iTunes has Howard's (JN, not Shore's) Score to Kong Now!

Lurker

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the ... why can't a German customer create an account for the US music store?

Perhaps because of World War II? LOL

No seriously; that IS irritating.

What the ... why can't a German customer create an account for the US music store?

For the same reason a german customer can't buy a DVD on amazon.com...

It's all about rights. You don't have the right to buy it now, at least record companies see it that way. It's idiotic, but we have to wait for Dec. 14th.

I'm not talking about buying this bloody CD, I'm talking about the creation of an account. I can create an account at amazon.com, I can buy CDs there, so why can't I do that at itunes?

Oh what's the difference, Kong will pop up on file sharing programs anyhow later today.

I'm really impressed with score, I'm really enjoying listening to it.

I'm not so impressed with iTunes ripping skills though... There are quite a few pops throughout =/

Because they're protected.. They will only play on authorised computers who have been authorised to play the files from the account on which the file were downloaded..

And only 5 computers can be registered per account.

That's the fatal flaw with iTunes. If I pay for something, I damn well better be able to do with it as I please. :P

Seriously, though, I'd love to hear this score. THe little bits I've heard sound promising, but definitely not enough to go off of. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to hear it...

I'm really into this soundtrack. Some AMAZING cues and some really nice fresh stuff.

Can't you just burn off an audio CD with the (protected) files?

I dont have any blank CDs .. Lol

I'll record it from via soundcard if ur really desperate.

For $10 Canadian it was certainly worth the purchase. And I guess my question in the FSM board the other week was answered. Decca did release this 1 week early. This means it stands to chance that MUNICH will also be release on iTunes a week prior to the official CD release. Sweet. Gotta love Decca records. They must have some deal with iTunes or something.

I like the score but none of it is blowing me away and I'm on track 8 (of 21). Some posters said the quality is poor. I think it's pretty good actually. Haven't gotten to the meaty action material yet though.....

Well it's 128Kbps AAC which is about 170Kbps MP3 equivalent. So for us audiophiles, it's noticable, and could be better...

Also, there are a couple of ripping artefacts on a few tracks (popping)

No, I meant, can't *I* burn off an audio CD with the itune files? These are the disadvantages of the English language :P

I know exactly what you Meant O.o

lol

I'm not so impressed with iTunes ripping skills though... There are quite a few pops throughout =/

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's not the result of some douche buying it, burning it to CD, ripping it and encoding it again. No way "pops" could have been induced that way. It must be the professional company that has sold millions of downloads. :roll:

I wonder if iTunes even had the CD or if the company provided the AACs to them from the master.

Neil

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's not the result of some douche buying it, burning it to CD, ripping it and encoding it again. No way "pops" could have been induced that way. It must be the professional company that has sold millions of downloads. :roll:

I wonder if iTunes even had the CD or if the company provided the AACs to them from the master.

Neil

Excuse me .. I have not burnt it to CD and re-ripped it at all!!!!!

I am playing the original downloaded m4p files... So stop being mean.

Why dont you go and download it , and i'll tell you where the pops are. :P

Actually, there are no audio clips there. I don't buy from Apple so I guess that's it? Ha, good way to get you to do business...not...

You can preview every track at the iTunes store.

Neil

I'm actually more excited about the Jarhead clips on iTunes right now, it just got released today but I'll be getting it for Christmas :P

I love me some Thomas Newman!

Max

Hehe, push the play button...plain as the nose on my face. ;) Finally got them listened to, and they were awesome. Can't wait to hear the rest of it!

Greta

I'm proud to say that I own the first four tracks! Yay! ;)

Alright, I'll have the whole thing within the next hour or so (only 5 tracks or so aren't downloaded yet), so in case you want to have it, my Soulseek is up. You can find me in the Movie Music Room under my usual nickname.

Not on australian score, pah. Damn you record companies *shakes fist in jon stewart style*, you're to blame for DRM and stores for each country!