That's Our Hitler!!

Lurker

*Looks at own sig*

Oh yeah! I got excited when I saw the name fo the topic...

I'm kinda ashamed I didn't provide the link for the trailer earlier. It wasn't on Apple Trailers, but it's been around for about a week.

EDIT - I forgot to mention, there's no "King of Broadway" number in the film. It was filmed, and the song was recorded (it's a bonus track on the soundtrack), but didn't make the theatrical cut. Very disappointing, it's one of the best songs from the show (and Mel Brooks' favourite, apart from "Springtime", of course). Speaking of the soundtrack, there doesn't seem to be any original underscore in the film (unlike Elfman and Chicago), so the album's entirely songs (except for the overture).

Matthew Broderick always succeeds looking like a kid of 17 years! It is amazing! I bet he'll look like that when he is 70. That funny boyish look on his face. Funny and kinda creepy at the same time:P

I have confess I have not seen Producers. :oops:

Yes I know it is a great shame and when this film comes out maybe I can rectify that.

For some reason I can't seem to watch the trailer. My Quicktime is newer than what is required so I do not understand what is the problem. Damn!

I need to see the original.

Uma looks hot.

Yeah. I also have to see the original. And Uma looks gorgeous!

The Musical is a triumph on so many levels. It is hilarious, offensive to everyone and therefore to no-one (if you see what I mean), the songs are catchy and the lyrics clever (just what you need in a musical) and the characters are brilliantly drawn. It is, after Les Mis, my favourite musical of all time.

I saw the Broadway show years ago, unfortunately Lane had a throat problem so he wasn't in the show that night but it was still amazing, the best musical I've seen.

a movie, based on a musical, based on a movie.

It is very interesting what a HUGE hit the musical has been considering that the 1st movie didn't make much of a splash at all.

It is very interesting what a HUGE hit the musical has been considering that the 1st movie didn't make much of a splash at all.

It only won an Oscar for Best Screenpay and launched Mel Brooks' film career.

Neil

How different is the musical from the original movie screenplay? Is it song for song and word for word? That might not seem right when transposing it to a theater medium, but I don't know anything about the musical. I adore the film, and just about everything Brooks put out in the 70s. He almost could do no wrong back then. It might be hard for me to not think of the old movie when seeing the new one, I hope that doesn't ruin it for me.

Tim

The stage show is quite different. Ulla has a far bigger role (as the love interest for Leo), as do Roger DeBris and his assistant Carmen Ghia. The character L.S.D. doesn't appear in it at all (being a 60s icon and all) but the way they got around that is still hilarious (I won't spoil it though, unless you already know). As well as that there are 16 new songs (as well as the two originals "Prisoners of Love" and of course "Springtime for Hitler", but both being extended respectably).

In terms of dialogue, the scenes in Max's office at the start are almost exactly the same in dialogue, but obviously in the stage version the fountain sequence with Max and Leo isn't in it, as well as various shots of them (and the audience) in the theatre as Springtime plays. However, these have been restored for the movie version and from what I've seen they're very similar to the original scenes.

The ending's very different as well, but again I won't spoil it.

• 15 years later...

Wow I really loved this musical back when I was 17. I really liked musicals in general, now I can’t stand most of them.

The Producers was pretty funny though. The music is great.

I saw Producers on Broadway in 2003 - it was just okay.  I very much prefer the original movie to the musical, stage or film.  I also saw Urinetown on that trip, which I thought was pretty excellent.