SUPERMAN RETURNS - Teaser

Todd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it 4 times at my theater tonight. It is fantastic on the big sceen. I got choked up watching this. The wonderful Williams music and the Brando voice over made my month!

Neil

From what little we've seen, it looks really good. We're desperately in need of good movies anyway. Is it true that they decided not to use Williams' original love theme? If they're using the main title march theme, the love theme should fit just as well. We're sitting on top of the score of the decade here! I want the main march of this flying whatchamacallit to go with the love theme like bacon and eggs, franks and beans, death and taxes, politics and corruption!

I'll have to wait to see it with Harry Potter.The 1X1 inch streaming dial up version does nothing for me.I hope it reminds Potter fans how much better GoF would have been with a Williams score.

K.M.

I'll have to wait to see it with Harry Potter.The  1X1 inch streaming dial up version does nothing for me.I hope it reminds Potter fans how much better GoF would have been with a Williams score.

K.M.

:)

btw, did anyone else think of Burton's Gotham when seeing the large statues outside the Daily Planet?

Hell yeah!

Great trailer! I got goose bumps from that Planet Krypton piece playing in the back ground. It fitted so well in the trailer.

Well, cool trailer, but some scenes look quite fake in my opinion...especially the ones at the end....

Actually I found Brando's voice over rather funny. But then again I find Brando to be rather funny and eccentric. :)

Well, cool trailer, but some scenes look quite fake in my opinion...especially the ones at the end....

Well, they still have about 7 months to work on it :) This was just a teaser to show you that they are, in fact, working on a Superman movie.

Tim, who watched a few more times when he got up this morning.

Well I was not expecting the huge effects shots to appear in the teaser either. For a teaser trailer it was a good one.

One thing the trailer made me do was to listen to Williams' excellent Superman score.

:) The Flying Sequence

All I can say is, wow! I agree... it's one of the best trailers to come out in a long time. Hearing Brando was something I never would have expected, but what a pleasant surprise. And the music selected was absolutely perfect. Can't wait for next summer!

Why would they have the love theme in there? Unless there is a romance between Lois and Clark/Superman.

Even then, wouldn't Singer want something different?

Oh, yeah, I got tingly hearing "The Planet Krypton."

Many a trailer/teaser has shown hints of something fantastic to come and then leave audiences dissappointed once the film hits the big screen.

Thanks for totally bringing us down Mark.

Tim

Thanks, I figured since others like to do the same when it comes to certain movies I would join the fun and slap everyone back to reality. :)

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

That was great, even on a small scale! It really hit me when he started saying "They could be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be" and the strings really got going! WOOOOO!!!! Fantastic teaser!

w0000t!

Looking cool! *nipples go erect*

^^

Are you sure that's a nipple?

hartman5pt.jpg

The red sun of Krypton sexual arouses you doesn't it? Holy cow I think you've got a hard on! You want to make classic film director Richard Donner your bitch, don't you? You sick pervert! Sound of like you've got a pair!

Justin - LOL

Interesting trailer :)

The short Planet Kypton piece has been a Jw favourite of mine for ages. The way it creeps up on you and then reveals it's sheer magnificence more and more. Must be played LOUD. Always gives me goosebumps, like the final moments of the T-Rex Finale with "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" does in JP. I've not seen the original film for a long time now, but that voice over was quite Biblical wasn't it. "They lack the light to show the way...for this reason i've sent them my only son...etc".

I've not seen the original film for a long time now, but that voice over was quite Biblical wasn't it. "They lack the light to show the way...for this reason i've sent them my only son...etc".

Subtle, isn't it? :)

Neil

A report from a Bryan Singer conference called "The Christopher Reeve Lecture Series" in Princeton, NJ had this mention during a Q&A with the director himself...

* The opening credits will feature John Williams classic Superman march, with a new score by editor/composer John Ottman integrating old and new themes.

This indicates that the opening credit sequence will be the old march as heard in the original Superman: The Movie, and that the rest of the score will have more then just the one Superman theme. I would love to hear more variations of the Krypton theme, but the guy who took the notes didn't specify what themes would be returning. It simply pluralizes the word theme(s)...

It'll be strange to sit there in the theater and watch the new credits for the new film, only with John Williams classic march. It's a very clever way to introduce the movie because the crowd will automatically be pumped up.

Tim

I can see the rush next year to get Williams out of print Supernman c.d.'s.

K.M.

Indeed especially if Ottman score is not good.

John Williams fans all over the world will buy a ticket to see the opening credits and leave when the actual film begins.

Just like SW fans did for the TPM trailer in 1999. ROTFLMAO

Amen to that!

John Williams fans all over the world will buy a ticket to see the opening credits and leave when the actual film begins.

Just like SW fans did for the TPM trailer in 1999. ;)

Indeed. I will do just that. Perhaps I should shout out loud "Well that was the end of that chapter! It was nice to hear that in the movies!" and walk out of the theater.

I almost did that in 2001 when I went to watch Vertical Limit just to see the FOTR trailer. Afterwards leaving theater after the trailer seemed alot better idea than staying and watching that awful movie ROTFLMAO

Why would they have the love theme in there? Unless there is a romance between Lois and Clark/Superman.

Even then, wouldn't Singer want something different?

Oh, yeah, I got tingly hearing "The Planet Krypton."

There has to be something between Clark and Lois. As was said previously by Singer, it's like an old gf/bf coming back into your life years later after you've moved on.

I've gotten the feeling that director Singer is very much in love with Williams' score, and composer John Ottman really wants a score of his own without Williams' themes. So, it must be quite interesting to be a fly on the wall when they're talking about the score.

On Bluetights or MySpace Group Click Here there's a summary of a recent interview that Singer gave at Princeton University where he briefly talked about Williams themes.