Munich trailer

Incanus

Here's link I found in the Moviemusic.com:

http://www.munichmovie.com

Interesting. I had not thought it would be something like this. The film totally goes against my expectations but that is a good thing. I hope it will be good. The trailer did peak my curiosity.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea. This movie will have probably both suspence and sombre elegiac music. The main character seems to be torn by his "work" and his beliefs and family. Great workings for a classic Williams theme :P

The fanfares are out of question I guess. ;)

The colors of the trailer look a bit bleached, as if we are watching an old 70s movie (could be the low resolution). Other than that, I'm into it. At least Bana is a more interesting actor than Cruise. Filmically, I hope it has more balls than Amistad (which to me is nothing more than a tame TV movie)

The colors of the trailer look a bit bleached, as if we are watching an old 70s movie (could be the low resolution). Other than that, I'm into it. At least Bana is a more interesting actor than Cruise. Filmically, I hope it has more balls than Amistad (which to me is nothing more than a tame TV movie)

I'm hoping that's a deliberate affect to give a 70's feel. Definitely curious to see what Kaminski comes up with on this one.

As far as Bana being more interesting than Cruise, I'm not sure I get the validity of that point. Bana certainly looks like he would be better for this part, but I don't think that takes anything away from Cruise and what he has done so far in his career, which is much more impressive than Bana's at this point.

I'm hoping that's a deliberate affect to give a 70's feel. Definitely curious to see what Kaminski comes up with on this one.

As far as Bana being more interesting than Cruise, I'm not sure I get the validity of that point. Bana certainly looks like he would be better for this part, but I don't think that takes anything away from Cruise and what he has done so far in his career, which is much more impressive than Bana's at this point.

As an actor, Bana can tell a story that plays underneath his facial expression, something Cruise can only dream about. I noticed that quality in 'Troy', where he easily overshadowed Pitt. Imagine Cruise playing the part of Hector (Bana's character in Troy): yes, we would all laugh. Now imagine Bana playing the hit man in Collateral. He could do it without even trying.

If it hadn't been such a rushed movie, I would be sure it has a lot of possibilities. But a movie that is made in less than 6 months, even considering Spielberg's ability to shoot fast... I hope he didn't screw it up just to release it for the Oscar's consideration (though it's true that taking into account this poor movie year, if Spielberg makes a good movie, the movie could have lots of possibilities).

I just hope this movie is good. And I think I love the look of it. For Spaniards out there, it's very 'Cuentame' :P

Munich is not a special effects movie so it is natural it takes less time to complete it. The shooting of Catch Me If You Can took 58 days if I remember ocrrectly so if the movie has been in post production for a month or more there should be no hurry to complete it (the recording of music should take about 2 weeks for a movie like this but that is just my estimate). ROTK was delivered 2 days prior to the absolute final delivery date.

Munich will have no problemwith the delivery of the film I am sure.

As for the quality of the film I can't say. I wait and see it. I have no particularly high expectations but the trailer piqued my interest.

Maybe Williams has been asked to compose in his good old early 70s mode again, complete with bongos, triangle and wah-wah guitar.

Maybe Williams has been asked to compose in his good old early 70s mode again, complete with bongos, triangle and wah-wah guitar.

As Darth Vader might say:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!

I`m really interested in seeing this movie now...though i still think that the topic is enormously difficult and i fear that some people (probably palestinians) could feel insulted by that movie, but then again, Spielberg´s usually positively surprising in those things...

I`m really interested in seeing this movie now...though i still think that the topic is enormously difficult and i fear that some people (probably palestinians) could feel insulted by that movie, but then again, Spielberg´s usually positively surprising in those things...

I read an article in a local paper that said the screewriter is actually know to be more pro-palestinian than Israeli.

Let's see how Spielberg plays this out. Afterall, there are no versions of the truth.

The trailer looked very, very interesting. This is nº1 must see film of this fall.

"Ugly" is an effect.

It's effected every Spielberg film since The Lost World.

Neil

I must disagree. Of course, it wasn't about beautiful snapshots, but the cinematography in Saving Private Ryan is very impressive.

As an actor, Bana can tell a story that plays underneath his facial expression, something Cruise can only dream about. I noticed that quality in 'Troy', where he easily overshadowed Pitt. Imagine Cruise playing the part of Hector (Bana's character in Troy): yes, we would all laugh. Now imagine Bana playing the hit man in Collateral. He could do it without even trying.

We're usually on the same page, but we definitely disagree here. I think Bana did an average job at best in The Hulk and I really wasn't that impressed with him in Troy. And I could not imagine him playing Vince.... Cruise owned that from the start.

"Ugly" is an effect.

Neil

I'm really surprised by that statement. I thought Saving Private Ryan, Minority Report and most of A.I. were photographed very well.

Now as far as Catch Me if You Can or The Terminal, I could have probably handled that. :(

I never worry about the quality of a Spielberg film, he has never disappointed me. I don't see how this will be different.

and most of A.I. were photographed very well.  

Especially the apartment scenes (first act).

Too bad you have so little faith in Bana. Luckily, me and spielberg think differently :( .

no doubt Kaminski almost always shoots an ugly picture, he's a terrible DoP, its almost like he's afraid of color, and believe me the 70's were full of color.

as for Alex idiotic comments about Amistad, sorry bub, but there is no way that you see a group of slaves being chained

and tossed overboard on tv.

