Back to the Future

Vaderbait1

I'm sure there's a thread on this somewhere, you guys seem to cover every base. Unfortunately I couldn't find the thread, so here's another one, devoted to the wonderful music of the Back to the Future Trilogy.

First off, does anyone know a track listing for the first film's score? I'm getting confused between which is the original or expanded, and which was the re-recording (I heard the re-recordings suck).

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

There was never an "Official" relese of the film's score....the OST contained just 2 tracks from the score - an "Overture" and the film's main theme....

The Varese re-recording is not that bad, though I find the music from BTTF's 2 and 3 to be better on that album.....

There is a serviceable boot of the score doing the rounds, the tracklisisting for which is:

1. OVERTURE (08:14)

2. MAIN THEME (03:10)

3. THE DELOREAN REVEALED (00:44)

4. EINSTEIN DESINTEGRATES (01:19)

5. 1.21 GIGAWATTS (01:33)

6. THE LIBYANS (04:34)

7. THE DELOREAN DITCHED (01:46)

8. THE TOWN SQUARE (01:17)

9. THE SKATEBOARD CHASE (01:35)

10. THE KISS (00:37)

11. THE LETTER (01:16)

12. DOC RETURNS (01:10)

13. THE DELOREAN RETRIEVED (01:11)

14. THE CLOCK TOWER (04:51)

15. IT`S BEEN REAL EDUCATIONAL (04:50)

16. WHAT AN ADVENTURE (00:54)

17. END TITLE (03:11)

Hope this helps!

:|

The Varese re-recording is not that bad, though I find the music from BTTF's 2 and 3 to be better on that album.....

The cues from Part III on that album are from the OST.

Neil

The cues from Part III on that album are from the OST.

Neil

That could be why then.....

Greg - who did not know this!

That tracklist did help, a lot, t hanks. So on the re-recording, the tracks from III are the exact form as they appear on the OST? But II and I are different and better on OST?

Don't bother with the re-recording. The sounding for that is just horrible for Parts I and II. John Debney did not get the speed right at all for the cues. "The Skateboard Chase" for Part I on the re-recording is not even complete.

From the looks of that track listing it seems to be incomplete and slightly misordered. I don't see a track for the cue when Marty first arrives in 1955, scares and escapes from the Peabody's. And it seems like a lot of the Enchantment Under the Sea cues are missing or incomplete.

The bootleg IS incomplete. I'd estimate it's still missing a good 10 minutes or so of music. This includes:

The Peabody Farm

A brief snipet when Marty says "Science Fiction Theater."

When Biff's gang kidnaps Marty at the dance.

The music for George's rescue.

The music as Marty is disappearing.

The music where Marty discovers the 4x4 in the garage.

-----

Interestingly enough, most of the missing material is from the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance. Curious.

Phil, who owns the bootleg proudly. :sigh:

There's also the part where Marty watches the Lybians chase himself at "lone pine mall" that's missing but if you can put up with it both this part and the part with the 4x4 are on the John Debney re-recording.

Brian99_1

I have got a question:

Is the Delorean Bootleg a pressed disk? I don't know it and I do not found anything on web.

I have it, and it's a CD-R, with the disc's label (title, "promo", etc) "printed" on it, like legit CD's.

There's also the part where Marty watches the Lybians chase himself at "lone pine mall" that's missing but if you can put up with it both this part and the part with the 4x4 are on the John Debney re-rechording.

That's right, Brian! I don't know how I forgot that one. One of my favorites.

I hated the way that cue sounded on the re-recording. One of the main problems I had was that not only were the cues waaay under the normal tempo, but some instruments were just completely dropped. In Lone Pine Mall (and Clock Tower Pt. 1), the snare drums were either not used or barely used, as opposed to their excellent presence in the original score.

Other than getting to hear some of the unreleased bits from Part II (He's Gone and End Logo, two of which I thought sounded very good), the re-recording was a disappointment in my opinion.

Well it's always better than nothing. Also, you can make a nice good sounding Clock Tower Pt 1 by mixing the bad sounding boot's opening with the Overture track on the official album.