The John Williams Screen Credits Site (WIP)

thx99

Aw, my old beloved project!!  I pretty much abandoned it when my service provider (Cox) pulled the plug on their website support.  The site was never anything fancy to look at, but it got the job done.  I always meant to pick it back up at some point and re-host/update it, but I never did.  I continued to gather materials for the update but never finalized any of the screen caps.

Here's what's on archive.org for the site: https://web.archive.org/web/20090707024300/http://members.cox.net/towner1/jwscreencredits_main.html

Not all of the images are archived there, but some of them are still accessible.

Thanks! Shame it went away. It didn't necessarily provide any new information, but it was a great visual tribute to the man.

39 minutes ago, thx99 said:

I always meant to pick it back up at some point and re-host/update it, but I never did.  I continued to gather materials for the update but never finalized any of the screen caps.

The good news is that it's never too late to relaunch it! :)

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The picture doesn't show.

Hmm.. weird, I can see it.  I've deleted and re-attached the image.  See it now?

So here's an interesting screen credit that I just found on YouTube.  The 8mm home version of The Empire Strikes Back which has a brief opening credits sequence without the crawl:

80_SWTESB_8mm_title.png

80_SWTESB_8mm_JW.png

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Because the crawl would be too blurry?

Perhaps, but more likely because it would have occupied too much real estate on the 8mm reels.  The above credits were taken from a 2-reel, 35-minute distillation of the film:

• 3 months later...