Any questions for JW?

MovieMusicMaestro

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask him if he knew that on the internet (I'll try and find the link) Hans Zimmer was narrowly voted a better composer than him? ;)

Actually don't...

Umm...

I'll think of some later.

Lucky bugger!!!!

Ask him if he has ever considered retiring gracefully.....and since it is obviously something that he has decided against, can you ask him what his plans are for 2006 now that he has turned out 3 stunning scores this year with a possible fourth on the way? Also I would love to know what his most challenging score this year was, and why?

Ask him about plans to rescore the prequel trilogy w/o tracked music!

Better, yet...ask him about plans to release complete scores for the prequel trilogy.

When does he plan to visit JWFan.net?

With joe and the likes arround, i dont think it would be a pleasant visit anyway...

I just asked myself something similar. What would JW think reading all the posts?

Male Poll: Circumcision? (JW: "Hm, let me have a quick look...")

Poll: Do you prefer ESB or food? ("Good question...")

Poll: Favourite "Star Trek" Theme? ("So GL also edited the title, not only my AOTC battle music...")

Scoring King Kong - Web Diary up now ("Web Diary up now? I didn´t compose a single note at the moment...")

Will JW score Stone´s 9/11-project? ("So, that´s why Oliver is not picking up the phone...")

What is the last score you listened to? ("Hm... I guess ESB while having food delivered to the Boston Concert Hall...")

Would you buy WOTW DVD or Memoirs CD? ("I guess I will get both for free..., I can spend my money for the new Zimmer CD :| )

to be continued...

Ask him about plans to rescore the prequel trilogy w/o tracked music!  

Better, yet...ask him about plans to release complete scores for the prequel trilogy.

Ditto this. And ask him to release his sketches for online study.

Yes, definitely ask if he or Lucasfilm plans on releasing the complete Prequel scores like what with they did for the OT. All though I doubt he will know but hey wouldn't hurt to ask....

I doubt they'll go back and rescore the Prequels ...that maybe a pipe dream...but having the Prequel scores released in a simialr manner of the OT is more predicitble mesa thinks.

You could ask Williams how is he doing? Is he well and has he gotten time off from composing lately? How is his family doing? What book is he reading about and is it interesting? How is Munich coming up? Is it a good movie in his opinion? Would he like to release complete Indy scores? Who is his favorite composer and his greatest influence as a composer? What future projects does he have (hopefully something we do not know yet. Nothing beats a good suprise :P ).

Thank him for all the wonderful music he has written on his career and say hello from all of us here on the MB :|

If you want more suggestions I can come up a dosen in a minute. :)

Ask him: "What happened?" Then say: "Who cares!"

LOL LOL Thanks for the cheap laughs Roald! That comment is hilarious.

Smart ass lol. You're going to hold that against me from now on, aren't you?

Nah, maybe I'll use it a couple of more times in the future, but in the end you are - without trying to sound gayish - a Prequel buddy of mine! :|

Smart ass lol. You're going to hold that against me from now on, aren't you?

Nah, maybe I'll use it a couple of more times in the future, but in the end you are - without trying to sound gayish - a Prequel buddy of mine! :|

hehe all right fair enough :P

See if you can confirm that he's scoring War of the Worlds.

Ray Barnsbury

Nice to see you still in denial :)

A 54-year survey of 26,285 European Swallows captured and released by the Avian Demography Unit of the University of Capetown finds that the average adult European swallow has a wing length of 12.2 cm and a body mass of 20.3 grams.4

Because wing beat frequency and wing amplitude both scale with body mass,5 and flight kinematic data is available for at least 22 other bird species,6 it should be possible to estimate the frequency (f ) and amplitude (A) of the European Swallow by a comparison with similar species. With those two numbers, it will be possible to estimate airspeed (U).

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Someone should go up to Williams and unfurl a 8 feet long sheet of complaints from his sleeve and start whining away. :) I bet he would not expect that.

A 54-year survey of 26,285 European Swallows captured and released by the Avian Demography Unit of the University of Capetown finds that the average adult European swallow has a wing length of 12.2 cm and a body mass of 20.3 grams.4  

Because wing beat frequency and wing amplitude both scale with body mass,5 and flight kinematic data is available for at least 22 other bird species,6 it should be possible to estimate the frequency (f ) and amplitude (A) of the European Swallow by a comparison with similar species. With those two numbers, it will be possible to estimate airspeed (U).

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Interesting :)

Most important question: Will you ever score a Harry Potter movie again or would you like to do so?

The rest, I suppose he doesn't have much to say about. Otherwise I would also be interested in a question about complete Indiana Jones score releases, proper Star Wars prequel score release and his work on writing music for Star Wars scenes that are currently stuck with tracked music.

How are you asking him a question at the Chicago concert? I wasn't aware that he was doing anything after the show

Max-getting his shit together

Ask him if Augie's Municipal Band is based on The Emperor's Theme.

Something like this:

MMM "Hi; I was wondering is Augie's Municipal Band based on The Emperor's Theme?"

JW "Sorry Augie who?"

MMM "Augie's Municipal Band. The finale for The Phantom Menace"

JW "Oh reel 531. Well; to be honest I didn't write that"

MMM "..."

JW "Still there boy?"

MMM: "you...didn't....write....that...?"

JW: "No Gloria Estefan did. Sorry"

Ask him if Augie's Municipal Band is based on The Emperor's Theme.

Something like this:

MMM "Hi; I was wondering is Augie's Municipal Band based on The Emperor's Theme?"

JW "Sorry Augie who?"

MMM "Augie's Municipal Band. The finale for The Phantom Menace"

JW "Oh reel 531. Well; to be honest I didn't write that"

MMM "..."

JW "Still there boy?"

MMM: "you...didn't....write....that...?"

JW: "No Gloria Estefan did. Sorry"

Oh this Gloria Estefan fixation of yours is still going strong I see :mrgreen: