All Good Things...

Lurker

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, congrats Marc. :P You're definitely one of the top posters here (and not just regarding post-count), so this seems very fitting. I'm not used to taking orders from someone younger than me, though... ;)

Neil, you'll be missed as a moderator, but I'm really glad you're sticking around. Hopefully you'll now have more time now for the "real world." :)

Ray Barnsbury

Neil, you did a great job, and I wish you the best of luck with your work life. Hope everything doesn't get too hectic that it keeps you away from the board too much :P I'm sorry you had to pass on the torch, so to speak, but I totally understand the reason for it. I honestly can't imagine how you kept up with it all for the passed 2+ years...

Marc, congrats, you'll be great, and I'm looking forward it.

Tim

Perhaps you shouldn't use such strong language for no apparent reason, Mirko. :P

First job, Marc, change the thread title that indicates that JW will definately score OotP. :)

~Sturgis

Neil, you did a great job, and I wish you the best of luck with your work life.  Hope everything doesn't get too hectic that it keeps you away from the board too much :)  I'm sorry you had to pass on the torch, so to speak, but I totally understand the reason for it.  I honestly can't imagine how you kept up with it all for the passed 2+ years...

Marc, congrats, you'll be great, and I'm looking forward it.

Tim

Yeah, what he said.

Seriously, sorry to see you "retire" Neil. Hope you stick around the board though.

Good luck Marc!

:P

Wow Marc made Moderator! Congratulations!

:P:) Was I the last person to be banned by Neil from JWFan?

And thanks for Neil for his tireless and good work.

I hope I stay in your good graces Marc old buddy old pal.

Perhaps you shouldn't use such strong language for no apparent reason, Mirko. :P

???

Where did I used "such strong language" in this thread?

First job, Marc, change the thread title that indicates that JW will definately score OotP. :)

First job, as announced, was the locking of Marian's thread.

Althought...

...there was no dancing lock!

Mirko - hoping Marc will fix that immense mistake.

Anyway, I'm glad to get support from all of you

Support? I didn't give you my support.

Marian - :P

So you're starting threads you know you shouldn't? And you're not giving me any support? You're walking a fine line here, mister!

- Marc, :)

Congratulations, Marc!! I'm sure you'll be a great moderator. And thanks Neil for the job you've done till now. I am a relatively new member, so you were the only moderator I knew here. I guess it will take me some time to get used to Marc's new job, as when you have a new president or major and you don't realise the old one is no longer there.

Congratulations again Marc :P

Neil, good luck with your responsibilities and life, and please do keep posting here as frequently!

And Marc, congratulations! You'll make a fine moderator!

Congratulations, Marc!

You're the second moderator I've ever known since when I began visiting this board. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Neil, you're great. Keeping up all this since May 2003 must've been really difficult...

And now we've kind of lost our technician expert on JWFan, on AAC files and on iPod... I'll miss that precious help.

Thank you.

Matt - :|

P.S.: Live long, Neil, and prosper... ;)

So you're starting threads you know you shouldn't? And you're not giving me any support? You're walking a fine line here, mister!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Marian - wondering if Ray is trying to disguise as moderator. :|

I think there should be co-moderators.Me,Stefancos and Roald.Mr Breathmask has not been here as long as we have.

I for one ,would institute random weekly bannings,to keep everyone on their toes.Starting a thread with the name Howard Shore or Patrick Doyle in it would mean a one year suspension from the board.Prequel haters would have a different section of the board to discuss their views.In order to keep your posting privileges,you would have to make a monthly cash donation deposited directly in my bank account.And once a year,in a great religious ceremony,a human sacrifice of a board member will be made in my honor.

K.M.overlooked again

Unfortunately for you, unless the rules are changed, it says "JOHN WILLIAMS, Film Music, Movies, Music..." are allowed to be discussed here... sadly that even means we have to endure threads about Jarvis Cocker...

