Favorite Harry Potter Character

Who's your favorite Harry Potter character?  

25 members have voted

1. 1.

• Harry Potter
    • Ron Weasley
    • Hermione Granger
    • Rubeus Hagrid
    • Albus Dumbledore
    • Voldemort / Tom Marvolo Riddle
    • Severus Snape
    • Sirius Black
    • Remus Lupin
    • Minerva McGonagall
    • Fred and George Weasley
    • Ginny Weasley
    • Draco Malfoy
    • Lucius Malfoy
    • Arthur Weasley
    • Molly Weasley
    • Neville Longbottom
    • Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody
    • Dolores Umbridge
    • Nymphadora Tonks
    • Sibyll Trelawney
    • Other

I tried to get all the significant players; if I left out anyone important, don't vote yet and let me know!

My favorite is Dumbledore. He has incredible power, and yet is the kindest, wisest, most humble and warm person you'd ever meet. The twinkle in his eyes is omnipresent, and he always knows just what to say. What a guy! :)

After that, I like Hermione (I tend to identify with her matter-of-factness) and Ron, for his sardonic wit. Snape and Malfoy Senior are great characters you "love to hate." And McGonagall is typically a delight to read, especially her interactions with Trelawney and Umbridge.

Ray Barnsbury

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturgis Podmore.

Of course! 8O

1) Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - so wise, so powerful (didn't look up the name)

2) Hermione - smart, funny, and not emotionless

3) McGonagall - her outraged moments are the best, and she soars in OotP, bickering with Umbridge, then fighting her after they capture Hagrid

~Sturgis, who generally dislikes Hagrid

~Sturgis, who generally dislikes Hagrid

He's one of my favourites - we're really not encouraged to like him better than anyone else, unlike Dumbledore. That said, I did vote for Dumbledore.

-Pete, who thinks that Hagrid's greatest role in the war will be the most important, and that he might possibly sacrifice himself for Harry, and also who can't wait to see how their friendship is displayed in book 7.He was Harry's first friend ever, after all.

Yes. I find Harry to be a bit of a dry character, in comparison to the numerous more colorful personalities. But I suppose that's appropriate, as it's Harry we're supposed to relate with the most, rather than viewing him as someone extraordinary and inaccessible. Although I did think his personality change/development was refreshing in OotP.

Ray Barnsbury

Thanks.

By the way: I voted for Hermy because she's so funny without knowing it (or intending to be so).

And what's the problem with her in HBP? I still like her character (though I've still got a few chapters to go in HBP).

Interestingly surreal artwork. :)

About Hermione in HAP, I'll just state that no-one seemed themselves in that book which made them horribly unlikable. But she was the worst as I grew tired of her bumbling stupidity and the whole "WAH! WAH! Ron doesn't love me! I'll show him!" attitude and her random hexing. I think that hex that knocked Hermione out at the end of OOTP must have had permanent neurological effects. From this, she'd ceased to be Harry's voice of reason and just became Ron's "trophy". The only thing worse was Ginny strutting around as if she could do no wrong - Rowling just wrote her as Harry's "trophy" as well after six books of absolutely zero development.

This being teen fiction, I shouldn't have expected anything more than three-quarters of the book being used up by soap opera.

Wasn't Harry just as annoying in OotP?

k.M.

Nah, I actually felt sympathy for him. I'd be cranky too if my school had been turned into a vicious police state and I was being kept in the dark about what everyone else knew about the enemy, resulting in someone close dying. It's quite a sad book.

I voted for Albus Dumbledore and he would be followed by "Mad Eye" Moody and Gilderoy Lockhart.

I read the first 4 books aloud to my daughter (& wife). Both Gilderoy and "Mad Eye" were great fun to protray. Arthur Weasley also gets an honorable mention. His scene with the Dursleys in GoF was great in the book.