The positive Prequel Trilogy thread

Sandor

"The rage that drove Anakin to kill all those Tuskens?"

"CLIEGG: Your mother had gone out early, like she always

did, to pick mushrooms that grow on the vaporators. From

the tracks, she was about halfway home when they took her.

Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless

monsters. Thirty of us went out after her. Four of us came

back. I'd be with them, only... after I lost my leg I just

couldn't ride any more... until I heal.

CLIEGG grimaces, easing his throbbing leg.

CLIEGG: This isn't the way I wanted to meet you, son. This

isn't how your mother and I planned it. I don't want to

give up on her, but she's been gone a month. There's little

hope she's lasted this long."

Anakin went after the Tuskens for a very specific reason. This wasn't just a random driveby. Not to mention Owen seeing how caring Anakin was when he brought his mother back.

"The stories about Anakin killing throughout the galaxy (Jedi Temple, Mustafar, etc.)? There are many plausible explanations for that."

Owen's attitude towards Ben shows no indication of mourning the Jedi's passing. They were branded as criminals, and no one even remembers them now.

Oh, almost forgot: Anakin did this under the name of VADER.

"Well, how do we know that "Skywalker" is not the "Johnson" or something of the Star Wars universe?"

LOL. Actually, "Antilles" is the equivalent of "Johnson", as stated by Lucas. Not to mention the fact that the PT gives even more significance to the very name "Skywalker", since Anakin was born of the Force.....unless you think the Force goes around knocking up every other random slave woman.

"Only new answers are legitimate? What do you mean? I've come up with many positive points. I don't think you understood my comment AT ALL."

I understood it...I just found it to be ridiculous. Just because someone has the same beef with the films as other people on the internet doesn't mean the the first person's opinion is diminished.

"No, YOU misname them now. Why does "Special Edition" all of a sudden equal "Definitive Edition"?"

How special can they be if he changed them again? In case you hadn't noticed, he didn't repeat this faux pas with the DVD release. He simply called them "Star Wars". How quaint.

"Because that's how they were announced by Lucasfilm back in 1997."

I seem to recall the tagline "See them as they were meant to be seen" as well.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood it...I just found it to be ridiculous. Just because someone has the same beef with the films as other people on the internet doesn't mean the the first person's opinion is diminished.

I don't think you understood the comment on the comment on the comment I made.

Even though AOTC is a different compared to the other Prequels it is not a weak score by any standards. The more I listen to it the more I love it. Now only we could get complete scores for the Prequels.

I almost wouldn't want to listen to a complete AotC. The unreleased music is overwhelmingly of the classic Star Wars mode, but it doesn't fit the new style at all.

Even though AOTC is a different compared to the other Prequels it is not a weak score by any standards.

LOL 8O LOL 8O LOL 8O LOL ROTFLMAO LOL ROTFLMAO LOL ROTFLMAO LOL ROTFLMAO

Even though AOTC is a different compared to the other Prequels it is not a weak score by any standards.

Drop dead Joe. Drop dead.

Really, Joe, does this contribute to the "Positive prequel thread"? Go somewhere else and trash the prequels. You act like such a damn child.

Jeff - not really participating in this discussion, but does not mind reading it

Really, Joe, does this contribute to the "Positive prequel thread"? Go somewhere else and trash the prequels. You act like such a damn child.

Jeff - not really participating in this discussion, but does not mind reading it

Thank you! and Thank you Incancus and Ender. I agree with all three of you. Take your trashing of the Prequels else where Joe. I was wondering how long it would be until you posted in here. Ass-hat.

I guess AOTC was too strong temptation to resist for poor old Joe. It is like a red flag for him. :roll: