned that.

The DVD version I have, has it in its entirety, but my dvd, unfortunately, was scratched and the only thing it won't play is the end credits of that feature! Ironic huh? So I downloaded the video but it doesn't have the complete end credits. I didn't realize you could do that? Simply remove the end credits from something that is being sold?! I thought it was removed because I had downloaded the version, but if it's like that on some DVD's, that confuses me? Can they do that? lol

Odd!

I don't mean to be puhy, but I was wondering, is there any way someone can change the list for the complete cues on this site. I keep running into people on JP forums who have sites that list the supposed "Complete Cues" and cite this very site for the information and since this site isn't entirely acurate, I was wondering if maybe someone could change it.

I could give you the more acurate information (ie: when the edits begin and such)

Email Ricard with your requist.

It's his site, so he's the person who can make these changes.

• 7 months later...

Hey all. I meant to post this a few days ago on the 13th Anniversary of Jurassic Park but I wanted to try and finish before I said anything :P

I've recently noticed that my old complete recording had this annoying high pitched whine through it.

If I sent it to you, I'd like to apologize for that. And to remedy the situation, I decided to go back and make the most comprehensive complete score to Jurassic Park.

Right now, this is my set up:

Disk 1 will be the score as presented in the film--including editing and tracked sections such as Raptors in the Shed.

Disk 2 will be all the extra material such as the 3 trailer's music tracks, a DVD rip of the Hollywood River Adventure Ride, dinosaur sound library, etc.

Disk 3 will be the Complete score--as complete as possible that is. I've gone through a lot of material to try and find everything and this will be the presentation of that.

The track listing is as follows.

Disk 1: ~76:00

01) Opening Titles 0:37

02) Incident at Isla Nublar 2:21 *

03) Mining for Bones and Amber 1:12 *

04) Hammonds Propositon 0:50 *

05) Que Milagros Chaparita (Cantina Source) 2:04 #

06) Journey to the Island (Film Version) 9:00

07) Mr. DNA (Source) 2:32 *

08) Hatching Baby Raptors 2:00

09) You've Bred Raptors 0:31 *

10) Timmy & Lex 1:29 #

11) Jurassic Park Gate 2:03

12) Sick Triceratops 2:29

13) Storm Clouds 1:19 @

14) Dennis Steals the Embryos 5:00

15) Bring Back my Grandchildren 1:11 #

16) Between a Truck and a Long Fall 1:10

17) Finding Dr. Malcolm 1:59

18) The Great T-rex Chase 1:34 *

19) A Tree for my Bed 2:12

20) Remembering Petticoat Lane/ My Friend the Brachiosaurus 4:28

21) Brocken Eggshells 1:21

22) To the Power Shed 4:06

23) High Wire Stunts 3:07

24) Raptors in the Shed (Film Version) 0:55

25) Clever Girl 1:11 #

26) Raptors in the Kitchen 5:56

27) T-rex Rescue and Finale 3:30

28) Leaving the Island & End Credits 8:25

Disk 2

01) The Dinosaurs (3m2 Alternate) 3:30

02) Jurassic Park Teaser Trailer 1:36

03) Jurassic Park Trailer Music 2:42

04) Jurassic Park Trailer 2 Music 1:14

05) The Arsonist's Waltz -Hans Zimmer 'Backdraft'- 1:59

06) Burn it All -Hans Zimmer 'Backdraft'- 5:17

07) Mr. DNA -Dialogue Version 2:30 #

08) Velociraptor Sound Effect Library

09) Tyrannosaur Sound Effect Library

10) Dilophosaur Sound Effect Library

11) Brachiosaur Sound Effect Library

12) Gallimimus Vs. Rex

13) Jurassic Park- River Adventure Ride 2:38

14) Que Milagro Chaparrita (Album Version) *different recording 2:43

still trying to flesh out this CD... I'm sure there is something else I can add. I'm thinking about putting all the trailer music from the three films on here... dunno yet though...

