FSM's First Podcast is about Geisha

Lurker

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the second oboe on "As the Water..." sounds like since it was subsequently dropped for the album, and I wonder if it's in the movie. It's interesting to know that a lot of the cues were done by trial and error, in mixing up the instruments chosen to play certain melody lines and whatnot. These guys really backed Williams on this score, and I'm thrilled with their viewpoint, which is similar to mine. I think it was vital to point out that Williams has his own take on Eastern music, and still manages to capture his own voice.

The crack about Horner was kinda funny. The crack about Zimmer was even funnier.

I also wasn't expecting the 30 seconds of unreleased RotS music from the Battlefront II game. I liked the variation on the rebel fanfare.

Tim

HOLD ON a tick... how did they get the quality of the BF2 music so good!?

It's much better than the quality of the music files that we have =(

Also, in light of what the Podcast said about mixing up instruments, I wonder why Williams chose to do so little with Perlman. There are only a couple of tracks that he's featured on, and only plays the main Sayuri's theme once ("The Garden Meeting")

Tim

I loved it. It's a great way to keep the spirit of the magazine alive. The forum was great before, but now that you can hear it, it's so much better (especialy being able to hear the specific snippets they're talking about).

The score itself sounds pretty darn magnificent, both from the clips and the descriptions (I haven't listened to the soundtrack.net clips very much). Just from the first cue they play, that woodwind intro is already starting to haunt me.....