The John Williams Screen Credits Site (WIP)

thx99

Mmm getting the john Williams credits out of Superman Returns is going to be hard. The text doesnt stop at all :roll:

Are the Williams credits included in the scrolling end credits, or are they part of a continually-moving opening credits sequence?

I've had to extract both kinds already (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for the former, Superman for the latter), and it's just a matter of finding the right image to capture. Granted, the motion is lost in a still image but short of creating small video clips instead, there's not much I can do.

In superman returns, in the opening sequnece a la Superman the movie is like this:

'Superman Theme Composed by

John Williams'

but unlike all the credits text, they do not come, stop and go. They just come and go, being motion-blur all the time :)

I dont know if Williams is credited more in the end credits

Great work in geting this one to Doug, Eric :music:

By the way, I believe that there is another music credit on the end, but i'm not sure if it's only for Hal Mooney, who served as music director.

The source, as far as I know is a dvd transfer from tv broadcast.

I updated the site with the following (thanks again to Eric McClellan!):

- ALCOA PREMIERE [TV] - "FLASHING SPIKES" (SEASON TWO) (1962) [Titles and Williams screen credits] 1960-64

- BACHELOR FLAT (1962) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1960-64

- DADDY'S GONE A-HUNTING (1969) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1965-69

- THE PLAINSMAN (1966) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1965-69

Doug, a number of images aren't opening...

I just went through the site from a PC here at work, and all of the images opened.

Which ones are you having trouble with? :?

The 65-69 page.

But is probably a problem with my conection, as I've jsut tried again, and diferent images showed this time.

Well, considering that was one of the pages I added to and subsequently corrected some errors on this morning, maybe you caught it in-between my various adjustments.

Did you try refreshing the page (not sure if that will really help but worth a shot)?

I updated the site with the following (thanks once again to Eric McClellan!):

- NONE BUT THE BRAVE (1965) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1965-69

- SERGEANT RYKER (1968) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1965-69

• 1 month later...

I updated the site with the following:

- BACHELOR FLAT (1962) [Title and Williams screen credits] (replaced submitted full screen images with widescreen images) 1960-64

- MONSIGNOR (1982) [Title and Williams screen credits] (replaced previous full screen digital cable captures with widescreen digital cable captures) 1980-84

• 5 months later...

- CINDERELLA LIBERTY (1973) [Titles and two Williams screen credits] [replaced digital cable captures with DVD captures] 1970-1974

I like the fact that this excists, even though it serves no logical purpose!

I can't really argue with you on that point. It just sounded like a neat idea so I ran with it. :P

• 1 month later...

I have updated the site with the following (thanks to Eric!):

- BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG (1960) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1960-1964

- NIGHTMARE IN CHICAGO [TV] (1964) [Title] 1960-1964

• 3 months later...

Can I give you a bit of advice?

You should have all the links to the various years at the bottom of each page as well. Every time I've viewed all the images I have to scroll back up to go to another year.

A "Next" and "Previous" link might also help.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, soem credits not yet featured on your website:

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (1980/2006)

supes2donner1.jpg

supes2donner2.jpg

supes2donner3.jpg

supes2donner4.jpg

Superman Returns (2006)

supesreturns1.jpg

supesreturns2.jpg

supesreturns3.jpg

supesreturns4.jpg

Feel free to use these, of course. :D

Can I give you a bit of advice?

You should have all the links to the various years at the bottom of each page as well. Every time I've viewed all the images I have to scroll back up to go to another year.

A "Next" and "Previous" link might also help.

Thanks for the advice and excellent suggestions! I definitely need to refine the pages a bit so that it's easier to navigate. Unfortunately, I have limited website production skills so it may take some time before I come up to speed with what's possible and manageable.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, soem credits not yet featured on your website:

Feel free to use these, of course. ;)

Fantastic additions! I can't thank you enough for these. I'll add them ASAP, with proper credit of course. :D

Here are some more for you.

Excellent! Thanks for the submissions.

I greatly appreciate everyone's efforts to expand the collection of images.

:)

- HEARTBEEPS (1981) [Title and Williams screen credits] [replaced VHS captures with DVD captures] 1980-1984 [COURTESY OF NEIL S. BULK]

- SUPERMAN II - THE RICHARD DONNER CUT (1980) [Titles and Williams screen credits] 1980-1984 [COURTESY OF MR. BREATHMASK]

- Navigation options added to the bottom of each page

This website is really really fabulous!! That was a great way to honor JW, and a really creative one, too. You can almost hear how his music evolves, just by seeing these sites. Bravo, to and excellent, new idea!