CD 3: ~78 (Original John Williams Titles and Slate Numbers)

01) Opening Titles (1m1a) 0:37

02) Incident at Isla Nublar (1m1) 2:21 *

03) Mining for Bones and Amber (1m2) 1:12 *

04) The Entrance of Mr. Hammond (2m1) 1:00 * ---Complete Track---

05) To the Island (2m3-3m1) 3:17

06) The Dinosaurs (3m2) 4:32

07) The Entrance to the Park (3m2a) 1:20

08) Cartoon Display (3m3) 2:32 *

09) Hatching Baby Raptors (4m1) 2:00

10) You Bred Raptors (4m2) 0:31 *

11) The History Lesson (5m1) 1:29 #

12) Jurassic Park Gate (5m2) 2:03

13) Goat Bait (5m3) 2:22

14) An Ailing Monster (6m1) 2:34

15) The Coming Storm (6m2) 1:19 #

16) Dennis Steals the Embryos (7m1) 4:58

17) The Trouble with Dennis (8m1) 1:10 @

18) The Falling Car (9m1) 3:06

19) The T-Rex Chase (9m2) 1:34 @

20) A Tree for my Bed (9m3a) 2:12

21) Remembering Petticoat Lane (10m1) 2:48

22) My Friend the Brachiosaurus (10m2) 1:48

23) Eggs in the Forest (10m3) 1:22

24) Sytem Ready (11m1) 0:43 ----Minor edit of unlocated music----

25) Preparing to Meet the Monster (11m2) 4:11

26) High Wire Stunts (11m3-12m1) 4:08

27) Hungry Raptor (12m2) 1:40 ------Complete Track-----

28) Into the Kitchen (12m3-13m1) 2:49

29) March Past the Kitchen Utensils (13m2) 4:!1

30) T-rex To the Rescue (13m3-14m1) 3:30

21) End Credits Part I (14m2) 4:32

22) End Credits Part II (14m3) 3:24

*- Slight Sound Effects

@- ccasional Sound

#- Constant background sound

So yea... I've gone to the greatest lengts to make the most complete version.

"Introduction of Mr. Hammond" for instance includes an unused ending... it was heard in the Making of DVD and I ripped it from there and placed it at the end.

There are also tons of little tweaks done to everything to not only liven up the sound, but to also provide a clean, enjoyable listening experience. I've baught several complete scores and I've made several, this however is the most difinative and best sounding one out there.

I've poured over the score to try to find things that many people gave up on. For insteance, in the film, the "Raptor in the Shed" scene has music tracked but you listen to any edit of this track out there, and it ends in a DVD rip. I can quite confidently tell you there is no need for that as the ending is in the album. You just have to find it ;)

I also worked hard to create clean openings and endings for the 3rd disk. For the most part this was possible. There was really only 1 or 2 I couldn't get it too clean but for the rest it is clean openings and intros.

But again, I did as much as I could to clean this up. The Album always bothered me as it felt so hushed. I was able to bring out the instruments in this better and make them more present. I also was able to clean up a few of the unrelesaed tracks to the point where several are near CD quality for most of the time.

You might say I "spared no expence" lol :P

So anyways... This will be finished quite soon. I've finished Disk 3, most of 1, and most of 2. If anyone has recommendations for additions... I'm all ears.

Thanks again

I was wondering, so, your disc 3, is that the actual intended chrono score? Like in no tracked sequences and all? I always try to avoid tracked cues; and you're very good at what you do and you're spending a lot of effort in these complete CDs, that's great, but I get the impression that it's a pity sometimes that you edit out music that was originally supposed to be there but has been cut out of the film. Mostly, the film cuts out a lot of interesting material, and interrupts the flow and thematic development and whatnot. (For instance, I've been doing my edit of the War of the Worlds album and I noticed a few cuts on your complete score that I have left in the tracks.) Just my two cents - but keep up the motivation! :P

again,

Disk 1 Is as heard in the film. It is the music that you hear--including edits and tracked cues.

