Attack of the Clones already at the dollar theatre

JoeinAR

Can you believe it. Star Wars Ep. 2 is already at the dollar theatre.

It took Harry Potter 5 months to get there, LOTR 5 months,

L-U-C-A-S spells pitiful.

Come on George you have almost 3 years to get Ep. 3 right.

We know you can do the eye candy. Did I mention we know you can do eye candy?

My point is simple. ONE WORD

.........................................STORY

Tell one worth telling, and you will be surprised how easily people will forgive you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words Harry,

wont happen.

ever.

besides he can't direct Ep 3 and Indy 4 at the same time, since they come out only 6 weeks apart.

Who says he can't? If he co-directs, he doesn't have to be present for every last bit of the film, right? Besides, if shooting for Ep3 occurs early enough, he'll have plenty of time to put his time into both projects.

~Harry

Harry don't you understand

LUCAS does not want Steven to do it.

Not ever.

Doesn't matter what you want, or Steven wants.

Its what George doesn't want.

Steven to direct EP3

Hey! Don't yell at me! I'm just throwing out what I think should happen, that's all. Just a boy with dreams.

~Harry, who thinks Lucas is a scruffy-looking nerfherder

Spielberg should CO-direct. :)

Lucas won't do a good job.  He's had two tries, and he's failed at both

Hmmmm true. :)

Justin -Who hopes Lucas could do a could job on the 3rd one because there's no way anyone else will do it. IMHO. :(

Well, AOTC has "only made" 600 million dollars, so it is pretty pitful.

You even use box-office arguments to bash Lucas.

No other serie in film history had its 5th movie gross 600 million dollars, in a pretty competitive summer, where it will be very difficult ofr a film, besides Spiderman and AOTC, to gross over 200 in the US (although it will probably happen).

Romão, looking forward for George Lucas's Episode 3

I liked Attack of the Clones, but I found no emotional connection to the film.

Star Wars had an effect on me,

Empire Strikes Back had the same kind of effect, Jedi to a lesser degree.

TPM was a terrible film, but it had a fun quality to it.

AOTC was not very good, but it had a fun, dumb kind of quality, that was ok.

The TPM and AOTC lack the qualities that the original trilogy had. People can like then all they want, but they barely deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

I liked Attack of the Clones, but I found no emotional connection to the film.

That's the same way i felt.

While i had a good time watching it, it was not any different then watching any old summer blockbuster movie.

And those asre usually slightly better made.

Stefancos- LOL

Attack Of Clones???

Stefancos-  :)

Well, every SW movie has a 3 letter acronim (TMP, ANH, ESB, ROJ) i have seen these officially, so i write Attack of the Clones in the same way , AOC.

Star Wars doesn't, its just Star Wars.

The original,

the first,

the best. IMO

I just saw AOTC for the second time. I enjoyed it immensely. This film plays more like a thriller/who-dunnit, then any other SW film, and I liked that element. Even the conveyor belt sequence, which I didn't like the first time around was great. For the most part, the FX are off-the-hook. The designing is fabulous. The music was great, even with the edits/reuses - which I found perfectly fine, and I am a BIG JW fan. I even think that the choice NOT to use music thru most of the asteroid sequence and the arena sequence were good choices. I actually found myself involved in the story, which does play better on second viewing. By the end I was really kinda pumped for the next film. And, I will see this one again, and get the DVD.

But, I am in COMPLETE agreement that George forgot to write characters! I shouldn't say forgot. There are charcters, they are just poorly exposed. They don't interact very fluidly, like Luke/Lea/Han did. In the first trilogy, I felt much more connected to the people. And yes, it is ALL about George's poor direction. The biggest misstep was lack of good character interactions. Even a few critical looks and glances would have added depth to some character moments. Such as, letting us see why Amidala fell in love with Anakin. What was missing here were those moments where we get to watch her watch him, and we see in her eyes that she is "falling" for him.

One difference between this group of SW films and the earlier trilogy, is that those stories centered around "The New Hope," essentially, one person and his friends. These newer films spend too much time on the grander picture of the Republic, etc, and don't offer much depth for individuals.

I still commend George for the attempt, and hope that he is up to speed for the 3rd film. If he is smart, he will let someone else direct the actors. I believe he should control everything else, just not actors...

I have a one word answer too:

Spielberg

~Harry :)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Look, it's not that I dislike Spielberg or anything, hell no. I think the man's a genius. I just don't trust him with the Star Wars films. I also shudder to think what kind of publicity it would get if Spielberg would direct it.

Hayden Christensen...

Natalie Portman...

