Williams Struggling with Munich

Jacck

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I think my JW collection is too big for its own good. It does need better organization though.

Scores: By year of release

Film Series (i just do this with SW, Indy and JP)

Classical pieces (also ordered by year)

There :mrgreen:

I appologize if this has been posted already but just a little tidbit on the soudtrack from the website of vocalist Lisbeth Scott (http://www.lisbethscott.com/news.htm):

"Speaking of magic, just last week I finished working with John Williams and Steven Spielberg on the film “Munich” which comes out on December 24. What a gift!!!! I sang two solos that John wrote for me and basically spent the whole time in tears…it was all so moving. We recorded live with orchestra at Sony and I felt like I was flying, flying, flying on the wings of these inspired creative giants. My head is still up in the clouds somewhere."

I'd say that puts this rumor to rest once and for all.

Sometimes I think my JW collection is too big for its own good. It does need better organization though.

There 8O

It's not as easy when half of your stuff is still at your parents' house and the apartment you're currently renting will serve as a home for only one or two more years.

I appologize if this has been posted already but just a little tidbit on the soudtrack from the website of vocalist Lisbeth Scott (http://www.lisbethscott.com/news.htm):  

"Speaking of magic, just last week I finished working with John Williams and Steven Spielberg on the film “Munich” which comes out on December 24. What a gift!!!! I sang two solos that John wrote for me and basically spent the whole time in tears…it was all so moving. We recorded live with orchestra at Sony and I felt like I was flying, flying, flying on the wings of these inspired creative giants. My head is still up in the clouds somewhere."  

Great info there, thanks! That certainly doesn't sound like the expected Minority Report/WotW type score, which is a good thing.

Ray Barnsbury - still cautious

She better not have been doing moaning woman vocals. ;)

Oh my! That puts me in mind of the montage-scene in Sith where the camera cuts between Padme and Anakin in their respective appartments. It's THE key scene where Anakin decides to follow Mace Windu to help protect Palpatine and save his wife... This scene had SUCH musical potential! The troubled duplicity at work in Anakin's mind, the heartbreaking knowledge that whatever he decides will lead to death. Room for sombre horns perhaps? Certainly a bass clarinet to reflect Anakin's dark brooding? Tragic violins at the point where he makes his fateful decision? What did we get? A bass pedal note and a wailing woman for a couple of minutes. What a wasted opportunity!

There ;)

It's not as easy when half of your stuff is still at your parents' house and the apartment you're currently renting will serve as a home for only one or two more years.

Thats something to take into the equation :/

THANKS DARTH GONZO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You REALLY made my day!!! This is, for me, NEWS! Hope it will be as good as A.I.!!

• 4 weeks later...

Spending the whole time in tears for recording some vocals. What a pro she must be :roll:

Celine Dion said she was in tears when recording "My Heart Will Go On." So it's not uncommon to hear of this.

Jeff -- who wasn't moved to tears but thought her voice was beautiful