Disk 2 is extras.

Disk 3 is all as recorded... the complete tracks... except for one: System Ready has what seems to be a minor edit. I can't find that music anywhere... so it's the only incomplete track. The rest are complete to my knowledge...

thanks for the encouragement :P It's very nice of you.

I've started getting away from doing what I use to do--film edits. I'm starting to do Both. I'm redoing my Episode I score to be complete, and since JP is almost entirely released, and what isn't I've mostly been able to get a hold of, I figured I'd give it a try.

This is that attempt

I've noticed that with some dvd rips, the unreleased music is what is in the film... but then of course there are those times where the music has been cut to the film. Lucky for us, John Williams and Steven Spielberg try not to do that... I've also noticed more and more that John Williams trys to include any alternates and unused cues as the album... and that the film versions can usually only be available by ripping the dvd... so in the end, you usually get everything lol...

With my WOTW, I tried to include any of the major musical moments that were cut from the film as "unused" tracks at the end.

This one really didn't have any moments like that. Almost none of the music is edited (except for maybe a 5-10 second cut from the beginning of a few tracks), and only three scenes have tracked music--and less than a minute each.

I use to look at it as if you want to hear the whole score, buy the album. If you want to hear the film version, listen to the edit I made lol.

But anyways, this presents it both ways... as film version and as originally intended.

You should see the videos I made of the scenes from JP with the unused music. They're on Youtube... look up "Jurassic Park Unleashed" lol

But anyways... any suggestions about additions?

I rather agree, and especially the kitchen scene. Nevertheless, great to see them with the music. If the DVD people would do such things that'd be great - but never gonna happen though.

I restored a couple of scenes from Jurassic Park. If you go to YouTube and look for "Jurassic Park Unleashed" you can probably find them all.

There are only 4 I think...

My screen name on there is BrachioInGen.

As far as what's better, I'd have to see that Raptor in the Shed was a wise decision to replace... the music JW wrote, I feel, would have dated the film more... and didn't quite work as well as what they eventually used.

The Raptors in the Kitchen music actually worked really well--I made a video of this and you can see. I feel they didn't really need to replace it... but at the same time, I can see why they chose to... I always skip that scene because it's always scared me... had the music been left as JW wrote it, I don't think I'd have EVER watched the scene... it always gets me so nervous for them...everytime lol.

The only other tracked scene is "Looking Back." That is taken from "Remembering Petticoat Lane." Personally, I think that was an amazing choice... it works so well, and the mood is exactly right...

Those are the only scenes in JP with tracked music... and most of them are pretty understandable and as far as tracked music goes... are probably the best examples of tracked music working--next to "Going Down" in Episode III.

The T-Rex attacking the raptors also contains tracked music.

I think the eerie silence in the kitchen scene is even creepier than Williams' brooding suspenseful music. The raptors dominate the soundscape, and yet it feels like every sound Lex or Tim makes could be the end of them both.

I was disappointed to find the cue where Grant meets the kids before the ride wasn't included in the OST.

That was definitely the cue that I was missing the most as well. I always wished it was on the OST when I watched the movie every time. (instead, they decide to waste time by placing the last track on the OST)

~Sky

More heroic music has been tracked in. The scene changed during filming. The original ending was never shot.

What was the original ending supposed to be?

~SKy

I think i remeber something about someone shooting the raptors down. Malcom or hammond i suppose.

But... if the ending was never shot, how is that Williams composed the music?...

EDIT: This is what i found:

Originally, the movie was to end with the T. rex skeleton (in the Visitor Center) falling onto the raptors before they attack Alan Grant, Tim, Lex, and Ellie Sattler. Hammond arrives and is then able to gun down the raptors with a shotgun. Later when the original ending was seen as too simple of a resolution, the skeleton was replaced with a living T. rex that attacks the raptors, saving Grant and the others. This ending also eliminates the shooting of the raptors which is why the brief scene in which the shotgun is left in another room is included. In both versions, they quickly flee with Hammond in his jeep to the helicopter and escape the island.