Btw, KM, by the sound of it you're related to Argus Filch?

So another era Begins.

Now as long as Neil doesn't pull a Ricard and completely dissapear from the board.... Anyway Thanks for the time Neil and good luck to you Marc!

And as long as we are talking about it. I think it's only fair to say thanks to Ricard - For starting all of this and Andreas for.... well hosting all of this.

Brian99_1

The answer to this - "Have to resign because too busy" problem, was quite obvious really and would have prevented any need for resignations. Answer = Have two or three Moderators. I'm a Moderator on an net forum, along with about 4 others. That way, different mods in different parts of the world can keep things observed while one part of the world sleeps, or if a Mod can't make it in to check his run for any reason then the whole thing wont be unattended. Every mod has to report whatever action they take, to a private admin room hidden to ordinary members. That makes sure that any Moderator power abuses, do get questioned by somebody. A great system. Although it may "sound" complicated, infact it makes things much easier for everybody as the work is spread out over several people and a Mod can easily take a few days off in the knowledge that the other 3 will keep it in line, just by letting the others know. I have to say that it always amazed me that Jwfan.net only had "one" Moderator for such a busy board. Asking one man alone to take care of reading "every" post several times a day, is no doubt going to take up a lot of his time and attention unnescessarily when it can be spread out amongst others. Why doesn't Jwfan do the same? Just a suggestion. Mind you, Stefancos would soon do a "Godfather" style assasination evening of other Mods. Lots of Piano wire. Hit men taking out Justin while he's having a shave at the hairdressers. Soon Stefancos would assume supreme totalitarian power.

Melange - Wonders if there is a mausoleum of preserved "ex-Mods" ?

Perhaps you shouldn't use such strong language for no apparent reason, Mirko. :|

??? Where did I used "such strong language" in this thread?

I would ban you Steef, if you don't stop doing double posts.  

That goddamn EDIT button exist!

;)

And you said the same thing in a different thread yesterday.

~Sturgis

One thing though:

I would like to remind you all that there is an edit button, and that we don't need a whole lot of consecutive posts by the same user within a short period (even if it's just two short messages). I will be merging consecutive posts by the same user in the same thread made within a short amount of time. It would be convenient though if I didn't have to, so if you've posted something and come up with something else you wanted to add, use the edit button.

Multiple infractions may result in a one-week ban.

Thanks in advance

- Marc

One thing though:

I would like to remind you all that there is an edit button, and that we don't need a whole lot of consecutive posts by the same user within a short period (even if it's just two short messages). I will be merging consecutive posts by the same user in the same thread made within a short amount of time. It would be convenient though if I didn't have to, so if you've posted something and come up with something else you wanted to add, use the edit button.

Multiple infractions may result in a one-week ban.

Thanks in advance

- Marc

I agree. Oh, and a good luck on your new job, Marc.

Indeed indeed.

:roll:

If only they had made me Moderator.....

Where is your sense of humor Stefan? :wave: I know mine is a twisted one and may not open to all people.

Can we still call you "Mr. B"?

Or is it now "Dr. B"?

And why isn't the Supreme Fanboy, moderator?

BTW, did I mention how much I love the land of Dutch and never used it in a profane manner?

Justin - :wave:

Moderator of the JWfan board, hm? Close to retirement? Well let me tell you something, don't. Don't let Neil promote you, don't let him transfer you, don't let him do anything that takes you away from the bridge of that board because while you're there... you can make a difference.

I guess I shouldn't have told you **** *** huh Marc.

by the way, this thread is not as good as the finale Star Trek TNG episode it quotes.

An advice in the words of a wizard for our new Moderator:

"Marc be not too eager to deal bans and judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends!

My heart tells me unruly posters may have some part to play, for good or ill, before the end."

Neil who?

ALL HAIL MR. BREATHMASK!!!!!! :thumbup:

Seriously Neil you did a good job here and I hope you still continue to be an active member here.