This website is really really fabulous!! That was a great way to honor JW, and a really creative one, too. You can almost hear how his music evolves, just by seeing these sites. Bravo, to and excellent, new idea!

Thanks very much for the kind words! As expressed on the home page, the premise of the site was inspired by Steven Hill's Movie Title Screens Page and by a related work-in-progress project with a fellow Williams fan. Credit should also be given to those who have graciously contributed images to the site in an effort to fill in the gaps. I wouldn't have nearly as many featured images if it weren't for them. :)

• 1 year later...

After a very long hiatus, I have updated the site with the following:

- BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG (1960) [Titles and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted captures and added a title]

- THE MAN WHO LOVED CAT DANCING (1973) [Titles and Williams screen credits]

- NBC NIGHTLY NEWS ("The Mission" Theme) (1987-present) [Williams screen credits] [COURTESY OF MIGUEL ANDRADE]

- SUMMER OLYMPICS (BEIJING, CHINA) (NBC BROADCAST) (2008) [Williams screen credits]

• 6 months later...

After another long hiatus, I have updated the site over the past two days with the following (direct links included):

1988 SUMMER OLYMPICS (SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA) (NBC BROADCAST) [Williams screen credits]

1996 SUMMER OLYMPICS (ATLANTA, GEORGIA) (NBC BROADCAST) [Williams screen credits]

2002 WINTER OLYMPICS (SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH) (NBC BROADCAST) [Williams screen credits]

BACHELOR FATHER [TV] (1957-1962)

Title

Williams screen credits for "A Phone for Kelly"

CHECKMATE [TV] (1960-1962)

Title

Titles and Williams screen credits for "Death Runs Wild"

Titles and Williams screen credits for "Terror from the East"

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (1971) [Additional Williams screen credits] [COURTESY OF MICHAEL MATESSINO]

I PASSED FOR WHITE (1960) [Title and Williams screen credits]

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (2008) [Williams screen credits] [COURTESY OF GÜNTHER GERLACH]

KRAFT SUSPENSE THEATRE [TV] (1963-1965)

Main titles

Title for "The Deep End"

Titles for "Once Upon a Savage Night"

SUPERMAN RETURNS (2006) [Titles and Williams screen credits] [COURTESY OF MR. BREATHMASK]

Thank you to those who have contributed to the site! Despite the delays between when you send them to me and when I post them, I keep all of the submitted images on file until such time that I can update the site. Your efforts and patience are greatly appreciated, and keep 'em coming! ;)

Good work!

Thanks! ;)

You next might want to try getting his credit for Great Performances.

You know, I recorded King Lear on my DVR back in March/April for Williams' theme and didn't even think to look for a screen credit! Guess I was so focused on the music that I blanked out. Oh well, I'll make sure to record Great Performances again the next time it's on.

I still think it's funny that Williams' name briefly showed up on the screen during the opening credits for Superman Returns, while Ottman's stayed on just a bit longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have updated the site with the following (direct links included):

JOHN GOLDFARB, PLEASE COME HOME! (1965) [Title and Williams screen credits]

NOT WITH MY WIFE, YOU DON'T! (1966) [Titles and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted captures and added a title]

TOM SAWYER (1973) [Title and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted captures]

WAGON TRAIN [TV] (1957-1965) [Title, and episode title and Williams screen credits for "The Jenny Tannen Story"]

• 3 months later...

2010 WINTER OLYMPICS (VANCOUVER, CANADA) (NBC BROADCAST) [Williams screen credits]

FITZWILLY (1967) [Title and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted captures and added a credit]

GREAT PERFORMANCES [TV] (2009) [Titles and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted title and added two titles]

NONE BUT THE BRAVE (1965) [Titles and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted captures and added a title]

STEPMOM (1998) [Williams screen credits] (COURTESY OF GÜNTHER GERLACH)

• 1 year later...

WAGON TRAIN [TV] [Updated Season 2 title]

WAGON TRAIN [TV] [Episode title and Williams screen credits for "The Beauty Jamison Story"]

WAGON TRAIN [TV] [Episode title and Williams screen credits for "The Kitty Angel Story"]

• 7 months later...

FYI, my site will be down for some time, starting on or about December 6. I will be back at some point, though, with more updates and (hopefully) a complete re-design.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed screen shots and offered encouragement/feedback!!

• 8 years later...

Hey thx, what happened to this site?

Right now, they're doing a quiz on Goldsmith credits over on FSM, and that reminded me of this site you used to host.