Josh500

Which score do you like best? And why?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• Minority Report
    • War Of The Worlds
    • Born On The Fourth Of July
    • Far And Away

The weekly "Which Do You Like Best" poll. Ths week's topic: Spielberg/Cruise collaborations.

Peronsally, I like Minority Report best . . . closely followed by BOTFOJ and Far and Away. WotW is last, although I've come to love that soundtrack these days. Oh what the heck, they're all good!!!

LOL

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far and Away. I really like Born On The Fourth Of July, but the soundtrack gets pretty repetative after a while. I have the complete score bootleg, and it's amazing. But the same two themes crop up like every few minutes of every track.

Tim

Born on the Fourth of July. The score is so lyrical and beautiful. Truly impressive and Williams once again shows his mastery of the strings in the score. Tim Morrisons lonely trumpet call is unforgettable and his playing is full of anguish. sorrow and longing. Such haunting score. From Massapequa to the jungles of Vietnam Williams scores Ron Kovics journey with such lyricism and grace it is marvel to hear.

That came out as a sales speech for BOTFJ but it is a truly wonderful score. :)

BOTFJ is followed closely by Minority Report, Far and Away and lastly War of the Worlds. WotW is impressive and I love it but it still is the last of the four mentioned here.

Oh I have to Complete BOTFJ score bootleg but unfortunately in bad sound quality. Is there anyone who could help me with that?

No that's an arguably equal excuse.

I find your lack of faith disturbing, Skywalker.

Justin

Dont disturbate over me please :|

I'll perform my disturbation where I please! :)

Justin

Far and Away is by far and away the best of this lot.

I just shake my head at the poll results.

Even stranger is that Josh, the thread starter, is the only one that posted Minority Report being their favorite. Most people, including myself, who actually posted, voted for Far and Away.

Tim

Even stranger is that Josh, the thread starter, is the only one that posted Minority Report being their favorite.  Most people, including myself, who actually posted, voted for Far and Away.

Tim

Well, 6 other people voted for Minority Rport (so far)!!! I think the score to MR is one of the most underrated in recent years. I just love most every track on that album -- I have to admit, this is one of those albums by JW that I really enjoy listening all the way through. There's the title track, Sean's Theme, Everybody Runs, Anderton's Great Escape, The Spyders, and so much more. Great action music, plus something for the heart, as well. A really great soundtrack (IMO, MR should have been nominated for an Oscar, although I can understand why CMIYC was).

Even stranger is that Josh, the thread starter, is the only one that posted Minority Report being their favorite.  Most people, including myself, who actually posted, voted for Far and Away.

Tim

Well, 6 other people voted for Minority Rport (so far)!!! I think the score to MR is one of the most underrated in recent years. I just love most every track on that album -- I have to admit, this is one of those albums by JW that I really enjoy listening all the way through. There's the title track, Sean's Theme, Everybody Runs, Anderton's Great Escape, The Spyders, and so much more. Great action music, plus something for the heart, as well. A really great soundtrack (IMO, MR should have been nominated for an Oscar, although I can understand why CMIYC was).

I was simply saying that I found it strange that the MR supporters only took part in the vote and didn't voice their opinions about it. Considering that most of us here in this thread said Far and Away is the best, it's odd that they MR people didn't come out and play. :mrgreen:

Tim

I was the only one of the BOTFJ fans who praised the score. It is second in the vote at the moment. No one comes out and play with us and discuss the scores with us:mrgreen:

I like MR very much and it is a great score and album (very listenable). All the four scores as I already wrote above are great.

I just shake my head at the poll results.

Been doing a lot of headshaking here myself too.

Others may sound like crazy JW fans but you and Joe are the voices of reason and truth. :mrgreen:

Bless you.

I voted for BOTFJ as this is the score that lead me into "soundtrack business".

When hearing this melancolic trumpet tune in cinema I was fascinated and bought the CD

some days later. One of my first CDs in general...

Some days/weeks later a friend of mine gave me copies (on tape!!) of the Star Wars soundtrack...

After listening to it for days (or weeks?) I bought the 2 LP-set and realized that both

soundtracks are Williams!

Just at the moment, sitting at the computer I asked myself: "How old have I been,

as BOTFJ came out." I checked that, and guess: I´ve been 15 years. Now I´m 30.

So, at the moment, I spend half of my life with Williams, isn´t that interesting...

BTW, some days ago I thought about times without Internet (yes, I can remember)...

Times, where I thought, that I´m the only one buying JW soundtracks (except Star Wars)... :mrgreen:

Times, where Williams had no face... (I guess the first photo I saw is on the ESB/Gerhardt recording)

Times, where I had no clue

- which scores Williams already did

- which scores he was just doing (I always had an eye on movie posters and teasers and had to search the hole soundtrack

section in stores...)

Far and Away seems to have a soft spot in our hearts (atleast in some of our hearts). I am little sad to see BOTFJ losing to MR. But perhaps the tide will turn.

Far and Away seems to have a soft spot in our hearts (atleast in some of our hearts). I am little sad to see BOTFJ losing to MR. But perhaps the tide will turn.

The complete 77 minute score is horribly dull on CD. However, a 30-40 album would be much better.

How much is on the OST?

Justin

Born On The Fourth of July. Some truly haunting and experimental stuff in this score with those creepy voice effects. "The Shooting of Wilson" is quite the prelude to what we would eventually hear in JFK.

My second favourite is Minority Report, followed by War of the Worlds. Far and Away is a bit difficult for me to appreciate at the moment, but I'll give it another chance.

I voted for the score that accompanied me in Ireland.

When were you on the Emerald Isle? I hope you played ANGELA'S ASHES touring through Limerick!

Titanic is not listed here Alex....

I was referring to the music of Grease. Without it, the Cliffs Of Moher would look much smaller. ;)

I usually play NORTH BY NORTHWEST at the Cliffs of Moher. :)

I voted for BOTFJ as this is the score that lead me into "soundtrack business".

Just at the moment, sitting at the computer I asked myself: "How old have I been,

as BOTFJ came out." I checked that, and guess: I´ve been 15 years. Now I´m 30.

So, at the moment, I spend half of my life with Williams, isn´t that interesting...

Well, I bought my first JW album (also my very first CD) when I was twelve -- Schindler's List. Now I'm 24 . . . so I've been listening to John Williams half my life, too!!!

But I've known about JW even before that -- my favorite movie has been E.T. ever since I was six or so. :)