The JWFan.net Symphony Orchestra

scissorhands

I know there are a few musicians in this board. I would like to know if there are enough players for each instrument in order to create a full Symphonic Orchestra. And, depending on the result, we'll decide what pieces can be played by this virtual group. So please add your name to the list :mrgreen:

All music composed by John Williams

performed by the JWFan.net Symphony Orchestra

FLUTE: OrchDork, Many, JWFAN4LIFE, muehlopwer, gates_2

PICCOLO: Many, JWFAN4LIFE

OBOE: Snowster, robthehand, Many

ENGLISH HORN:

CLARINET / BASS CLARINET: MAG-SI, Vosk, JackChapple, OrchDork, Many, muehlopwer

BASSOON / CONTRABASSOON:

FRENCH HORN: Ray Barnsbury, Bowie, Alawill, hornist, SeekUYoda, TVG, french horn

TRUMPET: Beowulf, RomanticStrings, jamesie, Magnus, Greg1138, Molaram, Musicmaster, shaunwcomposer

TROMBONE / BASS TROMBONE: StrongBad992648, Kramer

TUBA: Chewie33, Musicmaster

TIMPANI: SturgisPodmore, #1johnwilliamsfan, Datameister, Justin? ;)

PERCUSSION: rsp3studio, SturgisPodmore, Kendal_Ozzel, Composer_Fan, Greg1138, #1johnwilliamsfan, Musicmaster, tjguitar, Datameister

HARP:

PIANO: magical_me, Drax, robthehand, Damo, BurgaFlippinMan, Cerrabore, Lotman, rsp3studio (celesta and organ), saxbabe409, Composer_Fan, shaunwcomposer, gates_2, matmilne, Datameister

VIOLIN: pixie_twinkle, MSM, ChrisAfonso, Omen II

VIOLA: GoodMusician

VIOLONCELLO:

CONTRABASS: chinaismine, Musicmaster

OTHER INSTRUMENTS not commonly used by Williams (guitar, saxophone, etc.)

GUITAR: TommyJohnson, nightscape94, tjguitar

SAXOPHONE: QuestionMarkMan, Orson, Many, saxbabe409, muehlopwer

MELLOPHONE: ashinyobject

SYNTHESIZER: gates_2

WHISTLE: ridan, MrAsterisk

CHOIR (including boychoir)

S:

A:

T: scissorhands, GoodMusician, Composer_Fan

B: stewdog1, Bowie, Snowster, Marian Schedenig, rsp3studio, Cerrabore, jamesie, Trumpeteer

CONDUCTOR: StrongBad992648, rsp3studio, Magnus, OrchDork, Greg1138, shaunwcomposer, Datameister

ORCHESTRATOR/ARRANGER: Datameister

AUDIENCE: Luke_Skywalker, deimos, MrAsterisk, Panthera

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piano.

I know, nothing special. Others here play too, but as long as I post first...

Incidentally, we could all individually record our part of the same piece with absolute precision and layer them all together! Hey, it could happen...

Other pianists don't fear to add your names too. Double piano is sometimes needed, as well as substitutions... :mrgreen: . Or if you play the celesta (Potter) or organ (Monsignor), far better.

Incidentally, we could all individually record our part of the same piece with absolute precision and layer them all together! Hey, it could happen...

Not a bad idea... but I guess the strings group, for example, would sound awful. :?

French horn. Choral - bass part.

I know a trumpetist who would be keen and could/would be involved. And a sax player who is proficient on clarinet and piano and tenor. More persuasion involved to get him to practice/record anything - we'll see...

The world's first Worldwide Philharmonic Orchestra (WPO)

OTHER INSTRUMENTS not commonly used by Williams (guitar, saxophone, etc.)

I thought John Williams was a guitarist... :mrgreen:

By the way, I play guitar and bass. I have a classic guitar and a electric guitar, plus an electric bass. One day or another I'll buy an acoustic guitar too.