As for his comments about Bana vs Cruise, his credibility is destroyed by those comments. Cruise, who I am not a big fan of is easily as good an actor as Bana, who really doesn't have much of a resume to allow for Alex's comments anyways.

Oh he was great in Finding Nemo...... LOL

And you ever seen Bana's performance in Chopper?

never even heard of it, but like I said, Bana's resume is still rather short.

and most of A.I. were photographed very well.  

Especially the apartment scenes (first act).

Too bad you have so little faith in Bana. Luckily, me and spielberg think differently :( .

I have faith in the fact that Spielberg cast him for a reason. I think this could be the film that makes me a believer out of Bana and from what I've seen of the trailer, so far so good.

I never worry about the quality of a Spielberg film, he has never disappointed me. I don't see how this will be different.

Yes. I'm really excited about this film now. It's time Spielberg came back to the Oscars.

never even heard of it, but like I said, Bana's resume is still rather short.

Keanu Reeves has a lengthy resume, yet he's still a lousy actor.

Marian - who doesn't know much Bana, but liked him in the lousy Troy (and a Bana/Pitt contest isn't fair there, since I thought Pitt to be horribly miscast).

Hmmm...I would not say he's a lousy actor as much as a very limited one.

He fails when he tries to reach beyond his scope.

Roger Moore has never been a very diverse actor but as long as he lifts up his eyebrow brings his personal charme on screen he's very effective.

"Ugly" is an effect.

I'm really surprised by that statement. I thought Saving Private Ryan, Minority Report and most of A.I. were photographed very well.

Minority Report especially.

Munich looks interesting, should be quite good, I didn't know much about the plot but I'm intrigued. :flush:

Should provide for a good score, too.

~Sturgis

as for Alex idiotic comments about Amistad, sorry bub, but there is no way that you see a group of slaves being chained

and tossed overboard on tv.

Jeez. . If if what you're saying is true, Amistad is still a tame TV movie, if not for its content, then certainly for how this movie is made. I felt I was watching an average courtroom drama and it's in this catagory that Amistad belongs.

As for his comments about Bana vs Cruise, his credibility is destroyed by those comments.  Cruise, who I am not a big fan of is easily as good an actor as Bana, who really doesn't have much of a resume to allow for Alex's comments anyways.

Yes, yes, yes, Alex's comments are idiotic comments. Really, don't you have anything toughtful to say? You don't need an long resume to possess the quality I'm talking about (you probably don't even understand what I'm talking about). I tell you again, Cruise doesn't have it. He isn't exactly known for giving his characters much depth. He's just a shallow shell who happens to be very good at playing 'cockiness'. That's why he's so big with the gum-chewing plebs, the same people that are responsible for making Usher and Mariah Carey the biggest selling artists of 2005. It's crystal clear, Cruise can't play Hector. He can't pull off the emotional duality that Bana brought forward so sensitively (and I'm not a fan of the film). Again, I'm sure people would laugh if he tried. Tom Cruise could easily play Achilles though.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Hmmm...I would not say he's a lousy actor as much as a very limited one.

I suppose you could put it that way. He was very good in the Matrix movies for example, but he didn't have that much to act there. I also liked him in Something's Gotta Give. But I still say, when he really tries to *act*, he's lousy.

Marian - *ahem* Much Ado About Nothing *ahem*

Roger Moore has never been a very diverse actor but as long as he lifts up his eyebrow brings his personal charme on screen he's very effective.

He effectively made me stop watching Bond movies.

Marian - :flush:

Alex you forget the rather outsanding acting job Cruise managed in Born on the Fourth of July.

I've yet to see Bana reach that far. And to laud him for a role in a mediocre greek epic, well....

Still this movie looks very good, and Bana looks like he is going to be very good in it.

Oh boy, this one's gonna be a biggie. It's gonna present a lot of uneasy truths and be a cause for a lot of soul-searching and no small amount of fury, 'round these parts. This is a whole different ball-game for Spielberg. I hope he takes it on all the way, you can't do something like this half-assed.

Cinematography could be plain unattractive, but I definately see potential for it being great, as well. A real 70's look.

The actors are a bit more of a problem for me, as they are playing my countrymen (the accents seem like they're going to be less than great), but all in all, I like all the actors involved, and hope they'll deliver the goods.

IMO Bana did a fine job in Black Hawk Down and Troy. IMO Cruise did a fine job in Mission:Impossible, Magnolia, War of The Worlds, Collateral. I don't understand the fuss. Cruise is wrong for this part, so Spielberg didn't cast him. Where's teh problem?

The actors are a bit more of a problem for me, as they are playing my countrymen

Weren't you born in New Jersey? Are you now an Israeli citizen?

Neil

My family emigrated to Israel. I live in Israel, have an American and Israeli citizenship. I haven't lived in the US in a very long time, and thus, I do call Israel my country. I am still an American, but seeing as I live here, and will be living here for a few years at least, Israelis are my countrymen.

Morlock- who understands English and Hebrew perfectly, but when it comes to speaking Hebrew, is at about 85% of your average Israeli

I havent' the foggiest how you Europeans love your children, so, unfortunately, I am unable to determine the point.

What IS the capital of New York anyway?

Albany.