Best "Batman" Movie?  

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Batman Begins
    • Batman
    • Batman Returns
    • Batman Forever
    • Batman and Robin

I have finally seen Batman Begins and, whilst I have my own bat-thoughts on the bat-subject (like, there are really only 3 modern proper Batman movies...), I just wondered how others bat-rated them.....

So - go on then.......which do you think is the bat-best?

For the purposes of this bat-poll, I am only counting the movies from Tim Burton's onwards....

Tune in next week.....same bat-time, same bat-channel....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman Begins renewed my faith in the franchise. I remember seeing the '89 Batman movie in the theater and liking it, but as the years went on I found myself not enjoying it as much. Comparing them, Batman Begins kicks its ass.

Tim

What's wrong about dedicating as much time to Joker as you give to Batman? They're both interesting characters. I've never understood that citicism. At least the villain is brilliantly set up then, unlike Scarecrow, who has more of a cameo than an actual role in Batman Begins.

The guy from your avatar must be watching Batman & Robin, I guess, Vosk.

Batman Returns is the best Batman movie, in my opinion. Maybe more close to Burton's world rather than Batman's own, but it's my favorite.

Batman was ok, interesting art direction (as always from Burton) and good score. Batman Returns was so-so. Batman Forever was a slight improvement, albeit taking a different sort of style and becoming ever so slightly gaudy. My dog's poo looks better than Batman and Robin. Batman Begins, now, imho, this one is up there with superhero movies like Superman I & II, and Spiderman 2.

Batman and Batman Returns equal (although if I had to say, I enjoy Batman more). Batman Returns is cloes behind, Batman Forever is shit and Batman & Robin is, well, worse. :|

While I thought that Batman begins had the most realistic acting, I thought the original burton Batman balanced the fantasy and reality concepts the best. I understand trying to turn it into an adult drama, but I think Burton was more true to the overall feeling of the comic through the decades without completely sacrificing the seriousness or the fantastic. Also, Nicholson was just excellent as the Joker. And any film with Jack Palance gets a boost.

While I thought that Batman begins had the most realistic acting, I thought the original burton Batman balanced the fantasy and reality concepts the best. I understand trying to turn it into an adult drama, but I think Burton was more true to the overall feeling of the comic through the decades without completely sacrificing the seriousness or the fantastic. Also, Nicholson was just excellent as the Joker. And any film with Jack Palance gets a boost.

:| Spot on. 8O

"Batman" is the best. "Batman Forever" is second, because of the look and how Jim Carrey truly brought out the true insanity of the Riddler.

I'll say I never really read the comics, so I don't know if Burton or Nolan stuck closer to the source material. I'm just going on the movies. I think judging two films based on the closeness to the source material is unfair. It's like judging which version of "Pride and Prejudice" is better based on its adherence to the book. All "P&P" films are good on their own merit because they told the story in their own ways.

I liked the way Tim Burton told the story in 1989.

My biggest problem with "Batman Begins" is how advanced most of the technology and weaponry seem to be compared to Burton's films. Are we to say now that Burton's films never existed? No. We have them in our memories, and my memory is of a Batman that seems to have downgraded from a Hummer to a Batmobile and from fancy martial arts moves to a relying mostly on his gadgets.

To my great disadvantage I have not seen Batman Begins but all my friends have praised it. Perhaps I should see it. Still the first Batman movie takes the victory. It was the first and has the right athmosphere and feel to it. Batman Returns was also a good film. Unfortunately after that Schumacher ruined the Batman movies IMO.

Hand down the shark repellent Batspray!

Tim

LOL

Well that was not the one I meant but that Adam West movie is pure gold in comedic sense.

To be honest, I have no need for a Batman movie in my DVD collection. None of them reach the greatness of the best scenes in Superman The Movie. Enough said, methinks.

----------------

Alex Cremers

From the "Batman Score" thread.

To be honest, I have no need for a Batman score in my CD collection. None of them reach the greatness of the best moments of Superman The Movie. Enough said, methinks.

From the "Batman Movie" thread

To be honest, I have no need for a Batman movie in my DVD collection. None of them reach the greatness of the best scenes in Superman The Movie. Enough said, methinks.

How....repetative of you to say :thumbup:

Tim

To be honest, I have no need for a Batman score in my CD collection. None of them reach the greatness of the best moments of Superman The Movie. Enough said, methinks.

Tim

To be honest, I have no need for a nightscape to tell me I have repetitious posts. None of his posts reach the greatness of the best posts of JWfan. Enough said, methinks

Tim

To be honest, I have no need for a nightscape to tell me I have repetitious posts. None of his posts reach the greatness of the best posts of JWfan. Enough said, methinks

And yet, how continually repetative of you to say... ;)

Tim

1. Batman  

2. Batman Begins  

3. Batman Returns  

4. Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm  

5. Batman: The Movie  

6. Batman Forever  

7. Batman and Robin  

FWIW

Exactly!

I really liked the first and last one. I still haven't seen Returns. The two Goldenthal ones have by far the best music, but other than that they're pretty much unwatchable.

Marian - who really liked Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl though.

Marian - who really liked Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl though.

Indeed.....hmmmmm......something to grab hold of......hmmmm....

And yet, how continually repetative of you to say... :thumbup:  

Tim

Neither of you can hold a candle to me, Neil, or Joe.

Bought Batman Begins about a week ago. Watched it three times already. It's dynamite.

So much to enjoy: all the different storylines that perfectly tie up together, the way past and present are mingled, the perfect casting, but most of all: the intensity. You really get to understand Bruce Wayne and why he does what he does. And when he interrogates a thug, you'd almost get scared for him. Now that's an achievement, as it's still a movie about a guy who dresses up like a bat.

Maybe the climax isn't as spectaculair as I expected. And I still prefer the Batmobile from the Burton-movies (no design will ever top that one). But apart from that, I adore Batman Begins.

Looking forward to the sequels... :wave:

Batman Continues

Batman Carries On

Batman Goes On

Batman Persists

Batman Keeps Going

Batman Prolonged

Batman Maintained

Batman Resumes

Batman Perseveres

Batman Endures

Batman Lives