Am I the only one who wants Doyle's Potter score to suck?

Sandor

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Im wanting it to be horrible, in which it really will be. Its such a travesty that Williams is not doing this. And who in the heck is this Jarvis guy? What is this movie gonna have rock music? My gosh!

Knowing the board, I'd say probably not. If I'm really honest, I'd say a part fo me doesn't want Doyle's to be good, so that it won't be compared favorably to JW's scores. But then the much larger and wiser part of me says, "WTF are you thinking, of course you want this score to be Doyle's best yet! JW's are great and nothing Doyle will write is going ot change it. Worse comes to worse, looking back on the seven scores, it'll be seven great scores, given a tremendous begining by JW".

Are you sure Williams isn't doing it, Roald? :mrgreen:

Umm, no I'm not so obsessed with JW that I want his to be the only good scores out there. I hope it will be very good.

~Sturgis

If Williams had not been asked or if a good score by Doyle means no more JW Harry Potter scores, I would want this to be the worst score of all time. Otherwise, I hope it is brilliant!

Umm, no I'm not so obsessed with JW that I want his to be the only good scores out there. I hope it will be very good.

:mrgreen:

I would post that emoticon as a sign of agreement. But I don't post smiley emoticons.

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is way too close to horrible fanboy- talk?

Here we have one of the most eagerly awaited film scores of the year (in my Top 5) and I'd really like it to suck just because Williams didn't write it ... :mrgreen:

Someone (with access to a time machine, of course)

should go back to 1998 and prevent JW from taking over the scoring duties from Doyle on Stepmom.

There would be a karmic realignment, thus enabling JW to do Goblet of Fire.

Simple answer: I don't want it to or think it will.

Just because it's not a JW score, so what? He's not the only composer in the world who can do good stuff, and while I am disappointed that he isn't doing it as a fan, I'm looking forward to see what another composer will do with it.

Does your mind forbid you from liking any score in competition with, or potentially scored by JW? Nope, Doyle's done it, and I'm sure he'll do an admirable job which I'm very much looking forward to hearing.

Well based on what I've heard, namely the "Story Continues..." track, it's pretty generic. I don't want the score to suck, because the movie may suffer at its hands. I want the score to be functional, and I want to enjoy the magic if it makes a good CD. I think wanting something to fail just to prove that JW is better or some shit, is just plain silly.

Tim

I hope Doyle does a stellar job. I think he's a great composer that deserves some more high profile success.

Wishing suckage on him just because JW is your favorite composer is fanboyish to a disturbing degree.

Wishing suckage on him just because JW is your favorite composer is fanboyish to a disturbing degree.

Well,so is posting here almost every day for the last 5 years I guess...

K.M.

I would be embarrassed to have outsiders see some of the posts in this thread.  Too bad they can't be deleted for sheer idiocy.

Ray Barnsbury

I agree with the esteemed Mr. Barnsbury.

Nerds!

I would be embarrassed to have outsiders see some of the posts in this thread.  Too bad they can't be deleted for sheer idiocy.

Ray Barnsbury

Hey,idiotic posts aren't against the MB rules.

k.M.

Why would I be so petty(not the singer) that I would wish Doyle to fail? I have gotten over the phase as Williams fan when I deny all other music of having value and wishing ill for other composers in fear that somebody could write as good music as Williams(heavens forbid!). That is just childish (but oh how tempting! :shakehead: ). But everyone can hate Doyle and wish him ill in their own privacy. I wish Doyle luck and hope he has written a good successor to Williams' scores.

Doyles is one of the best film composers alive and I love the Potter book/movie series. Doyle is an excellent choice to succeed Williams and he was my personal pick to score Azkaban when it was looking like Williams might not do it. I wish Doyle the best and can't wait to hear what he comes up with! Petty is indeed the word to describe all of you who think otherwise!

Jeff - ashamed to be a Williams fan when I read threads like this