Much better the new one. We wouldnt have some great dinosaur shots :(

And well, you know in the three movies they have never showed a dinosaur being shooted down. Maybe Speilberg loves them so much that he cannot kill them :pukeface:

But... if the ending was never shot, how is that Williams composed the music?...

What?

Originally, the movie was to end with the T. rex skeleton (in the Visitor Center) falling onto the raptors before they attack Alan Grant, Tim, Lex, and Ellie Sattler. Hammond arrives and is then able to gun down the raptors with a shotgun. Later when the original ending was seen as too simple of a resolution, the skeleton was replaced with a living T. rex that attacks the raptors, saving Grant and the others. This ending also eliminates the shooting of the raptors which is why the brief scene in which the shotgun is left in another room is included. In both versions, they quickly flee with Hammond in his jeep to the helicopter and escape the island.

Much better the new one. We wouldnt have some great dinosaur shots :(

And well, you know in the three movies they have never showed a dinosaur being shooted down. Maybe Speilberg loves them so much that he cannot kill them :pukeface:

Yes, one of the pieces of scaffolding was going to be on a lift that could ride and move up and down and such. They were going to be stuck on that, with the raptors attacking, and then Grant would maneuver the thing around, crushing the raptors in the skeleton. It ended with one last raptor jumping out of nowhere, storming at the group, and then being shot through the neck at the last moment by Hammond.

Storyboards of the original finale can be found on the DVD.

Incidentally, all three Jurassic Park films have had the ending changed during shooting.

I was disappointed to find the cue where Grant meets the kids before the ride wasn't included in the OST.

That was definitely the cue that I was missing the most as well. I always wished it was on the OST when I watched the movie every time. (instead, they decide to waste time by placing the last track on the OST)

~Sky

Absolutely. I think the CD makes some critical mistakes with both track ordering and including the end credits music twice.

That playful cue is an early highlight for me, very different to the rest of the score, but it's nearly impossible to extract cleanly from the DVD without loads of jungle effects. Ideal candidate for an ISO if ever there was one.

What?

I mean: if the original ending was never shot, how is that Williams composed the scene with no 'YEEHAH!!!' moment for the T-Rex.

Spielberg may have given him the live action footage of the actual ending, but then he should have told Williams some CGI raptor was going to be eaten by a CGI rex at the least minute so he could compose arround that description...

What?

I mean: if the original ending was never shot, how is that Williams composed the scene with no 'YEEHAH!!!' moment for the T-Rex.

Umm, because at the time, that seemed like the best option, and Spielberg later changed his mind. Hence the music being tracked.

I'll have to sinc it up with the movie.

You know i just heard this cue picturing in my mind the scenes and when the raptor is going to attack they are already going down the stairs towards the jeep. Its like something is missing :pukeface:

It would be cool if you were somehow able to include any additional performances of the JP music, as heard on compilation CDs by other orchestra and conductors. I don't know how much actually exists, but it would be neat :P

Tim

BTW... the "T-rex Finale" had a bit of "Theme from Jurassic Park" tracked into it for whent he rex chomped down on the raptor.

As the only thing that really changed was the rex.. it's understandable I suppose that only that was changed...

The rest of the track is present except about 40 seconds which was replaced with the rex's triumphant attack.

If you examine the film, you can see that the cherry picker that was going to be used for the original ending is actually located in the rotunda near the entrance.

The idea was that the raptor would get stuck in the rex skeleton as it fell and be killed that way... the other would be trapped in the cross beams of the cherry picker as it decended.

Also Hammond would come in with a gun and kill the last one...

I really don't think the finale was changed that late in the game... I'll check... but I think the finale was changed late but not that late... I mean, when they built the indoor VC set, they knew the rex would be entering through so they left one part unbuilt... and such...

I'll check though...

As far as I know, a lot of the film is present on the album--including the complete cues, not just what was used in the film.

