What is the most funny movie of all time?

Sandor

I LOVED Pixar's Monsters Inc.! Never thought I could laugh so much while watching an animated picture!

And a guilty pleasure: Revenge Of The Nerds.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go so far as saying "funniest movie of all time," but my favorite comedy is Ghostbusters, along with The Big Lebowski. Classic.

And let's not forget Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :)

I don't want to simply reiterate what everyone else said, but yes, Monty Python and the Holy Grail...Marc already mentioned The Big Lebowski....I suppose South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut (even the title is funny)...Clerks.....Trading Places.

Tim

Not the funniest but very funny...Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

plus

You either love him or hate him but Jim Carrey in Liar Liar cracks me up.

Never thought I could laugh so much while watching an animated picture!

<insert ROTS "Noooooooooooooooooo!" joke here>

Neil - who'd go with Airplane!

-Mrs. Doubtfire - has to be the funniest, a classic comedic performance by Robin Williams

-Airplane! - I haven't seen this in a while, but I remember it being a hoot

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail - same

-Just Friends - saw this a few weeks ago and I don't remember laughing so hard in a theater before

~Sturgis . . . :P just for good measure

I've always liked the Classic His Girl Friday with Cary Grant and Raising Arizona by the Coen Brothers.

Raising Arizona has some of the funniest scenes in film, IMO.

I agree with Stefancos-Dr. Strangelove makes me laugh. I also found The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to be humorous as well. I also recall liking Blues Brothers.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - same

The problem with it is that as funny as the movie is, it just can't hold up the the perfect opening titles. A year or so ago, I watched it with some friends after a triple viewing of the Indy movies. During the titles, we were laughing so hard I had to pause the DVD. The actual movie was kinda bland after that. :P

As for H2G2, it certainly was my biggest laugh in the theatre this year... and possibly since Chicken Run. :)

And Blues Brothers... it's great and fun, but not one of the laugh-out-loud movies. A different category for me... of which my favourite movie is, of course, Sneakers.

Marian - who needs the H2G2 DVD.

Blazing Saddles

Can't say I enjoyed this very much . . . I guess maybe my dad hyped it up too much, or I was looking forward to the GoF teaser later that night . . . two letdowns in a few hours. :?

~Sturgis

Blazing Saddles

Can't say I enjoyed this very much . . . I guess maybe my dad hyped it up too much, or I was looking forward to the GoF teaser later that night . . . two letdowns in a few hours. :?

~Sturgis

Well I'm fond of Brooks' particular style of humour; it's often too "preditable" for some, but only because of the countless copycats using that sort of humour until the new generations are impervious to it.

Birdcage - Nathan Lane rules in this

Ghostbusters - Bill Murray has some of the most memorable lines ever

The Naked Gun saga - Leslie Nielsen, do I need to say more?

Hot Shots - "Interesting Perfume..." "it's Vics...I have a cold"

Jackass: the movie - I don't think I ever laughed so much in a theater

The most funniest movie of all time has to be Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Hercules in New York. The comedy is not intended but the movie comes off as an absurd and hilarious. LOL That is why it is the funniest movie and the worst movie I have ever seen. Poor Arnold gets even his voice dubbed since his English was apprently that bad LOL I laughed almost the entire running time of the film.

I don't. But it's still hillarious. ;)

It's the timing you need to forget on repeated viewings, not the jokes themselves.

"We have clearance Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

"I can't tell you that. It's classified."

I don't think I can say any one movie is THE funniest, because once you see it once, it is hard to have the same reaction again.

Ones I found completely funny on first viewing were:

Monty Python: Holy Grail

Liar Liar

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

The Burbs

Time Bandits

Meaning of Life

The most funniest movie of all time has to be Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Hercules in New York. The comedy is not intended but the movie comes off as an absurd and hilarious.  That is why it is the funniest movie and the worst movie I have ever seen. Poor Arnold gets even his voice dubbed since his English was apprently that bad  I laughed almost the entire running time of the film.

If we're going with unintentionally funny films, I would have a whole long list for you, topped by:

Treasure of the Four Crowns (The Italian Indiana Jones)

Fury of the Wolfman (Another Italian film starring Paul Naschy, who looks like John Belushi in his prime)

Born Invincible (Kung Fu Movie)

Two yet to be mentioned that I think are very funny are Laurel and Hardy's Way Out West and, from more recent times, Office Space. Sample dialogue:

"I believe you have my stapler."

"PC LOAD LETTER? What the f*** does that mean?"

The sad thing is, I know what "PC Load Letter" means. I'll have to check out the Laurel and Hardy.

I don't usually like the 3 stooges, but the one where Moe mistakes glue for syrup and Larry and Curly poor boiling water on his face to loosen it up had me in stitches.

Monthy Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. The Lancelot's charge towards the castle and the swashbuckling parody just kick ass! I laughed so hard when I first saw it LOL LOL

I've always been keen on Bringing Up Baby. And also, any movie where Billy Wilder tries to be funny - he barely ever fails.

I hated, HATED Bringing Up Baby. But I agree on Billy Wilder, naturally.

The Big Lebowski, Parenthood, Spaceballs, and The Producers also come to mind. And Morn's choice as well.