• Battle of the Heroes, ROTS
    • Anakin's Betrayal, ROTS
    • General Grievous, ROTS
    • Other, please specify

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only prequel themes that is ever relevent is Duel of the Fates, and Anakin's Theme,none other matter, certainly none from the last two prequels.

Of the Potter films, Hedwig's theme, Fawkes, Chamber of Secrets, Buckbeak, and Window to the Past are all brilliant, but I chose the best ..... Hedwig's theme.

the only prequel themes that is ever relevent is Duel of the Fates, and Anakin's Theme,none other matter, certainly none from the last two prequels.

Careful you don't step in the bullshit, people.

I don't know what to vote for. Anakin's Theme, Duel of The Fates, Qui Gon's theme or Hedwig's theme.

I'd say Fawkes the Pheonix. I might even say this was JW's best theme EVER. Whilst it would be impossible to invent the tune yourself, the miracle is it flows like it's always existed, like it wrote itself...

The Force theme.....oh wait.

No, I picked "Fawkes". I think the Family theme from the first two Potter films should be up there. It's most gloriously heard in "Leaving Hogwarts". It's one of my faves...

General Grievous is too close to Hegwig's theme.

Tim

I think the Family theme from the first two Potter films should be up there. It's most gloriously heard in "Leaving Hogwarts". It's one of my faves...  

Mine too, for sure. "Leaving Hogwarts" never fials to give me goosebumps.

In any case, I'll go with Fawkes...such a warm, noble, uplifting, poignant, flowing theme. Just wonderful.

Ray Barnsbury

I voted for "Other," because my favorite theme is the theme used in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosophers Stone" when the snake escapes the cage, when Mr. Longbottom flies, during the Quidditch match and as one theme in the part of the end credits popularly known as "Hedwig's theme."

It's also in "Prisoner of Azkaban" when Harry takes off on his new broom at the end.

If you say you're voting for Hedwig's theme, you're really voting for two themes.

Grievous. Both of them are excellent (elevator and Track 13), I just wish there were more. :)

And what exactly is the Mustafar theme? Is that the one at about 2:38 in Anakin vs. Obi Wan (It also appears in Battle of the Heroes, but I don't care to find the time.)?

I voted for "Other," because my favorite theme is the theme used in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosophers Stone" when the snake escapes the cage, when Mr. Longbottom flies, during the Quidditch match and as one theme in the part of the end credits popularly known as "Hedwig's theme."  

It's also in "Prisoner of Azkaban" when Harry takes off on his new broom at the end.  

That's commonly known as the Nimbus 2000 theme, despite its lack of much connection to the broom stick. I agree that it's a fantastic theme, one of the best two from the first score and still one of the strongest overall.

Ray Barnsbury

The Mustafar theme plays at the 50 second mark on Enter Lord Vader.

Well that was disappointing. I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss... Anyways, is there a name for the "theme" that I mentioned? (asks the humble newbie to his omniscient superiors)

Anyways, is there a name for the "theme" that I mentioned? (asks the humble newbie to his omniscient superiors)

The part you're talking about is just the build to the "Heroes" theme. It's still part of that same theme, and not something on its own. Hopefully someone else can back me up on that.

Tim

That's commonly known as the Nimbus 2000 theme, despite its lack of much connection to the broom stick. I agree that it's a fantastic theme, one of the best two from the first score and still one of the strongest overall.

Ray Barnsbury

I used to call it the flying theme, but since it's used in the scene at the zoo, it can't really be called that.

Of course, John Williams used Yoda's theme in ESB when Yoda wasn't present, so why not use the flying theme (which was the theme's debut) in a scene that has nothing to do with flying?

I voted for Dobby's theme. As a concert piece it is very engaging. Not as dramatic as others, but very colorful. And it deserves at least one vote for being so well orchestrated.

I voted Hedwig's theme, just because it has confirmed that JW can still do what he does best: establish a remarkable piece of music that defines not only a whole film but a whole series of films.

Really hard but I picked across the stars. That literally put me to tears the first time i really heard it and understood it. But Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, Double Trouble, Anakin's Theme, and Anakin's Betrayal are amazing too, really close.

I also like  Anakin`s Betrayal but I don`t

concider it as a theme.

beerchug

Now, if only some of our fellow members would get wise to that fact.

Jeff -- being thematically anal

Yes, it is a theme. It actually comes from Attack of the Clones (the scene of Anakin's confession). In addition to its use in "Padme's Visit," you can hear parts of it in "The Immolation Scene" and at the end of "It Can't Be."

I voted for Hedwig's Theme.

It came down to Fawkes vs. Window to the Past vs. Hedwig's Theme

I went with Window to the Past, as it is the least neutral and most emotional of the three.

Other notable mentions include Harry's Wonderful World, Grievous, and Double Trouble.

I voted for Grievous. I just hope people know his theme is not Track 5 on the OST.

EDIT: Actually, it is nice to see such a small theme as Grievous' winning right now.

What are you talking about?! The Grievous theme is on the track 5 on the OST.

I voted for Grievous. I just hope people know his theme is not Track 5 on the OST.

EDIT: Actually, it is nice to see such a small theme as Grievous' winning right now.

I'm not hearing it, not even in variations.

Tim

Yes, it is a theme. It actually comes from Attack of the Clones (the scene of Anakin's confession). In addition to its use in "Padme's Visit," you can hear parts of it in "The Immolation Scene" and at the end of "It Can't Be."

Where's that confession scene exactly?

"I'm good at fixing things. Always have been. But I couldn't..."

"I killed them. Not just the men, but the women and the children. They were animals, and I slaughtered them like animals."

But listen to the entire scene. Before the Emperor's theme, you hear the same eight notes as the "Lament" theme (actually, the second "Lament" theme which starts over a minute into the cue).

I'm not hearing it, not even in variations.

Tim

Grievous theme is actually 7 notes long so perhaps it is better to call it a motif. And it is there in many forms. There is the more elaborate march version of his theme but the basic 7 notes make up the motif. Listen to track 5 0;27-30 and you hear muted horns perfoming it. 2;21-2;40 there are heavy variations of it. 3;03-3;09 once again as well as 3;25. The whole bloody cue is full of variations of it.