Everybody take a chill pill.

Justin

After nearly 4 years on the board I see many newer members getting frazzeled and upset by some of JoeinAr's comments. Now, as entertaining and engaging this is I have to warn you that this is just how Joe works. His comments are almost always made just to piss the other person off. Of course mostly his comments are perfectly sincere, but that's just Joe's "cuttin-through-the-bull-crap" attitude. It's a great element to the board that always insights controversy and a generally interesting "in between new JW scores" period.

I'm not trying to crack open Joe's pysche and reveal his inner demons here. I'm just trying to say that for some of you guys that are really getting upset at Joe should take a chill pill, maybe have a cold shower, eat some breakfast, stretch out some of those sore muscles and just relax. Debating him really doesn't resolve anything. All it will do is piss you off more.

BTW, this all comes from personal experience. ;)

Good you have you back, Joe! :angry:

Justin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do my best not to care . . . that's why I fell asleep ^_^ during his most recent thread.

I value Joe's opinions, but the way they are expressed is sometimes less than tactful.

Of course, are we ever all that tactful around here? :P

~Sturgis

You guys really piss me off sometimes.

"Hey a person who doesn't think the latest Williams score is the best ever...let's get him!"

Well that is the instinctive response Stefan. I have tried to get rid of that habit but it is deep rooted ^_^

Also the "Williams is best and all other film music is crap" attitude is really very irritating. (This coming from a man who shouted "John Williams rules!" on several threads must little hard to swallow but I like other film music than just Williams :P ) But I try to grow out of these childish habits but it is so hard sometimes to watch other people share negative opinions of your favorite composer (the instinctive response is to defend Williams).

"Hey a person who doesn't think the latest Williams score is the best ever...let's get him!"

Is this what you really read here or is it something that you desperately WANT to read? :?

Don't you know me well enough to guess if this is really something I am concerned about, or that i'm just egging everyone on because i'm bored out of my mind because the complete FOTR score has not been released yet?

What is it Roald?

The_Eyes_Shine2.jpg

you remind me of a friend of mine named Ian...

I can't stand him.. but not because he's confrontational... no not at all... I could care less what he believes... it's nice to hear what people believe.

But it's the fact that he's confrontational for the sheer joy of being so.. when deep down, he's just insecure and is down right dead inside... he has no belifs because he doesn't know what to believe... he has no joy or happyness, the only thrill he knows is to play with people's minds...

I don't like him because he's destroyed himself... his potential... who he is... that person is gone... and I find that to be a great travesty...

he has no joy or happyness, the only thrill he knows is to play with people's minds...

There is no greater joy then to prove your superiority over someone else.

It's the only reason why the human race engages in sports of the body (football) and the mind (chess)

I don't like him because he's destroyed himself... his potential... who he is... that person is gone... and I find that to be a great travesty...

Your friend....lost.

I don't engage in games of eaither sort... I don't believe anyone has any real authority over anyone elses actions.

There are certain stipulations to living within a society which have rules but past that... I don't see myself as any greater or worse than any other man/woman/child/fish alive today...

In fact, I find myself to be quite equal to all things, animate and inanimate...

I'm not saying it's the right way... but it's what works for me...

A majority of the time it's fun to watch everyone get bent out of shape over something Joe has posted.

I suspect that Steef and especially Neil have been doing this for years.

BTW, Joe. I'm 18 now.

Justin - Who knew it had to happen sometime...gettin' old....gettin' old... :wave: