new Harry potter 1-3 recording?

chs058

Could someone make a comment on this album please?

mzi.qaqljqhi.100x100-99.jpg

what orchestra did this?

Is it only available on itunes?

Is this the first official recording of Nimbus 2000?

Is the Prisoner of askaban trak published in the Halleonard signature edition? (because the other are)

Thanks for comments

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't seem to find that cd anywhere online

I checked itunes, amazon, barnes and nobles, and all music guide

could someone please tell me where I can find it?

Thanks

No... It sounds like a new recording... I think I have seen it in the Free Record Shop, I'll try today to look at it and give you guys some more information.

It's on iTunes and it's a Silva-Sampler, so you can bet on a Prague recording.

The only thing of interest is a 2:25-piece called 'Nimbus 2000'. The rest is easily available on the score cd's.

The track

Mischief Managed / A Window to the Past / Buckbeak's Flight (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) 6:58

is a quite nice arrangement.

If it's SilvaScreen and Prague, then it'll be pretty much the OPPOSITE of crappy. Then again, I'm a big fan of their releases.

Still, this is just a comp of music largely available elsewhere, but if this IS the first official release of Nimbus 2000, then it's probably worth at least getting that track off of iTunes.

If it's Silva's with COPF, I will probably get it. Some score tracks they did in the past are excellent additions to the originals. Did you hear the Indiana Jones Trilogy album?

I found it in the itunes store (Switzerland). Could not find it somewhere else. Quality is quite good, Nimus 2000 rather a little too slow.

Listening to the sample on iTunes in the UK:

Harry's Wondrous World: a little dead for me, prefer the HP:PS recording

Nimbus 2000: exciting that it is finally being recorded, but as chs058 said it is a little slow and ponderous

Fawkes the Phoenix: lacks magic, woodwind is not as good as original on COS OST

Dobby the House Elf: quite nice performance, if again a little slow

The Chamber of Secrets: a more mysterious, less menacing take on the piece. Interesting, although I still prefer the OST version

Gilderoy Lockhart: No Ticket has never sounded so good...

Mischief Managed/Window to the Past/Buckbeak's Flight: could only hear a bit, but sounded quite nice and "fun"

Hedwig's Theme: again, more emphasis on mystery than magic. Not as good as on OST

Overall, advice would be to get Nimbus 2000 only. 6/10 (at least they used an orchestra)

Well What I saw was actually a 3 c.d. set(in slim cases) titled The Harry Potter Collection.Performed by MASK.

B0002F4SLU.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002F4SL...v=glance&n=5174

No idea what this might sound like.Anyone has this?

K.M.

I've seen that too...I'm pretty sure they're electronic/synthesized renditions.

I listened to those clips at the UK iTunes store, and they're kind of interesting. Besides there being a glaring lack of bass in "Fawkes the Phoenix," the performances sound good, and it'd be especially nice to finally have "Nimbus 2000" and an alternative performance of the PoA selections.

Ray Barnsbury

Performed by Mask definitifely is synth crap keep your finger from that. Might be that i have one ore two CD's from them and after the listening of the first 10 seconds removed them from my mind.

Right now I'm interested in knowing if the recently released albums by a "Global Stage Orchestra" is synth crap too or real music.

I have the album King Mark is talking, and it is relly out of interest.

I made better MIDI files by myself.

But I am interested by the new compilation if it is made by a real orchestra.

it is areal orchestra, PM me if you can't afford the traks from i-tunes or they are not available in your store.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that info , will be a must have, especially when the other Childrens suite tracks are recorded!

• 1 month later...

Performance is OK..

They've added a load of fake reverb though (way too much).. Well, either that or the orchestra were sitting in an arena LOL

This is definitely on my list now. I love hearing new performances of already established themes and pieces, and the releases of "Nimbus 2000" and the PoA suite are exciting. There seem to be a few too many GoF pieces, but I'm looking forward to hearing some of them, like "Hogwarts' Hymn" and the waltzes.

Ray Barnsbury