Happy New Year from the Johnsons

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is so confusing?

Ray lives in Michigan, and his surname is Johnson,

Sturgis lives in Michigan and his surname is Johnson,

they met each other, they took a picture and started a thread because they have the same surname. :|

And as much as you're confused, no, I'm not the third one. :devil:

It's great that you two meet each other, though. CJ & MJ. It even sounds cool. How far do you live?  

About ten feet apart, actually. :devil:

"Sturgis" joined just over a year ago, and we didn't say anything about it because...well, you know how new posters are at first, hyperactive and whatnot. A state that most of them outgrow after a while. So anyway, we figured why not make it known now, just for fun. We half-wondered if anyone would notice before now, from little things adding up like our week-long absences coinciding due to family vacations (plus, we both posted about going to Disney World this past March), both being from the same location with an unnamed brother, same last name, etc...and once I posted on the board from the family computer where he was still logged in, so for a while before we realized and edited it, there was a SturgisPodmore post signed Ray Barnsbury. LOL

Ray Barnsbury

It's great that you two meet each other, though. CJ & MJ. It even sounds cool. How far do you live?  

About ten feet apart, actually. :devil:

"Sturgis" joined just over a year ago, and we didn't say anything about it because...well, you know how new posters are at first, hyperactive and whatnot. A state that most of them outgrow after a while. So anyway, we figured why not make it known now, just for fun. We half-wondered if anyone would notice before now, from little things adding up like our week-long absences coinciding due to family vacations (plus, we both posted about going to Disney World this past March), both being from the same location with an unnamed brother, same last name, etc...and once I posted on the board from the family computer where he was still logged in, so for a while before we realized and edited it, there was a SturgisPodmore post signed Ray Barnsbury. LOL

It makes perfect sense. You're both sickeningly good natured.

Get out!

Justin - Who really thinks "Chris" should change his name to Raymond Johnson.

.and once I posted on the board from the family computer where he was still logged in, so for a while before we realized and edited it, there was a SturgisPodmore post signed Ray Barnsbury. LOL  

Ray Barnsbury

Hey I remember that. I went WTF but then forgot about it.

K.M.

Did you think Sturgis Podmore was his real name too?

No, he always said it was anickname. Plus I already knew he was Michael Johnson.

Mirko - still thinking that the Michael Johnson of this board it's not the one that used to run very fast some year ago.

It's incredible... Now that we have discovered the truth, I can enjoy some posts of yours, laughing at what you've written in the "Putting a face to name" thread...

Sturgis must have a nice family.  

Ray Barnsbury

I do have a nice family, Ray.

LOL

It's incredible... Now that we have discovered the truth, I can enjoy some posts of yours, laughing at what you've written in the "Putting a face to name" thread...
Sturgis must have a nice family.  

Ray Barnsbury

I do have a nice family, Ray.

LOL

That picture of Sturgis meeting Williams even reminded me of that picture of Ray with Williams when I saw it. :mrgreen:

Ray, it's OK that both are from Michigan and both are named Johnson.

But you never specified the exact location, and Johnson is a very popular name, so it was hard to realize you were from the same place. If, for example, a newbie register here telling us his last name is Cosman, and he lives in Hoorn, we would have no doubt it's Steef's relative.

But since you never said the exact place where you were from, nobody has never suspected that. Those you listed could have easily be coincidences. Also, not always when one was away, the other was away too. Sturgis, for example, didn't posted from 17th to 30th December, and while you think he went to holiday, you find out the Ray has posted in all of these days. :mrgreen:

What is sure is that you couldn't choose a better moment for this revelation, this moment was absolutely perfect. :mrgreen:

You mean yor real name is not Ray Barnsbury? :mrgreen:  

K.M.

First off, gorgeous new year to everyone by the boards!

King, I believed Ray was Ray's real name. I don't know why ever hide ourselves into monikers. Actually, I thought all our names were real except for a few like Morn and Ocelot perhaps. Before I registered I for a second thought of giving out my real name, but honestly, would you like someone going around here as Romanos Feratu? Kids are coming by here too, so I couldn't do that, you see....

I know "Sturgis" got his screename from Harry Potter, but where did the name "Ray Barnsbury" come from? Just wondering...

Christopher Ray Johnson, on Barnsbury Rd. It's one of those formulas for figuring out "What's your newscaster name?" or something like that...I used it in like 9th grade on a school project and I guess I just liked it as a pseudonym. It's a bit more interesting than the real thing.

Ray Barnsbury