There are only a few ques not present.

"T-rex Rescue and Finale" is complete plus the 40 + - seconds of unused part that was replaced by the tracked music.

John Williams even calls the track "T-Rex Rescue" on the recording sheet so I really don't think he planned it for anything but that.

What?

Much better the new one. We wouldnt have some great dinosaur shots ;)

And well, you know in the three movies they have never showed a dinosaur being shooted down. Maybe Speilberg loves them so much that he cannot kill them :folder:

Yes, one of the pieces of scaffolding was going to be on a lift that could ride and move up and down and such. They were going to be stuck on that, with the raptors attacking, and then Grant would maneuver the thing around, crushing the raptors in the skeleton. It ended with one last raptor jumping out of nowhere, storming at the group, and then being shot through the neck at the last moment by Hammond.

Incidentally, all three Jurassic Park films have had the ending changed during shooting.

Just curious, what got changed in the endings for JP2 and Jp3?

Thanks,

~SKy

Originally, at the end of The Lost World, the survivors would be fleeing the raptors through the long cross. When they reach the end they come to a cliff. They jump over, pull a string on their backpacks, and a delta kite unfolds, with which they fly to safety. All of them, except Ludlow, whose kite is attacked by Pteranodons. He falls to his death and is devoured. This was replaced by the Rex escaping into San Diego. Again, storyboards of the original sequence can be found on the DVD.

In Jurassic Park III, the helicopter flying away from the island was going to be attacked by the winged creatures. Notice the thereatening insertion of that shot of the pteranodon cage still being open?

Also, just before the final raptor encounter, a scene got cut where they found the boat from the opening sequence, and realized the pteranodons attacked the boat when it passed under the cloud. This is never explained in the film, but you can still see a human skull in the pteranodon nest, leaving you to figure the link out yourself, rather than having it spoonfed.

In Jurassic Park III, the helicopter flying away from the island was going to be attacked by the winged creatures. Notice the thereatening insertion of that shot of the pteranodon cage still being open?

Also, just before the final raptor encounter, a scene got cut where they found the boat from the opening sequence, and realized the pteranodons attacked the boat when it passed under the cloud. This is never explained in the film, but you can still see a human skull in the pteranodon nest, leaving you to figure the link out yourself, rather than having it spoonfed.

Mmmm plothole!

If the aviary door is left opened and it is show to us, how is that the pteranodons are free to attack the boat in the beggining.

Unless (another plothole :P ) they are the other pteranodons (giant pteranodons regarding Roland's pages) that are already free in The Lost World....

BTW the boat in the openming sequence isnt crashed on some rocks far from the coast...

The human skull is puzzling though.

I always thought the Spinosaur may had attacked the boat, sicne there is even cutscene of it swimming to the boat of grant and the kirbys.

Also, showing the door opened doesnt really imply the pteranodos were going to attack the helicopter, since they are still showed being free. Anyway i have a mcdonals toy with a pteranodon attacking an helicopter...

I figured the door opening was the Pteranodons escaping but then when that lame ending came about I thought maybe it was Billy crawling out.

I always thought it was Pteranodons that attacked the boat at the beginning, or it was going to be some aquatic dinosaur.

I figured the door opening was the Pteranodons escaping but then when that lame ending came about I thought maybe it was Billy crawling out.

The door is left opened.

I think the military found billy down the river.

He could have done that. Like alan and Paul did escape from the aviary.

I think my memory might be failing me here, but in the wonderful "Making Of Feature" in the DVD - isn't that the footage that Michael Kahn and Spielberg are editing when discussing the editing process for the film? I haven't seen it in years, but I remember seeing the skeleton crashing by itself (for the CGI raptor to be added later).

The footage you see being edited in the Making of featurette is the raw background plate for the ending that is in the movie: an empty visitors centre, with the skeleton crashing to its side (not directly downwards as was storyboarded for the original ending) by the simulated impact of the velociraptor.