Markuz

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for al your replys!:cool:

Well, when will the concert start? You guys in Boston, in how many hours does it start??

What went wrong?? I haven't heard a single note from him!?

And the concert tomorrow? There should also be one with music from A.I. and Harry Potter at 5pm. I hope it'll work then!

You're understanding it wrong... I love Ravel and Mahler. Just last week I spent a whole afternoon leastening to Osawa's recordings of Ravel orchestral music with the BSO. And Mahler's 4th is one of my all time favorite symphonies. By the way, they also broadcasted Berlioz's Sinfonie Fantastique. I was just very sad not to listen to Williams conducting the BSO. This is one of my favoirte orchestras, and I would love to listen to some of this pieces performed by them.

I was dismayed that I could not listen to much, but the concert did in fact start at two thirty- it began with his "Chime the Bells" or something like that- forgive me, the exact title I can't remember... I live in providence, RI, and it was perfect reception.... man I wish they did this more often- it was soooo cool driving around listening to a John Williams concert!!!

John F

I've spent all of my early evening lestening to Ravel and Mahler

:wow: THE HORROR....THE HORROR!!! :angry:

Stefancos- :angry:

Have you ever heard anything from Ravel (besides the Bolero)?

:roll:

Today there is supposed to be another concert with Artificial Intelligence and Harry Potter today at 5pm. What's about this one? Will it work this time?

I spent all the time lestening to the show and no Williams concert. How did some people did got it and others don't?

And I've enjoyed alot of Ravel's music... Both Piano Concertos, for example. And Mahler's symphonies are all great. My favoirte ones are 1, 4 (wich they broadcasted yesterday), 7 and 9. Got to love this music... and yes, it sounds like film music :)

Yes, today there's another concert on WGBH 44 (44!!!!, not 89,7): http://www.wgbh.org/program-info?episode_i...arent_id=359294

"Laureate conductor John Williams returns to Evening at Pops to showcase his Academy Award-nominated scores from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and AI: Artificial Intelligence as well as "Call of the Champions" from the 2002 Winter Olympics.

Pop vocalist Josh Groban, who also performed at the 2002 Winter Olympics, and singer/songwriter Lara Fabian team up to perform the title track from AI, "For Always." Classical guitarist Christopher Parkening rounds out the evening with "The Days Between" from Williams's score to the movie Stepmom. "

Is it possible to listen to WGBH 44 Live via webstream????????

Regards

Markuz