51 members have voted

1. 1.

• PoA
    • RotS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like them equally, for different reasons.

POA is a nice move away from what could have been a stale Potter score. Some fantastic tracks and a huge range of styles make this a fun, thoughtful and beautiful score to listen to.

ROTS finishes not only the greatest musical journey film has ever seen, not only does it with some aplomb but also contains a myriad of tightly-woven motifs and sub-themes to form a cohesive whole (although this is sometimes not apparent without listenting to a non-SFX version).

POA is a nice move away from what could have been a stale Potter score. Some fantastic tracks and a huge range of styles make this a fun, thoughtful and beautiful score to listen to.

ROTS finishes not only the greatest musical journey film has ever seen, not only does it with some aplomb but also contains a myriad of tightly-woven motifs and sub-themes to form a cohesive whole (although this is sometimes not apparent without listenting to a non-SFX version).

So which did you vote for? :)

You make good points. I can't choose. POA is a brilliant Potter score and ROTS is aq brilliant SW score so I choose not to review them against each other. Both are fantastic. Complete score releases from both would be nice thank you! :)

I enjoy the first half of POA but then after the Quidditch Match cue I lose a little interest. With ROTS I can listen to the entire CD without losing interest.

RotS,but PoA is very good too.If I was comparing album releases I'd pick PoA,but for the full scores,comparing the unreleased music of both,the final vote goes to RotS.

K.M.

Wow, this is actually pretty close (22-18 as of this post) withPoA pulling out a marginal 10% lead, though I'm voting for PoA also. Better themes, better overall consistency.

Tim

So which did you vote for? :)

Didn't vote.

PoA for me. RotS is also highly excellent, but PoA is still better. But I'm slightly biased, beause I'm quite a fervent Harry Potter fan. I didn't like the PoA movie too much though. The score truly was it's saving grace as far as I'm concerned. :)

POA.

I'm kinda sick of choirs.

Double trouble must be a sore thumb then.

And the Patronus Light

And the Dementor's Converge

And the Finale...

And the repise of Double trouble in the end credits.

:)

And i havent seen the movie, i dont know how many other choral works are there.