I am superstitious.

Yoda Longbottom

Ever since 1998, the first thing I listen to in the first minutes of the New Year is always something by John Williams. I believe this gives him some kind of strength and verve. Do you find it any weird? Possibly maybe.

:oops:

Roman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always though superstitious people would tough metal/iron/steel or stuff like that.

I'm not superstitious at all (I think it's just dumb to avoid black cats when they cross the street or crap like that) but I do the same about the music. It's a kind of tradition, a nice ritual. Not in the first minute, but I like to say "that was the first thing I heard this year".

I always do the same for the "last thing I heard this year" too, though.

I have always decided to listen John Williams brilliant

music for the first minutes of the coming year but every

time I am so drunk,that I cannot find my cds...or remember what movies

he directed....or my name.... :|

...or what year you're about to start...

I never get drunk because I don't drink alcoholics but I get pretty insane after drinking a big bottle of Coca-Cola (last year an entire 1,5 litres all by myself while my friend where drinkin' beer).

I had the same weird mental trip like when Homer Simpson ate the huge rattlesnake Mexican pepper at the chili-fest.

You look too young to drink in your avatar.

Yeah, definitely waaay too young. LOL

Star Trek The Motion Picture Main Titles...

It started Star Trek...good enough to start a new year.

What better way to start off the new year with the bu-bu-bu-BUM at the end (the original is still the best sounding bu-bu-bu-bum out of all the main title recordings)?

Star Trek The Motion Picture Main Titles...

It started Star Trek...

It most certainly did not.

Who the hell cares about the stuff on TV?

Justin

Thanks to my father, the first music I heard in 2006 was from someone called Katie Melua. I requested he turn his music off, so I could listen to John Williams first, but unfortunately, he wouldn't. Thankfully, the second thing I heard this year was the Raiders March! Of course in the hope of Indiana Jones 4 being done this year. :baaa:

First thing I heard this year (apart from the unfortunately picked up snippet of Lady Marmelade on TV)

I provide a counselling service for such mishaps - at a very reasonable rate.....

....EEEEKKKK

Here wood gives good luck like a rabitt's leg!

Shesh!

I feel so dirty now...

Well, we don't TOUCH wood for luck, we knock on it. I suppose there is a slight difference.

When the ball dropped in Times Square I played the Superman title march.

Tim

....EEEEKKKK

Here wood gives good luck like a rabitt's leg!

Shesh!

I feel so dirty now...

Well, we don't TOUCH wood for luck, we knock on it. I suppose there is a slight difference.

When the ball dropped in Times Square I played the Superman title march.

Tim

Well knock was the word...

Ever since 1998, the first thing I listen to in the first minutes of the New Year is always something by John Williams. I believe this gives him some kind of strength and verve. Do you find it any weird? Possibly maybe.

:oops:  

Roman

That's not superstition; it's tradition.

I've been doing the same kind of thing for years: I play Goldsmith & Williams scores to start & end the year-- plus other composers (mostly Broughton, Poledouris, Elfman, ...), but I start with several scores from these two.

First thing I heard this year (apart from the unfortunately picked up snippet of Lady Marmelade on TV)

I provide a counselling service for such mishaps - at a very reasonable rate.....

The first thing I heard this year were the voices. They won't go away.