I don't play in any band, except for my own virtual band called "No talent", featuring me on guitar, myself on bass and I stealing drums from other songs. ;)

Mirko - who played piano when he was a child (and I still have a keyboard).

I once recorded some John Williams' themes on my electric guitar with the distorsion on. ;)

I lost them now, but some of his most famous themes are very easy to play on guitar (in a simplified way), I used to had Welcome to Jurassic Park, The Superman March, The Imperial March, E.T. Main Theme, plus of course the Raiders March and the Star Wars Main Theme. :mrgreen:

Oh Dio! How did it sound?  :?

Nice translation I see! :mrgreen:

I recorded those just for my own fun, and they sounded quite good, althought I don't really like the sound of my distorsion when recorded. It sounds crappier than what it really is. I know it may sound disturbing thinking of an "electric guitar John Williams", but it was fresh, a new way to listen to my favourite film music themes, expecially if you also like rock music.

It was just a raw idea, I'm sure that if you mix a better sounding guitar with bass and drums you would have a more decent result.

I heard the Raiders March once as an mp3 from a band, it was just an "improvised live chilling", but it was funny anyways.

I play viola... and I have an electric five string violin so technically I can play violin too lol

I also am technically a baritone, but I always would sing bass in church choir but I was occasionally a tenor back up as I can hit most of those notes as well...

I'm just versitle :mrgreen:

I play viola... and I have an electric five string violin so technically I can play violin too lol

I also am technically a baritone, but I always would sing bass in church choir but I was occasionally a tenor back up as I can hit most of those notes as well...

I'm just versitle  :mrgreen:

I'll put you as a tenor, there are more basses for the moment. Anyway, the choral writing of John Williams is quite high in my opinion, it's not very comfortable to sing at times.

do you still have those mp3?

Unfortunately, last July I lost everything I had on my external 160GB Hard Disk, including all my recordings. I had some song completed (though as raw demo versions) and a lot of experiments, like the John Williams ones.

I had composed a classical piece (mixing sampled sounds) inspired by WWE's wrestler Undertaker theme (called "Graveyard Symphony"). I liked the results, thought it sounded more like an horror movie score instead of a funeral march.

I used to have some "nothing" recordings too, 8-10 minutes recordings of me just playing random freestyles stuff. I like to jam.

Maybe I'll start re-recording something one day.

Does knee slapping count as being able to play an instrument?

I tap my fingers on my desk, but I wouldn't call myself a "drummer". :mrgreen:

I play the Clarinet and Trumpet......

However, noting that we're only going to be playing the Maestro's music, I would prefer to play the Trumpet [for obvious reasons]! Now, if we ever play the Clarinet Concerto, I might just have to change my mind and instrument. :angry:

Sign me up for the bass choir.

Marian - afraid the JWFan choir will be limited to things like The Dark Side Beckons.

Not if we make the few female and children members sign up as Soprano and Altos. No countertenor who wants to sing with the Altos? :angry:

I know that some rock bassists (pretty mentally insane) use contrabass instead of the modern electric bass, so you can sign me if no contrabbassist will pop up. :angry:

Not if we make the few female and children members sign up as Soprano and Altos.

By the way, where's Dani?

I play organ and piano, as well as celesta and other keyboard instruments as needed. In addition, you can add me as a bass (vocal) and I can cover percussion as well. I also am a conductor if needed.

Robert Summers Potterton III S.P.C.

www.rsp3.com

I don't know anything about it. I expect it to be fun, but it also seems to me that you need very good hearing - everytime you're not playing, you have to re-tune the timpani.

Marian - who wants to see & hear War of the Worlds live.

I prefer the "tom tom tom tom tom" from The Lost World. It's actually more difficult than it looks, as Marian stated.

rsp3studio, is there any instrument you don't master? :angry: I guess you will end up being celestist (sp?) or percussionist in this orchestra.