Score competition #3 The Patriot vs. Independence Day

chs058

Wich score (not film) is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• Independence Day
    • The Patriot

I know i'ts a little unfair, since only one of the scors is Williams, but I think Independence day has the best Arnold score. And both films are by the same director.

After Jaws (26) wins over Jurassic Park (21), and AI (25) beats very narrow HP (24), this is the third score competition.

Curious on the result.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some online stores might carry it, or if your lucky you will find someone on eBay who will auction it for 100$.

Best way to get it is to trade it with another sound track lover, best way to get rare and unreleased stuff, period.

Stefancos- who has spoken.

Talk about a lose-lose situation! Couldn't you muster up any better candidates? This is too eerily like a real election, for my tastes.

Figo, reluctantly casting his vote for the lesser of two evils (i.e., The Patriot).

But then I guess it's up to the Supreme Court to decide. :roll:

:P There aren't alway two masterpieces in everybodys opinion to vote for, maybe next time.

Althought I think both scores are very good, not top ranking, but almost excellent.

the next competition could be Close Encounters vs A.I, or Schindler's List vs E. T(since those 2 are often regarded as Spielberg's best films).

Both films are in away good, and in another way only ridiculous, but I asked about the score, not the film!!!!

So please do not dicuss the movies but the music!

IMO the music is in both films better then the films.

Williams beats Arnold easily in my opinion. I like Arnold's work but it has gotten too "predictable" and nowhere near his work for Stargate.