Best "Batman" Movie?  

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Batman Begins
    • Batman
    • Batman Returns
    • Batman Forever
    • Batman and Robin

I've heard the music doc is better on Returns, with actual recording session footage and stuff. I only have Batman, and there Elfman and other talk about the music and its use in the movie, with the music playing in the background, or clips from the film interspersed.

Though some of the stuff told is pretty funny ;) Some guy (producer?) being at the score recording sessions, obviously expecting nothing special, and when themusic starts, he gets his cell phone out to phone someone he knows, saying "do you hear this?" and holding it out to the room... "that's f***ing amazing" and "we have to put out a score only album for this!" ROTFLMAO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only really liked the two Burton movies. I couldn't stand the two cheesy Schumacher ones (although Carrey was born to play the Riddler. The only bit of inspiration in those two films was casting him!). As for Batman Begins, I didn't think it was as great as everyone seems to think it is. Gotham is meant to look gothic. Where were the great forboding cathedrals, the gargoyles, the twisted and dark architecture? It just looked like an ordinary modern American city with a futuristic monorail. I didn't like its gritty realism and it's po-faced approach. It may have been a good film, but it didn't feel like a Batman film. If it had been titled and advertised differently and the central character hadn't been dressed in a Batsuit I might have appreciated it more as a stand-alone picture about some un-named vigilante hero. As it was supposed to be Batman I wasn't convinced. But hey, I'm obviously in the monority here so what do I know? The box office was spectacular and Batman fans seem to like it. I just personally prefer Burton's dark, nightmarish vision. And Michael Keaton IS Batman!

stab.gif

I know how it feels like to be stabbed in the back. Only I can never feel it. :sigh:

I voted for Batman Forever only for the fact that they introduced nipples onto the bat suit. Mega!