Just bought John Goldfarb

David Vincent

You are Pseudo-completist then :P. Probably your denomination would be 'Collector'.

BTW, WTF? I would have to listen to the score again, but it is not that bad. It's not star wars of course, but I'm sure there were be a couple of tracks worthwhile.

You are Pseudo-completist then :P. Probably your denomination would be 'Collector'.

Needing to have every single John Williams title (whether film music or otherwise) -- a good representation of everything he's composed, regardless of quality -- qualifies as 'completist' in my book, but we've discussed this before. A bit different type than the one you have in mind, maybe, but no less within the definition. It's certainly more than just a 'collector'.

If I'd follow this logic, I should listen only to Mozart and Bach. C'mon, we're not talking about disgusting music... there's much worse stuff around (even if we look just at film music).

No, if you follow this logic you don't squander your time with disposable fluff.

As long as you enjoy and treasure what you spend your money on as you collect, then it's all good. If you feel compelled to buy everything just to look at it on the shelf but never listen to it, you certainly have that right. You keep the economy humming. If you do listen to it, than that's great. I know I have bought a lot of stuff that so far, I've just looked at, and either need to bump it up in the listening queue, or smash the CD into tiny bits, because I certainly can't give away a used CD..... (...) If you only buy a select number of things but listen to and love it all, that's good to. And finally, if you buy what you want and rip the quote/unquote missing bits from other sources, guess what? You got away with it. Good job.

If I'd follow this logic, I should listen only to Mozart and Bach. C'mon, we're not talking about disgusting music... there's much worse stuff around (even if we look just at film music).

No, if you follow this logic you don't squander your time with disposable fluff.

Thanks for your always precious life-lessons, but I think I have already pretty rock-solid musical taste, so save your words next time.

It also just occured to me that another JW comedy score from the 60's that doesn't have an existing album rerecording - GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN - would be far easier to make a decent album program out of. Not as good as if a professional album producer had done it, of course, but I think it's worth a shot.

Dude, the FSM is the oficial original OST release, so live with that C&C :P

I have so far. But in cases such as these, where there is no previous album alternative, I'm kinda forced to make an album program myself with my amateur skills. Not ideal, but what can you do? I've transferred the CD to iTunes anyway, so if I could make a half-way decent program of GOLDFARB, I guess I could do the same with GUIDE. Maybe I'd play it more often then.

I have so far. But in cases such as these, where there is no previous album alternative, I'm kinda forced to make an album program myself with my amateur skills. Not ideal, but what can you do? I've transferred the CD to iTunes anyway, so if I could make a half-way decent program of GOLDFARB, I guess I could do the same with GUIDE. Maybe I'd play it more often then.

question, if there was a rerecording that was C&C of a score that only had a OST, would you rearrange the Rerecording to be like the OST?

question, if there was a rerecording that was C&C of a score that only had a OST, would you rearrange the Rerecording to be like the OST?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I would try to avoid rearranging stuff myself, whatever the source is. I want to leave that to the album producer and just press 'play'.

But in cases such as GOLDFARB, GUIDE etc., where there aren't any album program alternatives, I might -- MIGHT -- just try to fool around with the tracks a bit myself. It will not be as good as a professionally produced album, but in most cases better than a C&C.

I meant if the OST is not C&C, but the Rerecording was, would you arrange the Rerecording into the same arrangement as the OST?

I meant if the OST is not C&C, but the Rerecording was, would you arrange the Rerecording into the same arrangement as the OST?

My mind is blown.

This thread has shown me the light. Screw Star Wars, E.T., Indy, Superman and Jaws. John Goldfarb is clearly JW's greatest achievement.

We are all glad you have finally come to understand the power of Fawz!

I probably wouldn't buy such a rerecording in the first place.

• 2 years later...

10256589_10152249794110326_7947708070648

"From the Archives:" Score page from 'Johnny' Williams' score to the 1965 film "John Goldfarb, Please Come Home!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152249794110326&set=a.10150658466000326.393754.62282245325&type=1&theater

• 6 years later...