Star Wars: Original Trilogy Music Resource

robthehand

here is the FSMO list:

Fox Fanfare (0:22)

Main Title / Approaching The Death Star (5:18)

Vader Contacts Luke / The Iron Door (2:20?)

Jabba's Harp Source (3:00)

Unused Source Music (not in film) (1:30) - Not In Film

My Favorite Decoration (1:00)

Lapti Nek (2:48)

Lapti Nek (English mix WB 12'' single)?

Lapti Nek (Film Version)?

Fancy Man (Lapti Nek English Version)?

Jabba's Prisoners (2:20)

Jabba's Sail Barge (Source)

Han Solo Returns (4:00)

Han Solo Returns (Film Version) (4:00) - Different Ending

A Strange Visitor (2:30)

Fight In The Dungeon (3:38)

The Sentence (2:00)

The Sarlaac Pit (0:45)

The Return Of The Jedi (4:59)

The Return Of The Jedi (Alternate) (5:03)

The Emperor Arrives (2:05)

The Death Of Yoda (6:03)

Ben and Luke On Log / The Rebel Fleet (2:50)

Battle Plans (2:00)

Faking The Code (4:10)

Jungle Encounter (1:20)

After The Bike Chase (0:50)

Enter The Ewok (2:00)

Parade Of The Ewoks (3:25)

More Trouble / More Ewoks Emerge (4:30)

Ewok Drums (2:25)

Using The Force (1:15)

Bedtime Stories (1:10)

Ewok Drums (2:05)

Brother and Sister (3:08)

Luke and Leia (4:43)

Father and Son (3:30)

Finding an Entrance (0:50)

Fleet Goes Into Hyperspace (1:00)

Heoric Ewok (2:00)

The Emperor Confronts Luke (3:26)

Intro The Trap (2:36)

Rebel Forces Captured (2:00)

First Ewok Battle / Fight With The Fighters (7:18)

The Emperor Provkes Luke (1:00)

The Ewok Battle (2:48)

The Forest Battle (4:01)

Leia Is Wounded / Luke and Vader Duel (2:57)

The Battle Rages (1:00)

Final Duel / Into The Death Star (3:37)

The Emperor's Death (2:41)

Space Battle (2:00)

Darth Vader's Death (2:31)

Through The Flames (1:36)

Leia Breaks The News / Funeral Pyre For A Jedi (2:19)

Leia Breaks The News (Alternate) / Funeral Pyre For A Jedi (Film Version) (2:27)

Ewok Celebration / Finale (7:58)

Ewok Celebration (Film Version) (1:50)

• 1 month later...

I was wondering...

In the 2004 sony box set of the original trilogy the tracks run into eachother. Is this also in the 1997 RCA edition?

I have a version of "Max Rebo Band Music", it seems a original recording, but it's incomplete.

That's from the soundboards.

Actually, there is 3 versions:

The From Star Wars to Jedi rip

The Soundboards rip

and the film stems leak (?)

They all SFX free, if thats what you mean.

but the quality suffers in the leak, because the volume jumps all over the place.

the soundboards one is 90-something-k.

and DVD/Blu-ray rip is SFX filled.

and the from SW to jedi (unless ripped from a Laserdisc's surround mix) has voiceover.

I was wondering...

In the 2004 sony box set of the original trilogy the tracks run into eachother. Is this also in the 1997 RCA edition?

The 2004 sony box set is identical to the 1997 releases (except they supposed improved the sound by running the 1997 CD master through some sort of digital software thingy)

I was wondering...

The 2004 sony box set is identical to the 1997 releases (except they supposed improved the sound by running the 1997 CD master through some sort of digital software thingy)

And the 2004 version apparently omits the booklets the RCA victor versions include.

I have a version of "Max Rebo Band Music", it seems a original recording, but it's incomplete.

Only the first 24 secs.

The 1994 versions with the laser etched disc are the best. I was able to buy a set with an outside cardboard box for $20 sealed from ebay.

