Similiar JW cues

BurgaFlippinMan

What cues/tracks of JW do you think sound similiar? So far, I've picked out:

The Burning of the Plantation from The Patriot (about 4:10 onwards) sounds like a true ancestor of Anakin's Betrayal. Marion's theme is also similiar to Han and Leia, though I dont count Han and Leia and Princess Leia's theme, because Han and Leia was intentionally a evolution of Princess Leia. What else have you guys noticed?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Ticket from Last Crusade and Gilderoy Lockhart from Chamber of Secrets.

Liberty Fanfare and SpaceCamp End Credits

Epilogue from War of the Worlds and Cybertronics from A.I.

Chase Through Coruscant from AotC and Quiddich Match from CoS

Window to the Past and the theme from Jane Eyre

Ballroom Scene in Witches of Eastwick and the post landing cue in Amazing Stories,The Mission

General Grevious from RotS and Escape from the City in War of the Worlds

K.M.

-Ludlow's Demise (Lost World) - Quidditch Match (Philosopher's Stone) - Anderton's Great Scape (Minority Report).

-Growing Up in Whittier (Nixon) - Regaining A Son (Seven Years in Tibet)

-"American Journey" - most 90's scores

-Cinque's theme (Amistad) passage from 2'19'' to 2'30'' - Angela's Ashes

-Ludlow's Demise (Lost World) - Quidditch Match (Philosopher's Stone) - Anderton's Great Scape (Minority Report).

Wow, how could I have never noticed this in the strings! IMHO this is easily the most blatant so far. This could be Williams' very own '4 note motif'! Yea, I know, its only 3 movies. :)

Dobby the House Elf from CoS and Nocturnal Activities from ToD

btw, that running strings motif being talked about also appears in Dueling with the Basilisk, albeit slightly, 'mutated' :mrgreen:

"The Trip to Earth" from Superman and "The Asteroid Field" (slight melodic similarity). Also, "Immigration and Building" from American Journey and "The Land Race" from Far and Away.

Ray Barnsbury

Wow, how could I have never noticed this in the strings! IMHO this is easily the most blatant so far. This could be Williams' very own '4 note motif'! Yea, I know, its only 3 movies. :mrgreen:

It's also in "The Spiders" from CoS. I think that's all of them.

Ray Barnsbury

Wow, how could I have never noticed this in the strings! IMHO this is easily the most blatant so far. This could be Williams' very own '4 note motif'! Yea, I know, its only 3 movies. :P

Ray Barnsbury

Where exactly does it appear in The Spiders? I've tried listening but can't quite place it. Ok, there is one part around 3:30++ which may have it, but its quite a stretch. :mrgreen:

I always have thought Miracle of the Ark is very similarly constructed as the Face of Voldemort. THey even run the same length. The Ark motif is basically three notes as is the Philosopher stone motif.

Across the Star B section can be found in Catch Me if You Can main titles around 1:55-2:13. It is a variation of it but it is still there quite plain to hear.

And I just few weeks back noticed the Burning of the Plantation and Anakin's Betrayal connection. Similar scenes (in some way) have similar music.

Wow, how could I have never noticed this in the strings! IMHO this is easily the most blatant so far. This could be Williams' very own '4 note motif'! Yea, I know, its only 3 movies. :mrgreen:

Ray Barnsbury

It has been in almost all of his action scores since the Lost world. Like a new trademark

Sometimes is just a 10 second quote.

It's not on TPM and AI ( think) and possibly not in ROTS

It's on the AOTC arena (ten seconds)

It's on War of the Worlds (the cue that starts the film edit of the credits)

There are more, but i dont remember now.

You mean at the very beginning of the track? It's close in rythm, but the notes aren't the same.

~Sturgis, who also noticed that three-track connection

There is a pizzicato string part in "Lupin's Transformation/Chasing Scabbers" that sounds like "Escape from Peru" from Raiders

"The Banquet" from Sorcerer's Stone sounds like the toy store music from Home Alone 2

"The Quidditch Match" from SS contains a lot of Williams trademark action music devices, always reminds me of ROTJ battle music.

Jeff - who listened to all three Harry Potter scores last night

You mean at the very beginning of the track? It's close in rythm, but the notes aren't the same.

~Sturgis, who also noticed that three-track connection

I was wrong, its track 6.

And in ROTS its in 'The Boys continue' part I (between Yoda's fall and Yoda's Crawl)