zelda theme music composition???

jrgwalker

I have just heard a compostion of the theme tune from a game called the legend of zelda that is surposidly done by john williams. Although I think it sounds like his work it came to me via a dodgy source. So I was wondering if it is genuine and if john williams did any other music from computer games???

its not who you are underneath its what you do that defines you

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Williams never composed any music for the Legend of Zelda games (or Super Mario Brothers, or any other video game). I believe the theme was composed by Koji Kondo,but I'm not sure about this.

Wow, my very first post in this forum answered this very question!

It's a (great) arrangement of the Overworld theme found on one of the "Orchestra Game Concert" series of CDs released in the 90s. I don't know who arranged/orchestrated it, but it wasn't Williams, though it's very much in his style. Almost a marriage of Zelda and JW - the two passions in my early teen years.

For the record, it was the Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra, and was on the first volume of the Orchestral Game Concert. There were five volumes in all, and they're all awesome - although some of the tunes are more obscure than others.

Batman was just a joke. If you do a search for John Williams on a file sharing site, you'll find that people tend to give Mr. Williams credit to The Godfather, Batman, Forrest Gump, Back to the Future, Star Trek, Willow, and of course, The Legend of Zelda. :roll:

Speaking of Zelda, to anyone else who's majorly anticipating Twilight Princess, this is from the official European Nintendo site. Theme song perhaps? Vocals aren't great, but the music's Zelda-ish. And by Zelda-ish I mean "Welcome to Baku" from Arnold's The World is Not Enough. :P

mp3 link removed by moderator

Batman was just a joke. If you do a search for John Williams on a file sharing site, you'll find that people tend to give Mr. Williams credit to The Godfather, Batman, Forrest Gump, Back to the Future, Star Trek, Willow, and of course, The Legend of Zelda.  :roll:

Yes, and searching in site like this one, the truth will be revealed.

Speaking of Zelda, to anyone else who's majorly anticipating Twilight Princess, this is from the official European Nintendo site. Theme song perhaps? Vocals aren't great, but the music's Zelda-ish. And by Zelda-ish I mean "Welcome to Baku" from Arnold's The World is Not Enough.  :ola:

Link doesn't work for me. But do you know what's cool? The Twilight Princess trailer music. Finally, the Zelda music is sounding realistic and dramatic, while retaining its roots.

mp3 link removed by moderator

Yea. The begining starts off with an almost Superman March thing. Especially the transition between the theme and the restatment sounds like something from something he's done.

That's why I just kinda assumed it was wrong when it said John Williams--which i know to be wrong because I haveall the Zelda scores and I know he didn't write the theme--but thought maybe he'd arranged it.

Who in their right mind changed the artists? Why would someone do that?To get a kick out of it??

Oye...