Ewan McGreggor...

In a Steven Spielberg film:

Star Wars: Episode III -- The Fall of the Republic

And then the poster:

Steven Spielberg's

Episode III.

Buh... *shudder*

:music:

:) Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra -- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

This film plays more like a thriller/who-dunnit

Exactly! The whole film is about trying to solve the mystery of who killed the SW series. The viewer must carefully add up the clues: bad dialogue, incompetent direction. lousy editing to figure out the shocking identity of the killer George Lucas. :music:

Exactly! The whole film is about trying to solve the mystery of who killed the SW series. The viewer must carefully add up the clues: bad dialogue, incompetent direction. lousy editing to figure out the shocking identity of the killer George Lucas.  :music:

That's funny. LOL

Maybe if we use death threats and car bombs against him he'll change his mind  :)

And than maybe he won't release EP 3 until 2010 and decide that Indy 4 jut isn't worth doing just to spite us. :music:

-Jason

Exactly! The whole film is about trying to solve the mystery of who killed the SW series. The viewer must carefully add up the clues: bad dialogue, incompetent direction. lousy editing to figure out the shocking identity of the killer George Lucas.  :)

That's funny. LOL

Well, for you :music:

Maybe if we use death threats and car bombs against him he'll change his mind  :music:

I wouldn't hire Zam wessel for that :), and after seeing AOC, i'm sure some Georgé Luké (decoy) will die instead of him.

:)

I actually wish AOTC would have gone to the dollar theater earlier. I'm glad Spiderman beat the crap out of AOTC. I'm glad it's struggling to break 300 million and I hope Harry Potter II or Signs or some other movie this year knocks Episode II down another peg on the highest grossing films of the year list simply because I'm tired of Lucas (and even Williams in that STARFIX article) defending the prequels with massive box office numbers. Maybe Lucas will now understand that these aren't great movies and he's not doing his best job as a director if Episode II only makes him 1 billion dollars instead of the 10 billion that TPM raked in! If he constantly talks about box office success=great movie, then I say hit it where it hurts him...in the pocketbook. Every SW film until AOTC was the highest grossing film of the year and I hope that that's something Lucas will keep in mind since reviews and movie critics and fans seem to hold no sway.

i'm sure some Georgé Luké (decoy) will die instead of him.  

LOL Those poor handmaidens. They all must be suicidal. I mean, being a handmaiden for Padme in Star Wars is the equivalent of being a red-shirted officer in Star Trek. You don't have a chance.

So did Lucas run over your dog or something?

No, but to quote Rhett Butler ffrom Gone With the Wind "waste always makes me angry" and I think that Lucas has wasted a lot of the great potential for the SW prequels and I think he did it for marketing reasons (Jar Jar, editing good scenes for a PG rating, fart jokes, bad kiddie-friendly love story, etc.) and so I find it ironic that AOTC is nowhere near as commercially successful as the other SW films and for that matter, TPM doesn't fare as well when you take into account inflation.

I have a one word answer too:

Spielberg

~Harry :)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Look, it's not that I dislike Spielberg or anything, hell no. I think the man's a genius. I just don't trust him with the Star Wars films. I also shudder to think what kind of publicity it would get if Spielberg would direct it.

Hayden Christensen...

Natalie Portman...

Ewan McGreggor...

In a Steven Spielberg film:

Star Wars: Episode III -- The Fall of the Republic

And then the poster:

Steven Spielberg's

Episode III.

Buh... *shudder*

:)

:) Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra -- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

NONONONO to you! You don't seem to get my point. Why wouldn't you trust Spielberg with the movie? You trust Lucas more? I think someone else, like Spielberg, should CO-direct, not necessarily fully direct the movie. Well all know George can show us all the special effects and the rest of the technical side (well except for music), but we also know he can'

t at all show us the acting side, the personal side. He needs help in the acting category, and who else better to do it than his good buddy Steve? Like I've said before, we know the two get together well with movies, so what's wrong this time? Steve can help George save his series with this last episode.

But that's just what I think.

~Harry

I see your point. Steven is a great director, and he and Lucas have made great movies together, but I just don't trust the media and advertising guys. They might blow Spielberg's role out of proportion.

- Marc, who thinks if Spielberg would actually do it, he'd better not make Palpatine a John Hammond II.

I see your point. Steven is a great director, and he and Lucas have made great movies together, but I just don't trust the media and advertising guys. They might blow Spielberg's role out of proportion.

Now I see your point. I would hope the marketing guys for the movie would correctly market the movie! But, we won't have to worry about that, since George won't cave in.

~Harry :cry: