Who is going to buy the GoF soundtrack???

Josh500

I thought I would, but I guess I won't. (Cause that would feel like betrayal . . . no, I'm just kidding.) I'm pretty strapped for money right now, what with the RotS and WotW DVDs, Memoirs of a Geisha CD and Titanic DVD (when they come out), movie tickets for MoaG and GoF, and so on . . .

Am I missing out on something???

Is EVERYBODY gonna get the CD (or get it from iTunes)???

Just curious.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not made up my mind yet. I have heard it and some of the music is quite nice. But it just hasn't got that IT in there. I do not know what exactly it is lacking but something sure is not there.

I won't, unless I am somehow overly impressed wen seeing the movie. But I already listened to it once and am more like overly unimpressed. There's no magic, no nice melody's and the action music is severaly lacking, relying more on volume than complicated orchestrations. For the music from the first task, which is a chase scene through the air, there's a lot of slow loud brass (which would go well with the dragon), but since it's a chase scene, I would have preferred something a tad more... fastpaced. I would've liked something like a cross between the first and third year quidditch matches, but new nevertheless. The Nimbus theme shoul'd've been in there, even though Harry flies a Firebolt now. Plus I'm sure I wouldn't have almost fallen asleep during the Voldemort scene is John Williams' Voldemort theme and Fawkes' theme were in there, with some nice choir to back it up. :angry:

I enjoy it, it's really not that bad, but I don't think I like it enough to purchase it. I've heard the whole thing now a few times, it was a good listening experience, nice music, so maybe later I'll get it. The finale is amazing though.

Tim

I've tried, but it looks like Best Buy and Circuit City don't want me to. Neither one of them had it today. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Wal-Mart this time. But I swear, from now on I'm ordering everything online. This is just ridiculous.

I won't get it. It won't here till mid-Decemeber anyway (or at least that happned with PoA, and it was Williams)

This one has songs.

Its very rare that it is not for sale yet...

Songs from bands that are considered alternative here. Maybe if Maria Isabel was on the album... ;)

Yep, sure will. However, I'm not getting it before the movie as usual. Just to try something different, I guess. I have heard several tracks, so I know I'm impressed, but I didn't fall in love with it yet, as with the JW HP's.

Going to see the film opening day, I'm excited, but oddly not nearly as much I was for POA.

Greta

Nope.

IMHO, Doyle's GoF should have been the big rejected score this year, not King Kong ...

Yeah I agree...It should be the other way round.

I may buy it. But I rather see the film first to see how the music goes with the screenplay....considering its not williams its not a bad score.

Going to see the film opening day, I'm excited, but oddly not nearly as much I was for POA.  

It's the same for me. It seems PoA was the culmination (thus far) of my Potter score/film anticipation.

Ray Barnsbury

I can't afford to buy it even if I had any anticipation for it or any interest (since GOF is not that great IMO). I am glad I save 20 € this way :| There are Memoirs to be bought and perhaps Narnia and who knows what other scores there might turn up before Christmas and all come before GOF in the priority of purchase..

-Incanus who just ordered FOTR complete recordings and payed a pretty penny for it-

Well, I got it from my friend.....the internet :|

Listen to it on my way to work today.... baah.

It's hard to imagine that this is LSO. To me they sound like: "ehh.. if we really must... ah well, it's for money..."

It's like Shrek meets Matrix meets Batman..

It's the same for me. It seems PoA was the culmination (thus far) of my Potter score/film anticipation.

Ray Barnsbury

I agree. I remember, a year ago, I was really -- and I mean REALLY -- excited about the movie, largely due to JW's score. I couldn't wait for the album to come out and I couldn't wait for the movie to open. But now I hardly feel any excitement at all. Bummer, actually . . .

:|

Thinking about it, i will get it just if Williams returns for the rest (or at least the majority) of the remaining films. Just for completism shake. And only if i see it for 6 bucks as with the JW ones...

The cd isn't available here before Friday, according to a SATURN employee :/

Ah well, for the time being I got the WotW DVD instead, didn't know it waqs already out here...

(BTW, what kind of price policy is this? One Disc - 19,99€, Two Discs - 22,99€ ... anyone who buys the single one must be really dumb...)

The cd isn't available here before Friday, according to a SATURN employee :/

Ah well, for the time being I got the WotW DVD instead, didn't know it waqs already out here...

(BTW, what kind of price policy is this? One Disc - 19,99€, Two Discs - 22,99€ ... anyone who buys the single one must be really dumb...)

Yeah, I bought mine also at Saturn -- in Vienna. Here it's One Disc for 17.99, Special Edition for 19.99.

:thumbup:

Any idea if Saturn has the GOF score yet?

Marian - who didn't have time today, but will be severely annoyed if he can't find it tomorrow.

No, not yet. They keep telling me it'll arrive on Friday -- but the movie opens on Thursday here in Austria, so the soundtrack actually comes out AFTER the movie's been released. Which is kinda dumb.

:roll:

P.S. Satyr used to have it, but they don't anymore. They get another batch on Friday. :thumbup:

Williams was the only reason I have the Harry Potter Cds and gave in to my wife and went with her to watch the films. I did manage to sit down and listen to Doyle's score on AOL and I must say it's pretty good.

I hate to say this but I'm not suprised by alot of the reactions to Doyle's score even though most of us haven't even viewed the movie yet. I figured people wouldn't be too excited about it since Williams left. I don't know if I'm going watch this film or not but I do know I'll be buying this CD because it is good music even though John Williams did not write it.

I'll probably wait until after the 21st though, I want to see what Varese's club releases are, I want to pre-order the Lost in Space 2 disc set and the new Delerue score Percepto has.

I won't get it. It won't here till mid-Decemeber anyway (or at least that happned with PoA, and it was Williams)

This one has songs.

Its very rare that it is not for sale yet...

Songs from bands that are considered alternative here. Maybe if Maria Isabel was on the album... :wave:

8O

No, not yet. They keep telling me it'll arrive on Friday -- but the movie opens on Thursday here in Austria, so the soundtrack actually comes out AFTER the movie's been released. Which is kinda dumb.

Yeah, I just watched it earlier tonight - the first Potter movie I've seen without having the score. I tried Saturn and Müller without success... will try again tomorrow.

P.S. Satyr used to have it, but they don't anymore. They get another batch on Friday.  :P

Can't afford Satyr.

Marian - who only goes there when he has to (they're a great store, but I'm not rich).

Yeah, I just watched it earlier tonight - the first Potter movie I've seen without having the score. I tried Saturn and Müller without success... will try again tomorrow.

P.S. Satyr used to have it, but they don't anymore. They get another batch on Friday.  :)

Can't afford Satyr.

Marian - who only goes there when he has to (they're a great store, but I'm not rich).

They had it at Steffl on Kärnterstrasse yesterday -- at 19.99, I believe. I listened to that jewel in the store, then decided on the spur of the moment not to buy it. Two things I noticed: first, the cover art looks different (is this the International or European edition?), and second, the track "Harry Potter's Love" is entitled "Harry Potter In Winter."

Other than that, this has got to be one of the worst soundtracks of this year. Doesn't know how it works in the movie, though -- haven't seen it yet.

:)

They had it at Steffl on Kärnterstrasse yesterday -- at 19.99, I believe.

Got it for 13.99 at Saturn today.

the cover art looks different (is this the International or European edition?)

Mine has the poster art with all the Triwizard Champions plus Ron and Hermione standing in front of the lake. It has an inlay above the actual booklet, with the same art but the German title.

Other than that, this has got to be one of the worst soundtracks of this year.

It's a good score. Not an outstanding score, and not as great as Williams' scores (#1 and #3 at least, I remember being underwhelmed by #2 in the beginning, so I'll give the Doyle score some time), but it's certainly nowhere close to being the worst score of any year.

Marian - listening to it for the first time (outside the film).

They had it at Steffl on Kärnterstrasse yesterday -- at 19.99, I believe.

Got it for 13.99 at Saturn today.

the cover art looks different (is this the International or European edition?)

Mine has the poster art with all the Triwizard Champions plus Ron and Hermione standing in front of the lake. It has an inlay above the actual booklet, with the same art but the German title.

Other than that, this has got to be one of the worst soundtracks of this year.

It's a good score. Not an outstanding score, and not as great as Williams' scores (#1 and #3 at least, I remember being underwhelmed by #2 in the beginning, so I'll give the Doyle score some time), but it's certainly nowhere close to being the worst score of any year.

Marian - listening to it for the first time (outside the film).

Yeah, you're probably right -- tell me in a few weeks (or days) what you think of the score. :)