I remember buying each of those in the mall on release day! Love them ... even though they aren't perfect. I dream of the day George Lucas forgets who he ia for a few minutes and licenses all six to LLL. One can dream!

I too remember very fondly buying those SE sets on release day. So exciting to rip the plastic off of.those! Plus I was just starting to realize that john Williams didn't just write the music to star wars but a ton of other amazing music as well....it was a wonderful time.

Agree with the last two posts. I remember going to Media Play in the mall on release day for each set to get them. It was 3 Tuesdays 2 weeks apart each in Jan-Feb 1997

I too picked them up back then when they were first released. Strangely enough I picked them up at Blockbuster of all places. All though like with most of my CDs back then I did NOT take care of them. So hence why I bought them again from ebay years later.

I got all three at Borders (and years later, the Ultimate Edition TPM...also an exciting time until I realized it was super-edited edition lol). I thought I had taken good care of mine, but I just got them out and oh man, the slip covers are in sad condition :( Makes me want to ebay them now....Though not practical, I think the packaging is wicked cool.

I got all three at Borders (and years later, the Ultimate Edition TPM...also an exciting time until I realized it was super-edited edition lol). I thought I had taken good care of mine, but I just got them out and oh man, the slip covers are in sad condition :( Makes me want to ebay them now....Though not practical, I think the packaging is wicked cool.

The slip case covers really do not hold up well, no matter how well you take care of them. Even though I bought the set again from ebay a few years ago, even with taking care of them the slip cases aren't in that great of a shape.

• 1 month later...

I was listening to an LP transfer of Star Wars lately, and i think the quality of the music on the lp is much better. For example i heard a piano in "Imperial Attack". Never heard that before.

Actually i believe that Imperial Attack on the LP is a different take than the one on the RCA set. The RCA take has some noise from someone hitting his stand at the beginning.

The LP has the right takes, the Anthology has incorrect takes (the notes from Ken Wannberg were lost at that time).

And presumably, also the RCA set does not always have the correct takes.

The RCA sets have different takes to the Anthology, but as I have neither the LP nor Ken Wannberg's notes, I wouldn't know if they're the 'correct' takes. I'm told they're the correct takes by a few people on here, so I'll leave it at that.

In the case of the Prequels, I'd agree that new liner notes are needed, but for the OT, the original RCA liner notes should suffice.

I wish Sony would let Mike Matessino, MV and La-La Land release properly remastered versions of the Original Trilogy as well as the intended Prequel scores.

For the liner notes of the Original Trilogy, I'm sure if Matessino had the opportunity to re-write the liner notes for that set he would.

I think a big factor in this would be international distribution, both brick and mortar and online. LFL are going to want this in stores and are unlikely to sign up a limited edition online only deal. Which I think is probably part of why it's prohibitively expensive for the labels.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I think its confirmed that they have better masters for ROTJ, I listened to a rip of the blu-ray, and brightened up the Superstructure Chase cue, and it sound much better than when I brightened up the 97 SE version.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Have someone pointed that in TESB, the track regarding "The Departure of Boba Fett" ( 8:49 - 9:10 ) ,the flute solos (!) haven't the presence as it has on the RSO album ?

• 5 months later...

Hello; I was directed here by someone helping resolve a little problem.

I have the 2004 Special Edition release of ESB. It is terrific, but there are some claims that there are issues with it, such as sound (instruments heard on the wrong side of stereo image, orchestral depth nonexistent, wrong balance and pitch issues).

Specifically, what tracks have this problem, if any? I honestly cannot tell. I have always thought that this release was very satisfying. Pitch-issues? Compared to what is heard in the film, the cues sound fine.

Please help me clear up any confusion with specific details. This is just for my own investigation. Thank you very much.

The Main Title, the main Brass is in the center, when it should be to the right, also there is a little brass ditty that should be in the left channel, but it is in the right channel on the 2004 release.

Also the harp is in the center in some cues, which it should not be.